Minecraft New Minecraft Launcher

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Smg, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    upload_2017-2-9_13-49-0.png
    upload_2017-2-9_13-49-32.png
    upload_2017-2-9_13-49-50.png
    upload_2017-2-9_13-50-11.png
    We all knew it was going to sometime arrive, and it seems now is that time. Mojang has recently updated the Minecraft launcher that we all know and love to a much, cleaner version. Pictures are listed above.

I just want to hear your guys feedback, even though I am almost positively sure this community is not happy about it. Here's my opinion, though:
    That's about all I got to say, and as I stated earlier I am looking forward to your replies about the topic.
    Have a great day everyone. :)

Attached Files:

Cami likes this.
  2. xdd

xdd Donator

It's cool I guess

3. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    I like how I can change my skin without having to go to the website now.

safoya299, Aiqw and OfficerDeadly like this.
  4. Abudon786

Abudon786 KentuckyFriedMC

Really long to goto options, change the launcher options then go back. Probably because i'm not used to it.

5. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    For some reason, I got this launcher before a lot of people..
    I thought we all got it at the same time but after asking around nobody else had it..
    Wonder why
    Though overall I personally like the old one better, as it was much simpler and were laid out in front of you.

Sakujo likes this.
  6. Loocy

Loocy Donator

Minecraft:
    Loocy
    It's really annoying... for some reason, I guess they keep updating it or something and now it won't even launch on my laptop so I'm using a desktop computer. It just stays loading so I'm not sure.

safoya299 and Nicohle like this.
  7. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    Don't even have the new launcher.

8. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Honestly, I think the new launcher is cleaner and better, since it has more options to it. But at the same time I miss the old launcher that has been around for so long.
    Also, ever since the new update, I'm unable to start up my Minecraft like 6/10 times. Which means I have to restart my whole computer every time it occurs. >.>

Anyone has an explanation why this keeps on happening?

9. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    Launcher works fine for me. Clean but complex. No issues or glitches have happened since I have been issued the new launcher.

Overall I think it's a pretty decent launcher, but at the same time the old launcher was around for so long that I miss it now.

10. Trisssy

Trisssy Tris | Aussie | Donator

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    I like how you can change your skin without going onto minecraft.net, It's very convenient. But I don't really like the design tbh, I prefer the old minecraft launcher design.

11. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    Its such a crappy launcher. Microsoft thinks they have to update something that does not need to be updated and do it anyways thinking they will make it better when it just makes it worse.

Sakujo and Darkstorm77 like this.
  12. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

From what ive heard, Microsoft had nothing to do with the Development of the new launcher, Dinnerbone and the PC/Java dev team made it themselves. Microsoft actually doesnt have a say in what goes into the Java version of Minecraft, Jeb and them are allowed to develop that one as they please.

The new launcher actually has some new features that i felt to be a whole lot simpler than they used to be, like changing your skin in the Launcher without having to go to Minecrafts website, as well as managing multiple clients for different versions of the game. Its not as complicated as it was before.

This is just how i feel about this whole thing, you dont have to agree with me if you dont want to :P

Sakujo and Darkstorm77 like this.
  13. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

Well I like the skin, but the mc itself, it just won't load up and keeps crashing.

14. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

I feel that might be a bug, I heard that you could report that type of stuff to Mojang but im not sure. You could most definitely try though :P

15. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I use a launcher called SquidHQ which is exempt from updates. This seems to work (since the new launcher doesn't).

16. NotInUseBlaBlaBla

NotInUseBlaBlaBla seeya Donator

Thank god Linux doesn't support this godawful launcher yet! I DESPISE flat UI.

17. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

I actually like the new launcher better than the old one.