Other Games Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by j0sef, Mar 12, 2017.

1. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

What a novel idea. Portable, console level games. Sounds great right? Well, what happens when said portable console, doesn't work.

You may or may or may not have already purchased a Switch or you might not give a damn at all. However, if you are considering buying one, be weary, as they come with some issues.

Bilbo likes this.
  2. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Ouch. :/

3. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Nintendo has put so much time and effort into such an amazing concept, but to see this many complications happening around the launch is just shameful and ridiculous. I don't recall this happening when the Wii and Wii U got launched, nor when the 3DS did.

I'm a Nintendo fan and I was almost going to pick-up one on the release. Kinda glad I didn't, because it's a $300 console that comes with no bundles or any pre-installed games. Personally, I think people are just too rough with their belongings, so the screen damage is no actual surprise to me.

Also, from what I've heard, the Switch has already been hacked by hackers. Seriously, how hard can it be?
    Nintendo sure has work to do on patching these glitches and complications, to keep their customers satisfied.

4. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

The channel, Crowbcat, does the same kind of videos for other games and consoles. He did it for the PS4 Pro, Xbox One, etc. Every console obviously will have a few defective units, and if you get a defective unit, you can switch it in for a new one. Putting some videos of defective units into one video makes it seem bigger than it really is.

5. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

I have to admit, I have Nintendo ds something, and a Wii and a Wii U.

Nintendo has failed us this time. I was excited for the Nintendo switch, then when I looked at the video.. I think I'm not going to buy it because consoles hate me and they die..

6. Yellow_Pants

Yellow_Pants Casual gamer Donator

Minecraft:
    Yellow_Pants
    I admit that Nintendo should have put a little more effort into their hidden browser if they didn't want the Switch to be hacked. I'm guessing they thought no one would realize it's vulnerabilities.

I haven't found any glitches on my Switch yet, but if you are having issues and the system updates doesn't fix them, just go to the store where you bought it and they'll give you a new one :) .

Mookey likes this.
  7. Mookey

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    It's not hard to figure out that exploits usually are being run through web browser injection, so I'd assume Nintendo would want to prevent that as best as possible this time, yet someone was able to find the hidden data within 2 weeks, so easily. As if they didn't learn from their past mistakes at all. Also, I have no problem with people hacking their systems, because I run Homebrew on the 3DS myself for my own advantages.

It's just so easy to break into games and consoles these days. You're cutting in your own fingers Nintendo.
    And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nintendo in any way. I'm always happy with what they offer us. #Nintendofan

You're absolutely right, but it's annoying. As a customer you expect to have your console working just fine, sure there are can be a few glitches undiscovered by the testing team, but certainly not of this level. Especially around the release.

Yellow_Pants likes this.
  8. n00bhouse

n00bhouse Donator

Despite the "technical difficulties", hate me for that one, but I will definitely buy a Nintendo Switch. Not every Switch has these painful launches, etc.
    I have every Nintendo console at home beginning with the Nintendo 64, and this is a must-have for me. I'll wait for a bundle though, and, of course, until the big games will be released.
    I am a huge Nintendo fan, and I don't make that a secret. Whatever happens, I'll always stick with Nintendo.

j0sef, Miner, Mookey and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mookey

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Same for me, I'll always stick with Nintendo. Too bad I don't have any old consoles anymore, but I did own most of them pretty much. :)

I will definitely pick up a Nintendo Switch in the future. Can't afford one right now, really sucks. :(

n00bhouse likes this.
  10. Yellow_Pants

Yellow_Pants Casual gamer Donator

Minecraft:
    Yellow_Pants
    Well, you have a point, it's not that hard to hack a console this days.
    Don't worry, I'm sure Nintendo will do something about this. If they really don't want the Switch to be completely hacked, they'll make a system update that patches all the vulnerabilities, and make it come pre-installed with the Switches they have to sell yet.

Mookey likes this.
  11. niaarchangel

niaarchangel Angelic VTuber Donator

Minecraft:
    niaarchangel
    I bought mine at launch. To be honest, that painful launch video is likely a minority. Really unfortunate that it happened, but I doubt its THAT huge of a deal. I think the launch library IS lacking, but I don't care because I don't have enough money to buy what's already there.

I have like 2 games :I