Open letter suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by MC_Scout, Dec 10, 2017.

1. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    As some of you probably remember I do an open letter thread at the start of every year. In the past I discussed things that I thought the community should be aware of. This was usually in the form of a challenge or advice.
    Here are the two prior open letter threads:
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-itsjerryandharry-of-2017.102870/
    http://www.itsjerryandharry.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-itsjerryandharry-of-2016.84079/
    For this next letter I wanted to ask the community if there is something you think I should discuss. If you have something please reply what that is, and perhaps a bit of an explanation to clarify.
    Here are some things to keep in mind.
    • I will not discuss things that are of poor taste or things that will do more harm then good. This includes things like left vs right, although politics will probably be mentioned.
    • Things that are a presentment issue throughout the community are ideal topics of discussion. For example I talked about putting things into perspective in my 2016 letter.
    • Issues that directly relate to specific issues within the staff team will be ignored. (ig "What do you think about x decision or y staff member"). Similarly issues that are bound to start drama will be ignored.(IE leaving threads, or "What do you think about player z ?").
    • Things that I have discussed extensively in the past. While I might reiterate something, I am not going to repeat the same point I have made in the past, unless there is a special circumstance (ig the context of a topic has changed, see discussion on staff in both of my letters).
    • This is not an AMA. Do not ask AMA type questions.
    • Just because something was suggested does not mean I will discuss it.
    Please let me know what you think I should discuss.
    EDIT: If like a suggestion that someone wrote please like that post.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Evence

Evence Donator Donator

I think doing a tribute to the past staff members would be insightful, so people who may have not been here when they were staff would be able to learn more about them? And all they have done for the community?

Btw, I think this is awesome of you for doing. So everyone can learn in-depth about topics they should be aware of.

3. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Looking forward to this

4. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    Same

safoya299 likes this.
  5. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Talk about how much you love me.

Talk about how the community has shaped you throughout the years, how you've grown in real life because of the community.

MC_Scout and retirednow like this.
  6. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    That section won't be very long, probably a couple of blank lines.
    Good suggestions, I'll take these into consideration.

Evence, retirednow and Contemptible like this.