Minecraft Minecon Earth

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by John_0696, Aug 8, 2017.

1. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Hey everyone, So today I have a bit of news to share with you guys, We all know about Minecon and such and how every year they host it and I was wondering when they were going to announce it this year. Well it seems that Minecon is happening, But its way different that I thought it would be.

Minecon earth is basically this Event thats similar to the traditional Minecon, but instead of being hosted in one country, Instead they are hosting the whole thing on the Internet so that Everybody has a chance to join in on the fun. There's no tickets or anything to attend as it will be streaming on Twitch, youtube and many other video platforms. They will also be giving out exclusive Merchandise that you can order online instead of buying it at the convention, so that means everyone has a chance to get like an exclusive figure or plushie. Also they are having a thing where Youtubers can host their own community events like meet and greets and so many other things, Its really cool. This Event will be held on November 19th, just a couple days away from Thanksgiving.

I honestly dont know how to feel about this event. I mean it does seem way more efficient than selling a batch of tickets that sell out in less than a second as well as dealing with some of the really really awkward and kind of rude attendees. Since I went to the last Minecon back in 2016, It feels nice that Ill be able to get some of the merchandise that they are selling this year without having to travel far away to get this stuff. But a part of me feels like this Minecon wont be as big as the ones that were actually hosted at convention centers and that since its on the Internet, Things could probably get worse as the viewers are anonymous and that they could do some potentially mean things to the mojang team.

Still nonetheless, im curious about how this event will turn out and hopefully it will be fun. :)

So what do you guys think? do you like This decision by mojang, do you not? Let me know here in this thread!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Smg likes this.
  2. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    I'm just going to quote half of reddits response.

"A 90 minute-long livestream shouldn't be called minecon"

3. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Wait a minute, It's only going to be 90 minutes long? O_o That's only like an hour and a half. Damn that's short

4. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    Overpriced temporary merchandise to show you watched a two hour livestream
    So basically a livestream
    Hardly a meet and greet
    The MINECON streams usually get taken down by hackers anyway, can't wait for MINECON Earth to fail

ZakMuir, cingle and PhantomStar like this.
  5. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

The YouTube meet and greet things aren't attached to Minecon Earth from what I've heard, But still that seems waaay too short for a Minecon event, I feel it should be 2 days like it usually is, I don't know how they are going to cram all this stuff into an hour and a half .-.

6. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

Just a livestream, no offence but who would be excited for that? Kids ofc, but I find it more fun without a livestream.

7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    What's gonna happen to the minecon capes?

8. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

I'm not sure, they didn't really say anything about them, But I hope they aren't getting rid of that idea.

Smg likes this.
  9. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    seems less appealing to me. This is called Minestream, not Minecon
    so it's basically people having a vc through livestream with that youtuber? this is a waste of time
    I rather go and meet them in person, and you can have more interaction with them such as taking photos and ask them to sign your book or something.
    since we buy it online, do we need to pay for shipping too?
    I guess the capes aren't that special anymore since now everyone can "attend" for free

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  10. Rofl

Rofl ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ Donator

I just want them to say "By the way, there will be a 2017 cape" so I can get more capes on my MC account.

As for the idea, it's better than nothing but TBH I too agree that this shouldn't be called "Minecon."

11. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
  12. GalaxyPuffz

GalaxyPuffz rip joergen Donator

Minecraft:
    GalaxyPuffz
    So... no "Minecon 2017 cringe compilation" on YouTube?

I'm upset.

13. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    it almost seems like Mojang is cheaping out, which is strange considering the huge amount of publicity minecon brings minecraft, and the whole 'community togetherness' thing, which is kinda important. I don't really buy this whole 'Minecon Earth' BS.

From some videos I saw on the reddit thread, it seems more like a keynote than a proper convention.

I found this video which sums it up pretty well (sorry for the cringeyness):

Sakujo likes this.