[OITC] Losing Elo when your opponent leaves the match

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Mookey, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Alright, so recently I found out that I have been losing ELO unfairly (about 50 in total). For a long period of time I had no single clue what caused me to lose it.

Basically what happened, I was playing a 1v1 against this player. Before I even had a chance to move, he had killed me already, so it was a 1-0 in his favor. About 10 seconds after the kill he left the match for unknown reasons, which resulted in me losing ELO. Which is just very frustrating.

So what problem are we dealing with here? Well, normally when someone leaves in a 1v1 ranked match, you are given the win automatically. However this wasn't case when I played against this player and others most likely.

Thankfully with the aid of @Aran I was able to test this out on an alt account. So the way we tested this is, we played 2 quick matches in a row where I killed him & left the game straight after and so visa versa. I lost -15 in the first match, and another -14 in the second match.
    Also to mention, before we played any rounds I started off with a great 1749 and x4livin with 1210 ELO. I lost exact 29 ELO during this test phase.

Screenshots from both perspectives:

[​IMG]

upload_2017-3-18_0-46-9.png

Conclusion: Whenever you 1v1 an opponent with a lower amount of ELO than you and he/she leaves the match, you are bound to lose ELO. Right now, we're still unsure if this only occurs between players with a huge gap of ELO, but probably not.

It's a bug assumingly and we're the only two who've experienced this as far as we know. Just unfair when you lose ELO this way and you can't do anything really to prevent it from happening. I literally didn't play the game for more than a week due to me losing a lot of unnecessary ELO that I worked hard for to gain.

Attached Files:

2. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Do you know if it was before or after the "Warning: Leaving now will result in an ELO penalty" message was shown?

Aran and j0sef like this.
  3. Mookey

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Yes, it happened after the message was shown.

Rivenze, Markend and Aran like this.
  4. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

this isn't a glitch, it's just how elo works

5. Mookey

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    But don't you think that's just unfair, considering the fact that someone can just leave and basically steal it from you? It's unavoidable.

The one that leaves a match will result in an ELO loss, how ranked matches work basically.

Rivenze, Markend, Aran and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lone

Lone Lonely Admin Donator

Minecraft:
    :)
    This has been a problem for some time now it used to happen to me when I'd play OITC a lot of players would ask me to 1v1 them in ELO we'd play then they'd leave after the message was shown or kill me once then leave as I'd lose around 5-15 ELO, people used to go on alt and ask higher ELO players to 1v1 in ELO and just leave the game to drain them of their ELO since they're higher on the leaderboard than them. This was also how players used to boost their ELO to get on the leaderboards like many other players used to back in the day.

Aran, YFIOTR and Mookey like this.
  7. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Will be fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.