My theory of the big bang

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by ItsCreeper5484, May 23, 2014.

1. ItsCreeper5484

ItsCreeper5484 #BestDuck

Minecraft:
    Creeper5484
    As we all know, the universe was created by an event known as "The Big Bang", because there was a large explosion that created the universe, all the stars, planets, galaxies, everything.

But there is 1 thing that makes me suspicious

We all know the laws of physics, gravity for example, the force that keeps us ON the earth
    But the number 1 law in physics is: "Matter cant be created or destroyed"
    So how did the big bang happen?

How did everything go from nothing, to everything?

Here is what I think:

If you were to go up extremely high, and look at our solar system (mercury, Venus, earth, mars, etc.), you would see that our solar system looks like an atom

The sun looks like the nucleus, and the planets look like the electrons, therefore creating an atom like figure

Also, the universe keeps expanding, and expanding, and expanding, but if you were to build a rocket, that could launch you out of the space time continuum, what would be there?

Nothing! Nothing would be there

So basically, the universe is expanding into....nothing

But since our solar system looks like an atom...what if we are an atom in a balloon?

Here is why I think we are an atom in a balloon:

A balloon expands when blown into, and the universe is expanding.
    The universe is expanding

A cool fact that proves my theory of us being an atom:
    When an atom is split, it creates a massive nuclear explosion.

Now, we all know there are small explosions on the sun, but what would happen if you were to cut the sun in half

It would create a huge explosion, therefore ruining our whole solar system, and part of the space time continuum.

Another thing:
    Look at your finger nail
    Your fingernail is made of cells
    Your cells are made of atoms
    We are like an atom

Therefore, your fingernail could have a solar system inside of it, and inside that solar system, another, and another, and another

The solar systems keep getting larger and larger, and smaller and smaller (that would take forever to explain)

So my conclusion:
    The big bang theory wasn't what created us, it was something else, that created the big bang, that created us.

Animoes, Shadow_Folf and kklm225 like this.
  2. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

This is a great theory, but you are missing one thing:

E=mc^2

E=mc^2 is not just an equation, but a theory itself. Einstien believed that matter can be converged into energy, and vice versa. It is said that the universe was a giant ball of energy, turning into sub-atomic atoms, then atoms, then solar nebulas, then stars, then solar systems, then life

3. Shadow_Folf

Shadow_Folf

This is good theory, and you back yourself up with many support of which I like, but as Fluttershy's Assassin said,
    And as you know, there is no EXACT reason or known fact of how the galaxy or we were made. This is a mystery to us, and it may be that way, until time travel (Not happening anytime soon) can be invented. (I am in 7th grade, so if I made an incorrect assumption, please do not be afraid to tell me so.) If I am not mistaken, you can only go to the future, but impossible to go to the past due to scientific research. Therefore, it will not be possible to know how the universe originated, but it is of course, great to have such an amazing theory as you have proposed.

4. cookiefonster

cookiefonster Formerly known as WikiRigbyDude

Minecraft:
    (gave account to little sister)
    Honestly, that theory is silliness to me. After all, atoms and solar systems actually behave really differently; the similarities are only skin-deep.

ScorpioStarz, Shadow_Folf and Mcc457 like this.
  5. JoeyBACONBacon

JoeyBACONBacon Fig Newton

Minecraft:
    JoeyoftheBacons
    Big Bang in kindergarten terms:

Ball full of stuff goes boom-boom and makes shiny lights in thingie.

In actual terms:

The dense ball of... stuff... exploded into the universe. It's continually expanding today, and there was some study that I don't remember the title of that proved that. So then a couple billion years after that, a random rock hit another random rock. The molten ball of rock was hit with asteroids and all kinds of rocks. Nothing could survive then. Nobody knows how water got on the earth, but it was probably a comet or something with ice. Some scientist proved that using electricity in a mixture of gases can form proteins that would be essential to life. That is how most scientists and people of science believe 'life' began. Then the weird organisms evolved into bigger things, and evolved for the next couple billion years. They grew into weird fishy things, and their eyes evolved there as well. Then, when they finally left the water, they had trouble seeing. That's why some people still need to wear glasses today, because the fish-organism-things evolved in water. Then, those land-fish-things started growing legs, and ended up being dinosaurs. A huge asteroid hit the earth and knocked all the dinosaurs out, and only burrowed animals survived. Evolution went back on its normal speed and made odd ape-ish things. Then it turned into the thing that we call a human. And here we are now. A guy named Clair Patterson did some thing with lead and uranium... I have no idea how it worked. But he figured out that the earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

#Cosmos

Take that, creationists.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Shadow_Folf and cookiefonster like this.
  6. LaurentYuri

LaurentYuri Please check information for contact details

"Matter can't be created nor destroyed"
    Well, yeah, conservation of mass, but the Universe continues to expand.
    Something out there makes matter, I think it's called dark energy, but I know what can destroy matter, called antimatter. It exists.
    If the above was true, and the universe stopped expanding, eventually gravity would collapse the universe and create the Big Crunch.
    If the Universe kept expanding, but no new matter is formed, why should it expand for nothing? It wouldn't.
    If new matter is formed, then the Universe should expand.

The Big Bang was a theory since scientists discovered background radiation. And it's the most true (not actually true, there's nothing else that can disprove it). There was a particle that started it all (although I'm quite doubtful since it has to be very dense bit who cares I only like looking at dead stars) and then exploded for no reason creating the Universe. Red shift further adds to the possibility that it's expanding, since the farthest known quasars are invisible because of their speed. Know the plum pudding model of an atom? It happens to the Universe too. When it expands, anything inside it keeps up.

I don't really care, we weren't there to witness the creation of the universe. Science will evolve in the centuries.

Shadow_Folf likes this.
  7. cookiefonster

Minecraft:
    billion*

8. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    Another thing to add:

The atom DOES NOT look like a solar system model. That is just an easier to understand model of the universe. Due to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, you can't tell the speed of an electron, or the position at the same time. You have to either calculate one or the other. The electron moves insanely fast around the nucleus of the atom, so a better model would look like this:

[​IMG]

The darker areas are where you are most likely going to find an electron.

[​IMG]
    Heres a simpler model. Aerogel would be best if you wanted to model an atom for a science project.

Then, there's also string theory to consider. The atom we have in our head could all be an illusion. Human history has fallen prey to illusions before, and we aren't immune to them, just slightly more aware.

Moving on...

Your theory, I have thought about it often, too. It's a real interesting perception on existence, but it's nothing more than speculation.
    The big bang is also a theory. It's got some backing, but it's also got some holes. It doesn't explain what started the expansion, if there even was a singularity, and where the singularity even came from.

My speculation is that our "universe" is just a section of part of something bigger. There would be multiverses, maybe other singularities ready to expand, infinitely far away. If the "universe" is even infinite, we would just be one universe, or area, slightly different form another. That would span into the parallel universe theory, which is a whole different story.
    All of this, excluding religion, which, for all we know could be true, but religion, politics and race are not parts of a proper conversation...

Well, according to the theory, the universe is 13.8 Billion years old.

9. VanillaBird

VanillaBird

Everything is one, and one is everything.
    If there weren't a one, there wouldn't be a everything
    But, if there weren't a everything, there wouldn't be a one.

Do you understand?

10. ItsCreeper5484

ItsCreeper5484 #BestDuck

Minecraft:
    Creeper5484
    this is the fact though

Neither of us is right, this is just a theory

I could be right...or wrong, but there is no way to prove it, even I don't know if I am right or wrong

11. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    That's flawed. One is a concept of singularity, everything, may be made of matter, but they are not the same thing. You must be thinking of infinity. The true concept of everything.

Time Travel
    ...wibbly wobbly, timey wimey...

12. JoeyBACONBacon

JoeyBACONBacon Fig Newton

Minecraft:
    JoeyoftheBacons
    This is the true story of the Big Bang:

Her Dogeness, Lord Kabosu woke up one day and was very bored with the blank space. His Brodyness, Lord Adrien Brody thought that it would be nice to create something called the "Brodyverse." Kabosu was disappointed in the name, and suggested the "Dogeverse." Other names ran around like "Kabosuverse," "Adrienverse" and "Dogebrodyverse." They finally decided on the name "Universe" because it would be the one and only kingdom to rule all of Lord Kabosu and Lord Brody's nations and worlds.

Lord Brody called upon Lord Kabosu to bark louder than ever, and Her Dogeness made the most beautiful bark ever. It caused their bubble to pop, letting out all the wisdom of the Holy Two.

And that is how the universe was created.

13. cookiefonster

Minecraft:
    +Infinity

14. Enderbrine

Enderbrine うちはサスケ

For people who don't understand this stuff, go some thread before your minds is going to explode by scietifical questions, answer, conclusions,., You know what I mean. Or In a shorter saying. More reading this, More we go hurting Our brains.

15. VanillaBird

VanillaBird

By "Everything", I ment something. For example, the Earth.
    I could use another word, but "Everything" sounded badass :)

16. videogameguy128

videogameguy128 patriotic figure

Minecraft:
    VGG
    Am I the only catholic here or something that believes that God created the universe? .-.

pls tell me i'm not alone

17. Enderbrine

Enderbrine うちはサスケ

Your not alone.

18. VanillaBird

VanillaBird

I also believe like that
    But what scientists want to know is HOW the universe was created, and not WHO

Mcc457 likes this.
  19. cookiefonster

Minecraft:
    God is just a synonym of Adrien Brody.

JoeyBACONBacon likes this.
  20. Cobra

Cobra ༼ ⊙◞౪◟⊙༽| Retired

Minecraft:
    CobraTheAlmighty
    [​IMG] But seriously, The Big Bang Theory (not the show) doesn't interest me that much.

You are not alone.

Although I have been always intrigued with the science field, the Big Bang Theory doesn't concern me that much. It really doesn't strike me to think it really happened.

VanillaBird likes this.