Net Neutrality and Ajit Pai

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Fredrique, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Fredrique

Fredrique Aesthetic Lifestyle |Bboy Tubbz Donator

Minecraft:
    Gavrael
    What would the internet look like without net neutrality? Well, the internet would be sectioned into packages. Social, email, streaming, music. Without net neutrality, companies can control what you see online and charge you for the content you want to see.

On top of what you already pay for internet services, you'd have to pay extra to use Facebook. Even more if you want to check your email. Want to listen to music? Pay more. Do you like to watch Netflix? Even. More. Money.

This is what it's like in other countries without net neutrality. Don't let America be one of those countries. Please sign, share, and inform others to keep the internet the way it is.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

I am not here to start an internet war, I'm here to try and inform you guys my fellow users of the internet that the internet is in danger. It takes literally seconds out of your day to sign this, thank you.

2. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

oh dw the internet is about to go apeshit anyway

RBfnIw11Qk_D6R_QuRnQVw.png
    we can do it guys
    petitions aint going to do something in my opinion

TreeKillerMan likes this.
  3. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

4. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    I have signed, but I really doubt it's going to achieve much. All of your calls will go unanswered and your emails will either receive a robot reply, or go in the trash.

NekoNebulus, Mcc457 and Ryva like this.
  5. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I'm going to copy paste my response from the other thread on this matter:

Looking into the situation, I’ve moved from being strongly for NN, to 50/50. The FCC’s objective is to remove government regulation that keeps the internet the way it is. But when that regulation is removed, there should be competition between ISPs. There are two possible outcomes, the bad one is that the ISPs collude together and hike up the prices and take advantage of the consumers, the good one is that there is competition in the market, encouraging ISPs to make really good package deals for consumers to buy their products. If an ISP blocks or intentionally slows down a website, consumers could switch to another ISP, which deincentivizes screwing over consumers.

PopeUrbanII likes this.
  6. blamecoopa

blamecoopa how did i get here? Donator

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    I actually did flip. I might be going on a strike in the city Dec 6th. It's a good cause to support in every way you can.

If it get's to Trump's desk, he will pass the law since he helps the corporate part of America

MC_Scout likes this.