New KOTH changes debate

Discussion in 'Hardcore Factions' started by Stroof, Mar 9, 2018.

?

Keep or change KOTH warp idea

1. Keep

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Change

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  1. Stroof

Stroof if ur read this ur big gay lmao Donator

Basically as you might know with reset KOTH has been made into a warp and basically this ruins it because if two people jump down when your capping they will 2v1 you and you will die 100% which makes it harder for smaller factions to fight at KOTH, to fix this either change it back to normal OR allow pearling in the KOTH arena so that you can pearl away from them.

Vote poll yay thx

2. ILABORIOUS

ILABORIOUS BEST EU Donator

I personally don't like that it's impossible to kite, but at least make it really hard to escape but not impossible.

Stroof likes this.
  3. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I agree it should be changed. It discourages people from fighting at KOTH and makes it unfair to smaller factions and makes it more centered around larger factions having easy dominance.

4. ItsSteveX

ItsSteveX What is a BB code?

Minecraft:
    Lil_Canadian
    I agree

Mergency and tence3000 like this.
  5. iSlayerMan

iSlayerMan [No More PvP] Donator

Minecraft:
    xSlayerMan
    i think should be same to old koth maps but add "./warp koth arena" where is doing koth tpa player to koth arena or "./warp koth tower, forest ,etc...".

6. Lars

Lars FadKidsUnited

Minecraft:
    ItsLarsa
    everyone is going to run again, noone will die, new players need to make ally ships so they havena chance.

7. ILABORIOUS

ILABORIOUS BEST EU Donator

Yeah but that's still hard and now most factions are merging which is harder

8. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    5 small factions still don't stand a chance against a larger factions. Trapping is how they could get kills in the older KOTH but now KOTH is just a way for bigger factions to get some extra free loot.

9. jovanhon

jovanhon potato is a food

They wanna "encourage fighting", but they need to encourage FAIR pvping. we have like 4ppl vs like a thousand, #CHANGEKOTH!!!

tence3000 likes this.
  10. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    I fail to see how changing back to the old KOTH design would improve the problem of larger factions having the upper hand? The only difference is now people are actually getting killed instead of just running away into the forest

Timyus, Lars, Cheez and 1 other person like this.
  11. creeper1561

creeper1561

Ok simple terms: small faction = 4 people
    Big faction= 8 people
    Now since small faction cant run, they will lose sets to knock because 8v4ing in gap is nearly impossible
    So
    Small fac no go to koth no more
    So
    Free loot for big faction

12. jovanhon

jovanhon potato is a food

Also, we get to trap people. and we have a bigger area to fight, so if someone 3v1, we can slowly run till only 1 person is chasing, then we might have a chance to kill them. now its just a giant saferoom, you'll have like 10ppl chasing u. #SAFETHESMALLFAC

tence3000 likes this.
  13. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    To add on to the items said above I want to add my own argument:
    1. As explained, if a bigger faction goes with lots of members in good gear they practically automatically win. In the old system, smaller factions could still knock them out of KOTH and then possibly get more members on to help fight.
    2. If you aren't the biggest faction like @creeper1561 said, then it's most likely you'll be completely outmatched in a fight and then killed which discourages the smaller factions from fighting in the first place so although it solves the issue of running, there will be nobody to run in the first place as they are all discouraged from going because they know they are outnumbered and will lose their gear.
    3. Also as @jovanhon said, trapping was a nice part of KOTH last map which isn't a big complaint but it was nice to be able to do that last time.
    4. One of my major concerns: Although it is a fight to the death scenario, now that we have pearls it makes death slightly less likely, but the issue comes when you have to invest so much on god apples due to their price increase (you can't survive big fights with potions alone especially when you're being teamed on) and then you go and fight with those god apples, have an unfair advantage and then lose all the money you spent on those even more now expensive god apples. It just makes it, for me personally at least, not worthwhile to spend that much on god apples and not even have any proper pvp fights and instead an unfair fight, I'll most definitely lose and then at the end of that, a loss of 25K minimum (presuming you take 5 god apples which is the minimum to last you through a p4u3 set). It just doesn't make the prospect of KOTH appealing anymore and therefore as said above, it just provides free loot for the biggest faction.
    It solves one problem of people running but just opens others.

14. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    I have made the koth area bigger, it should be easier to leave now

tence3000, iSlayerMan, Lars and 2 others like this.
  15. Lars

Lars FadKidsUnited

Minecraft:
    ItsLarsa
    we voted for that, and we wanted it to be changed, so why go back to normal again

16. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I see your points but not everybody wanted it changed.

17. ItsSteveX

Minecraft:
    Lil_Canadian
    I actually like how there is a koth arena. It stops people from trapping 247. It gives us fair fights and since no one can prepearl or trap we actually have a better chance of killing one and other.

People voted and majority won.

18. creeper1561

creeper1561

"fair" have you watched your own koth video. Go to 4.23 and tell me fair please because honestly i dont see fair

[ Today we played on itsjerryandharry Factions. We fought hard and got several kills, shout out to everyone in the video. Btw i only have 6 cps, and since the more cps, the better you are at pvp this was a toughie but we did pretty well LOL. DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE FOR MORE ]

lets examine ur description
    1st. Fought hard and got several kills
    have you seen the video?
    2nd. Today we played on itsjerryandharry Factions.
    wheres the ip? just better
    3rd. since the more cps, the better you are at pvp
    thats not how it works
    4th. this was a toughie but we did pretty well
    the majority of your faction uses reach what did u expect?

majority meaning ur entire faction faction

19. ItsSteveX

Minecraft:
    Lil_Canadian
    1st At 4:23 all I can see is you being outnumbered? what is your point
    2nd We did fight hard and im pretty sure the gamemode we're playing is called Hardcore Factions
    3rd Youtubers say that all the time
    4th Lmao why are you accusing us of hacking. One of your fac members recently got caught for hacking so stop
    5th i dont know if you saw but the ip its also in the video throughout the entire thing, look at the top left corner and you can see the server ip.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  20. creeper1561

creeper1561

When people run to traps i just see them clicking the w button and moving towards a claim?
    10v1 is not a hard fight and even if you did fight hard then thats sad because there was like 4 of us. Hardcore factions is also a different gamemode than the game we are playing. Hcf is with potionpvp, deathbans, and on. The only reason its labeled hcf is because they wanted to make the name cooler

Fact is not true and most youtubers do say cps doesnt matter and the most important thing is aim

I brought up the cheating problem because of zakes ban. You leader zmanmz clearly uses 3-4 block reach and has been banned many times before. The same thing goes with lovre. We have well over enough evidence to get him banned and yet the staff refuse to ban him because its not 100% sufficient even though it is. Another thing is old members still show up on alts and cobble monster our traps. These alts have tried to rat/log my ip before. The thing is you are part of the only the couple of legit players in kob/apoc.

If it is i just did not bother looking for it