Over The Hill: Selah

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Muffin_Mobber, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Muffin_Mobber

Muffin_Mobber Reality Surfer Donator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber

Just thought I'd share this experience I had with the server's forums, and even though only a few people on the forums would probably say they are parkour fanatics, I'm guessing a lot of people can relate to playing on Over The Hill, be it in 2019 or 2014, and maybe what has happened will be interesting to those people.

In addition to that, of course I need to thank Kanye. Selah has 3 pretty distinct portions to it (Uplifting solo rap, angelic chorus, and then the intense and tribalistic portion) , and because of that I felt like I could make a concise yet descriptive history of the Over The Hill world record and progression using 3 main videos as points of comparison.
    -On a real quick note even though Selah is the name of the song used as the background, its meaning is not widely known and some believe that it is basically a synonym for "Pause and Reflect", and I thought that if that was what it meant then the name of the video could even make sense, because in a way we're looking back in time at all of our combined efforts on Over The Hill and seeing how the time spent in the past was not wasted but was used to increase our own comprehension of the map and the game as a whole.

I could also say that even though this project was only a couple minutes long, I spent what seems like much more time editing and learning about the process of editing for this particular video. Did you like any of the small effects that you may have noticed? What did you like and dislike and why, if you can say, so that I know what people like to see?

Thank you for taking the time to view what I made.

Username, sool, witchchick128 and 3 others like this.