nativelog.txt appears on desktop when loading Minecraft launcher

Discussion in 'Help' started by John_0696, Oct 25, 2017.

1. John_0696

John_0696 Johnora The Airbender Donator

Minecraft:
    John_0696
    So today my old launcher broke and I had to reinstall the whole thing, but now I ran into a new problem. Whenever I open the launcher, a text document pops up in my desktop and I have no way to get rid of it. I know this forum isn't exactly the right place to ask, but if someone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. :)

2. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks console.log("getTitle()", "Moderator"); Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    tence3000 likes this.
  3. John_0696

Minecraft:
    John_0696
    I tried that, but it didn't seem to work, I might have did something incorrectly since I really don't know how java works, but I'll look into it again and update this post. :)

4. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    I had the same problem and the fix posted by TheDiamondPicks worked for me. Just delete the shortcut from your desktop and make a new one.

tence3000, Rem and John_0696 like this.
  5. John_0696

Minecraft:
    John_0696
    Alright, so I tried deleting the shortcut to the launcher and made a new one, but it unfortunately didn't work. The problem was still there, Part of me believes it might have something to do with the .Minecraft folder and the new Minecraft folder conflicting with each other. I'm not sure what else to do but I really do appreciate both of your help. :) Any solutions?

6. Draggon

Draggon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    Download something called SquidHQ. It's just like minecraft (No hacked clients installed or anything/mods) but it allows you to join blacklisted servers. You don't really need for to join blacklisted servers, but I think if you use SquidHQ it'll fix your problem.

I only use SquidHQ, I never use the standard minecraft launcher.

7. NESlover

NESlover Donator

Minecraft:
    NESlover
    A simpler solution is to right-click nativelog.txt, click properties, then check "Hidden" towards the bottom.