[My First Story] Blood At The Shadows

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by Phoenix, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first chapter of my first book: ''Blood At The Shadows''.

This chapter includes:
    @Contemptible as Cole
    @Smg as Daniel
    @n00bhouse as James
    and me, as Scarlett.

Also, every chapter, I will include a sketch of a character, here is Scarlett:
    Scarlett.png

If you didn't get a role in this chapter, then don't worry, your character will get involved later!
    Enjoy!

(POV means Point of View)
    (Sorry if the chapter is short)
    (Every chapter is around a 1000 words)

~ Chapter I ~

Scarlett POV:

''Damn it!'' I curse as I run over the old tiles on the street. My eyes were focused on the tunnel which most travelers go through to leave the town, called ''Port of Freedom'', pretty funny in this situation if you ask me. Right before that tunnel, I need to turn right and-

Someone pulls me into the bushes. ''Ugh, sheesh, there was no need for that Dan...'' I put my hand on my head and try to calm myself a bit down. It wasn't the casual chase as usual, which is odd. Maybe they've changed their guard system? ''Ugh, Scarlett please, just call me Daniel. Also, yes, there was need for that. Look at yourself, you almost got busted and you know it.'' Daniel seems a bit mad, I can't really put my finger on it. Oh well, most probably my fault again.

-Time skip-

''I'm actually disappointed...'' Cole sighs deeply. Cole is the oldest one here, 17 to be exact. He set up this hide-out and well, he helped us all out. Once we were all lost, upon the street, but he offered us all a hand and helped us. Well, not exactly if you think about it, since we're thieves now, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyways, Cole is kind of our leader, let's just put it like that. He doesn't talk much, but he can be nice.

''Listen, I'm sorry okay. But you have to face it Cole, we needed that gold really ba-'' I get cut off by Cole, he seems quiet pissed, and he's not the only one.

''Scarlett, you're 15! You should know better. Never risk your life, okay?! Understood?!'' I've never seen him like this, honestly. Normally he only talks to us when he feels like it, which is rarely. I don't really know what else he does, but I'm not really interested in that anyways.

''Oh well, I'm sorry'' I say while I stand up and stretch. ''Won't do it next time!'' I wink at him, but he seems really pissed, which is for a good reason. It was quite stupid of me anyways to act like that. I walk towards my bed, or well, whatever you can call a bed. It was just a lot of pillows on the ground and some hay. I sit down and take a deep breath. Being stuck in this kind of life is kind of boring sometimes. My parents don't want me back after everything I've done. I have to agree with them, I always was a brat. I honestly understand why they were so evil to me, they just wanted me to change. Well, look where I am now, I hope they're proud.

''Boo'' A voice behind me says. I turn around and see James, he looks bored. ''Oh, hey James, how are you?'' I ask, and offer him a seat next to me. ''Oh well, I'm okay. Just a bit bored and stuff.'' He explains. I lay down and look at the ceiling. ''You're not the only one who's bored'' I sigh. I stare at my hands, they look dirty, even my nails. People always told me that my hands are really elegant, but I think they would change their mind if they'd see my hands now. ''Wanna annoy Dan?'' James asks. I look at him and smile a bit. ''Oh hell yeah!'' We stand up and sneak up towards him.

-Time skip-

I've been hearing these noises all week now. It seems like it will never go away. It sounds like a weird mixture of the wind and the bushes and trees. It kinda creeps me out in some way, even though I know it's nothing important.

I've been trying to sleep for a long time now, it must have been at least 2 hours. I've been thinking about Cole his behavior. I've never really seen him, caring like that. Of course, I know he was mad, but it means that he cares, right?

I stare at the ceiling. I can hear my breathing if I listen closely. There are so many things to think about, but I didn't choose the best time for it. I sigh quietly, not trying to wake others up. I know the future is far away, but I worry a lot. I wonder if my parents actually look for me, if they still... care? Is it really so weird to think that, to have a little... hope?

-Time skip-

~Dreaming~

''Go go go!'' Daniel shouts, after a confirmation of Cole, who is the lookout. I grab my blade and rush for the boat. It's a risky mission, but we took a long time to sort this all out, but we need to go for it now. I look around for the other, but they seem to be all fine for now. We aim for the gold, as usual. It's midnight, so everyone is sleeping. We expect this to be easy, as always.

-Time skip-

I panic, badly. Everyone left me behind. I can hear the guards coming and I know I'll get busted. A fear spreads in my body. My hands and legs start to shake and my face is glowing red. I slowly start to lose my vision and fall to the ground. I start to breathe heavily, and try to get up, but my body won't let me. I slowly fall away, and close my eyes.

''SCARLETT?!'' I hear someone say. The voice is fading away, but really familiar. It sounds like... like... ''Cole?'' I mumble softly. ''Idiot! You scared us all to death! We thought you were dying or something!'' he sounds really worried. Apparently I've been sweating and crying, my whole face is red as well. I open my eyes a bit, and realise it was a dream. Sheesh, luckily it was a dream. It was just a sad dream.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    BrakeCrake, Praetor, meemo and 5 others like this.
  2. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Very well created, Phoenix. I like it (I like that I'm the leader too ;)) keep up the good work! I can help with writing chapters if you need it too.

kiraa, katlynn and Phoenix like this.
  3. meemo

meemo the forgetful Donator

Minecraft:
    AlmightyWIKI
    I like it! keep up the good work!

Phoenix likes this.
  4. Praetor

Praetor Dead| Female Rodent Donator

Minecraft:
    PraetorOfRome
    Nice! I'm excited for more :)

Phoenix likes this.
  5. BrakeCrake

BrakeCrake Donator

It's really good.

I am excited for the next chapter :)

Phoenix likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Hi again, welcome to the second chapter of my first story: ''Blood at the shadows''.

This chapter includes:
    @Contemptible as Cole
    @Smg as Daniel
    @n00b as James
    @Destination666 as Dest
    @BrakeCrake as Jerry
    ??? as ??? (lol I'm not gonna say it duh)
    and me, as Scarlett.

This time, a sketch of Cole:
    cole.png

If you didn't get a role in this chapter, then don't worry, your character will get involved later!

Enjoy!

(POV means Point of View)
    (Sorry if the chapter is short)
    (Every chapter is around 1000 words)

~ Chapter II ~

Scarlett's POV

''Apples and carrots, apples and carrots'' I sing quietly. This should be a piece of cake, it's Saturday evening and the men who work at the local marketplace are packing in their stuff. As usual, there should be around 2 to 3 crates filled with apples left, and 5 crates of carrots, more than enough. This is basically my daily task, Dest, the one Cole actually speaks with frequently, tells me what we need and I get it, as simple as that. Sometimes James tries to confuse me by naming different types of food, so I forget what I need to get. But luckily, that only happened once.

I hear the men talking, which means they're off-guard, good. I rotate my head a little and peek around the corner. I can see my breath flow out of my mouth, slowly disappearing in the air. Must be cold I guess. I've never really had a thing for the cold. Oh well, I was born in the cold as well, so cold never bothered me anyways (no pun intended pls).

''Did you hear that?'' I quickly hide around the corner again. I guess I was mumbling or something. Sheesh, I've really been wandering off lately. First I almost get caught, then that weird dream, now this. Who am I talking to anyway? Ugh, oh well.

I grab a stone and throw it over the two men, which caught their attention. ''What the...'' one of them says while scratching the back of his head. I look at the other one who mumbles something, and they walk off towards that stone. I quickly grab one of the crates and put it behind the corner, then the other one. The second one was a bit heavier for some reason, so I assume those were the carrots. I sigh, heavy. Why did they even pick me for this job, I'm one of the weakest out there.

''I swear it came from there'' one of the men says loudly. I grab the two crates and run as fast as I can. I feel my hands burn, because these crates aren't light at all, plus the fact that I'm running. I try to control my breath, since I start to sound like the king when he would be choking in his stupid ''goose soup'' again.

-Time skip-

Cole's POV

''You have to be kidding me...'' I mumble under my breath, as I look outside the window. It's getting dark, really dark, and Scarlett isn't home with the food yet. I sigh, the window gets fogged because of my warm breath, compared to the actual temperature. I hear the door knob squeaking and turn my head to Scarlett, looking at me with a bit of an exhausted, yet cheerful face expression. ''Was about time'' Daniel says as he walks into the room, I laugh a bit, but Scarlett doesn't look happy at all. She walks off to the room where her bed is, I guess she isn't in for dinner this time.

Scarlett's POV

''Scarlett, psssst, pssssst'' Someone is whispering in my ear and poking my cheek, I open one eye slowly, and recognize the familiar face immediately. ''Jerry, not now'' I turn my back to him and try to sleep. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. ''But, Scarlett, the place is on fireeeee'' Jerry whispers again.

''WAIT WHAT?!'' Whilst trying to stand up, I hit my head twice, and when I'm finally up and look around, everyone is sleeping, and everything is fine. I look at Jerry angrily, I could spit fire myself right now. ''Why are you doing this?!'' I want to shout angrily, but I whisper. Jerry looks at me with an innocent face. ''For fun'' he responds and smiles. ''Ugh... okay fine. Just sleep, okay?'' I say and head to bed again. A sigh rolls over my lips. I stare at the ceiling. I sigh, again, thinking about life. Why did I choose the hard way? The easy way was right in front of me, why did I have to mess up…? I switch to my right side, and close my eyes, and slowly fall asleep.

-Time skip-

???'s POV:

I put my hand on the dirty window. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned for over 5 years from now. I try to wipe of most of the dirt and look through the window. It’s dark, but I can still see what’s going on. Two, four, six, eight, ten. Good, nobody is missing, which means she should still be there as well. No worries. I sigh quietly. Keeping an eye on someone is pretty hard, especially when you care about them. I wonder if she’ll ever know, what is going on in my head. Most probably not, but oh well, you never know.

katlynn, Contemptible, Dest and 3 others like this.
  7. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    You have come far, Padawan, I have taught you well in the ways of wattpad...ing.

Anyway, gr8 story m8, I r8 8/8

Phoenix likes this.
  8. gippy

gippy DO IT Donator

i love em!

Phoenix likes this.
  9. Contemptible

Minecraft:
    --
    Good job phoenix (: perhaps we can collaborate for chapter 3?

Phoenix likes this.
  10. BrakeCrake

BrakeCrake Donator

But I want to fight you in Pokemon Sun

Nice chapter!

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Sure thing!

Contemptible likes this.
  12. Contemptible

Minecraft: