Minecraft Minecraft 1.13 Snapshot part 2!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by John_0696, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

So remember that thread I made a while back about the new Update to oceans? Well Mojang has made some improvements and new additions since then so Why dont we take a look at the rest of the new things 1.13 has to offer!

First and foremost, The Previously shown Phantoms have had a bit of an upgrade, Their AI has been improved and now they look a whole lot different than before.
    2018-03-08_09.14.15.png

I personally like the improvements Mojang has made, The monster now looks way more terrifying than before with the ghostly wings and Exposed Skeletal parts, that and they are a bit more faithful to their concept art that was shown at Minecon earth. They also made them slightly bigger than before. So better get sleeping before these monsters show up.

They also made a ton of improvements and additions to the Oceans, Now they are split into 5 different biomes, Frozen oceans which have a layer of ice over the surface, Cold oceans, normal oceans, Lukewarm oceand and lastly, warm oceans. They also added a tint to the underwater fog that changes color depending on what body of water you are in. Here's a photo of what warm and lukewarm oceans look like.

2018-03-08_09.02.01.png
    They also added new Fish! Remember how they joked about adding a fish mob to the game before? well now it's actually a thing! There's 3 main types of fish, Cod (a.k.a Normal fish) Salmon, and Pufferfish, which expand and give you the poison effect if you get too close to them They also swim in schools too! Tropical fish can only be found in Lukewarm and Warm oceans, the same goes for Pufferfish too.
    2018-03-08_09.25.00.png

2018-03-08_09.25.19.png

2018-03-08_09.28.06.png
    2018-03-08_09.30.36.png

You can also use a water bucket and catch the fish too, Now aquariums can be a new decoration peice for your home or base. I think this was a neat little addition in my opinion.

2018-03-08_09.08.45.png
    They also added a new decoration block, Coral! it comes in 5 different colors as you can see here, But they only can live in water and if you try to place one on land, it will become dead coral. not only that but they also have their own plants too!

2018-03-08_09.05.05.png

Another interesting new thing they added to oceans was Ocean ruins. This is where you will be able to find interesting stuff like Buried treasure maps, you use these and it takes you to the nearest treasure chest. Now you too can be like a Pirate!
    2018-03-08_09.00.12.png
    2018-03-08_09.06.47.png
    "Yo ho Yo ho a Pirate's life for me!"

This update is so much fun and there's so many things to cover that Im probably going to have to Put it in another thread, But so far, I think the Update aquatic is really giving us some really fun things to try out, and hopefully there will be more in the Future. c:

stempunk, Smg, ZeusV and 1 other person like this.
  2. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    FISH!!!!!!!!