My Departure

Discussion in 'Goodbyes' started by Skillz, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skillz

Skillz Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    Skillz_
    I've made a few Goodbye threads in the past. One of which was genuinely one I thought would be my final goodbye to this server, but I ended up returning. The other two I made were after resigning as staff, which in my opinion were inappropriate, disrespectful, immature and cringy.

Initially, I didn't want to make another goodbye thread because of the negative connotation goodbye threads have on this server, and because of my previous ones. However, I decided to make one so that people can refer to this thread to find out why I decided to leave.

To start off, there's nothing in particular that is happening in my life, or any issues I'm struggling with. I'm not depressed or suffering from any mental health problems or anything. I didn't get into beef with anybody on this server, nor am I impulsively making this decision over something silly. Continue reading to find out why I am making this decision.

To anybody who felt/feels like I am a close friend of theirs, I would like to make it clear that I will most-likely be talking to you less, or not at all. Our common-interests and conversations are a waste of time in my opinion, and we just joke around. Of course, I do have some meaningful conversations with some of you sometimes, I'm just trying to make it clear that those are pretty much the only conversations I'll probably have. Of course, I'm fine with keeping in touch with you on Discord if you still wish to continue talking with me. (Although, I don't believe there is anybody in this community who considers me to be a close friend of theirs at this point in time).

During my time in this community, one of the biggest regrets I had was my decision to become a staff member. Through doing so, I wasted a tremendous amount of time into a time-wasting activity. I gained absolutely nothing out of it. This is not to say that some people genuinely enjoy being apart of the staff team, and that it's not a time-wasting activity for everyone.

I'm 18 years old now, and I wish to put my time and energy into Uni, my career and other productive hobbies/activities until the end of my life. For me personally, this server interferes with that and as I mentioned before, I don't enjoy playing on this server, so it isn't even something which I can go to in my free-time to have fun. Overtime the time I spend on here adds up and sometimes I even end up playing for a lot of hours. Some people may argue that this is a silly reason to leave, because I can still come on here once in a while, talk a little bit and focus on other things for the most of my time etc. However, like I mentioned before I seriously don't enjoy being in this community anymore, and it's a time-wasting activity I don't want in my life.

Playing on this server is neither enjoyable for me, or beneficial to me. I find it to be a time-wasting activity. In life, it's important to spend some time on time-wasting activities such as video games to de-stress, have fun and relax. However, if a majority of my life is spent on time-wasting activities, I don't believe I will achieve my version of success.

To end off, I just wanted to mention I quickly just typed this up and did not put much thought/detail into it and I can understand if it doesn't make sense or seems stupid to some.

I'll be online for a few more days to reply to any comments/questions I receive on this thread, but afterwards I'll be gone and the only way to contact me will be through my Discord. I will be permanently leaving this community and completely disassociating with most people.

I would like to apologize for any harm I may have caused, and would like to ask you all to forgive me for my shortcomings.

Here is my Discord Tag if you want to speak to me/contact me: Smith#3744

Here is my final message:
    upload_2020-1-17_22-23-41.png

- Skillz

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    SkyBread, Zak and Apex_SkyShadow6446 like this.
  2. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    On a bright note, compared to the last goodbye message you left, we're on good terms again. Good luck wherever you go in life and make sure you check in on discord every so often. <3

SosoTheOrange and Skillz like this.
  3. Skillz

Minecraft:
    Skillz_
    Glad to hear that, and speaking of Discord, I just realized I put the wrong Discord tag in my post, thanks for indirectly making me aware of it/fix it.

SkyBread likes this.
  4. samloop123

samloop123 . Donator

Minecraft:
    SamLoop
  5. ILABORIOUS

ILABORIOUS BEST EU Donator

Is it me or you complaining about time waste while time-wasting?

6. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    i have cut time-wasting activities out of my life countless times and all that ends up happening is i spend more time browsing reddit

7. ILABORIOUS

Just plant trees than browsing Reddit that'll save your time to help the planet-saving its time.

8. Soap

Soap Vroooom™️ Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    this is the story of my life

9. Skillz

Minecraft:
    Skillz_
    I wouldn't say leaving a brief explanation as to why I'm leaving for people who care/want to know is a waste of time. It only took me 5 minutes to type this up, and you can tell by how it doesn't make sense and is phrased poorly.
    You have to have something productive to be doing if you cut out time-wasting activities, otherwise there's no point. In your case, it just leads to a different time-wasting activity.

SkyBread likes this.
  10. ILABORIOUS

Life isn't fun if you have always something productive to do, and 10 bucks says you didn't write that up in 5 minutes

11. Skillz

Minecraft:
    Skillz_
    I believe in an afterlife, and whether you believe in one or not, my ideology should still make sense to you. I don't want to have fun in this life at the expense of my afterlife, because this life is nothing compared to the afterlife. I would rather work hard in this life, to live a better afterlife. Regardless of believing in an afterlife or not, I enjoy doing the productive things I do anyway.

As for always doing something productive, a human simply can't do that. It's in our human nature to take breaks, relax and have fun from time to time, but it has to be done in moderation. Which goes for everything in life, it must all be done in moderation. Which is why I'm not completely cutting every single time-wasting activity out of my life, just to pointless ones like IJAH.

Probably somewhere between 5-10 minutes, but you get the point.

As for anybody else reading this, this will be my last post of the forums and I won't be logging onto the server or forums anymore. I'm no longer in the IJAH discord server, so the only way to contact me would be through DMing me on Discord (Smith#3744)

Just going to repeat me final message here:
    Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow.

SkyBread and Trrevor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.