New Craft Roulette Spawn

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by ANumber2Pencil, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    IGN: Shadow23221
    Minigame: Craft Roulette
    Description of the map: Candy Land/Fantasy Map. Very Colorful and fun!
    Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/BxxFX
    Credits to: Shadow23221

2. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

The terraforming is flat in most areas and needs more variation in the blocks. If you want a example, the lime stained clay is a good block but with some actual grass and green stained clay, it will improve the overall visuals of it. You could also make the mushrooms hand built. Making it handmade just improves the quality of the build. (If you stuck with handmade mushrooms make them almost like a tree.)
    The little structure you have is the little board and it needs depth. You could also expand on the basic square shape, what I mean is add more stairs or slabs and make the board more extravagant.
    I'm also not to sure about the theme, nothing gives the idea that this is craft roulette. I know the current one isn't either but the idea is to make this better.

I know this is a harsh first post on your build but I want to share a honest opinion not a false one.

3. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    That's okay! Thanks for the tips. I am bad at building XD

_Frizzy likes this.
  4. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Nice build! I think you need more details. The few trees and glass panes aren't enough. The floor looks empty and I think that there should be a variation of blocks. Not only clay. I also think you should change the blocks in the pathway to the sign. Good luck!

ANumber2Pencil likes this.
  5. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    I really like this, you did a great job! It needs a bit more detail like others mentioned, but apart from that it's excellent.

ANumber2Pencil and safoya299 like this.
  6. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Thanks! I actually thought the same thing while building this but I had a lack of ideas :/

safoya299 likes this.
  7. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I say take your time until something brilliant pops in mind. I personally really like this build because it's simplistic.

8. ItsPacers

ItsPacers Well-Known-Member Donator

Minecraft:
    ItsPacers
    Maybe some more detail. Other than that, it's great!

9. momand

momand ex-god Donator

I'm not going to go into "oh add more detail" because several people already said that. It looks detailed enough in my opinion, just the ground feels rather flat.

In my opinion, it just doesn't feel like a CraftRoulette spawn. Don't get me wrong, the design is excellent, but it feels rather out of place. It would also feel out of place within the server, since those spawns have either rustic or futuristic type spawns. But that's just my opinion.

10. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Ok I might just try and make a new one later this weekend :P

I agree with most of the things you say. After I built this I thought,
    1. There was a lack of detail and other colors (Mainly for the lime green ground and also so parts of the hills)
    2. That the ground was too flat

So if anyone has any suggestions as to what I may be able to add that would be really helpful thanks :D

Smg and momand like this.
  11. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    My opinion on this build is that it looks great overall. I can honestly see this as a [CR] spawn. But, the one thing is the ground. I feel if you can put a bit more detail in it, then this spawn would be perfect for craft roulette.

12. LizzieRa17

LizzieRa17

Minecraft:
    LizzieRa17
    I have to agree with what everyone else said but it's a really cute design and maybe with a bit more detail it could be great.

13. ConnorFTW

ConnorFTW Donator

Minecraft:
    ConnorFTW
    Awesome!

14. Mountier

Mountier Donator

Minecraft:
    Mountier
    Cons: The terraforming is still very flat, and there's a lot of open empty spaces. Also, you can make out the spheres from the worldedit, which is a huge mistake most people make. A good terrain is just as important as other aesthetics, I usually spend at least an hour on smoothing out mountains, etc. About 30 minutes working on the mountains and another 30 terrain and you'd be fine!

Pros: I like doing pros last to end on a positive note. I really like this spawn, it's much more colorful than the current CraftRoulette spawn, and makes it seem like a more inviting, welcoming server, the current one gives the "official and confidential" vibe rather than just a fun place to chat with people. I love the use of colors and mushrooms, although some grass or other blocks could be mixed in. I like the rainbow, river, and the little tunnel thing, they all add some level of detail and color to the build. I also like how you built the flower giant, and used giant mushrooms to give the player the feeling that they're small or in an oversized world.

I like this build, I would definitely support it to replace the current spawn if you changed a few more things :D

(BTW: This doesn't pertain to this build particularly, but what I do is if I can't come up with an idea for what to change or how to do something, don't force it. I left my spawn uncompleted for a whole month before I came up with the idea for the ground design. If you force it it'll turn out worse, but waiting for the moment when a brilliant idea hits you helps a lot)

15. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    This is a true statement. I am gonna say to add more accent blocks. Basically, add move blocks that make the terrain "pop". If you even need help with building, I'm more than happy to help you out. Just ask me! :) So far, The map is pretty good. Just add some more detail, like I said earlier. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  16. zMagical

zMagical Im full of MAGIC!

Minecraft:
    zMagical
    Love the build!

JoneZaik likes this.
  17. HeyImJosh

HeyImJosh

My opinion is this is a great spawn but I think you might want to add either parkour or king of the ladder in it. Other then that I think the theme is great!

zMagical likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.