Marvel salt storm

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by sebastiann, May 27, 2016.

1. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

Mhm sorry for the salt storm but if you're an avid marvel comics fan you might know about this. Read the entire thread before you comment anything. I thought it'd be cool since there's some fans here on the forums.
    #SayNoToHYDRACap: What You Can Do
    In the past 36 hours or so, a lot of us have felt like we’ve had the rug pulled out from under us and that someone we have loved and trusted–some of us for all our lives–has been used against us to cause us pain. All for the sake of shock value and money.

There has been a lot of pain and suffering and we know Cap would want better for us and he would rather die than let anyone down like this.

Especially his Jewish fans.

What has happened with Steve Rogers Captain America #1 is horrifically antisemitic and spits on the legacy of the two Jewish men who created him to get the American population to care about Jewish lives in a time when no one really did. A genocide was happening and America did nothing. Around the world, antisemitism is on the rise again and Marvel is now having its own hand at it. If this enrages you–and it should–then you must want to do something.

Nick Spencer and Marvel Executives want you to think that since this has already been published and has apparently been years in the making (which is a stretch, to say the least, they said this started in 2014), the conversation on this is over and our anger is meaningless. I’m here tell you, this isn’t true–as a collective, we can force Marvel to change.This conversation is not over until we let it die out.

We may not be able to stop this run of Steve Rogers Captain America from completing but we can influence Marvel in two meaningful ways: we can make sure that no matter what, this is not permanent, and we can make Marvel consider what will happen if they continue this trend of antisemitism and bigotry, of ignoring the important legacy and impact of their characters.

Marvel is afraid of what we do and don’t spend our money on. Marvel is afraid of what we say to our friends, what we encourage our social groups to read and not read. Marvel is afraid of irrelevance

Marvel is afraid us.
    Here is What You Can Do:

Most importantly, stay angry. Don’t let this moment pass.

We, as a fandom, are not powerless. We may not have superpowers, we may not have the individual wealth or social power to make a difference on our own, but we have the power to come together and let Marvel know we won’t stand for this. We will not passively stand by, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby would not want us to.

Captain America would not want us to stand by and let this happen.

[​IMG]
    -
    the comic book industry was built on the back of jewish creators, superhero comics were pioneered by jewish creators. everything we have today from superman to captain america, is down to the creativity of jewish artists and writers. and todays comics do nothing but spit on that legacy.
    Our culture and experiences shaped these characters. Shaped this legacy.

Superman is living embodiment of tikkun olam. Kal-El is literally Hebrew, he is given a gentile name (Clark Kent) on Earth because he is based on the Jewish immigrant experience. The hope of two Jewish boys during the depression.

Captain America is literally Erskine’s golem. Erskine is a Jewish man who was forced out Germany, and he gave a good man the ability to become a super soldier. Because Jews needed hope.

Ripping characters away from their Jewish roots is an incredible disrespect to the people who built the universes we’ve grown to love.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We may not agree on stucky, we may not agree on the Accords, but I think we can all agree that STEVE ROGERS IS NOT HYDRA.

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.
    -
    this has nothing to do with anything but i just want it on my thread
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pic creds from my marvel friends from the internet
    -
    let me explain something

even if this is brainwashing

even if this is just an act

even if this gets retconned

even if this is nothing more than a dumb publicity stunt

it is part of an on-going trend at marvel that shows the appalling lack of respect they have for jewish characters and creators and the bizarre, sickening romanticizing of hydra, a nazi organization.

steve rogers is the creation of two jewish men who took a stand against nazism at a time when it was not popular to do so, and they received many threats for doing so. he was intended to be political; the first thing you see him do is punch hitler in the face. even if this new twist ends up being reversed or made into an elaborate ruse, we now know that marvel is willing to jeopardize this legacy for publicity. they don’t see it as disrespectful to toy around and twist the creation of two jewish men like this.

wanda maximoff and pietro maximoff, the jewish-romani children of holocaust survivors, are actively having their jewish heritage erased by marvel higher ups who say thing like “can you point me to a single story, just one, in which the ‘fact’ that wanda and pietro come from a jewish background is in any way relevant?”. not only this, but their jewish identities are being erased in the mcu and replaced with christian identities (wanda has a cross hanging in her room), while also re-imagining them as hydra nazi volunteers. this from the same mcu that routinely hires jewish actors and actresses and then erases their identities such as with natalie portman, kat dennings, rdj, gwyneth paltrow, and paul rudd; in the cases of some jewish actors like jon berthanal they actively replace his jewish identity with a christian one by making the punisher a (lapsed) catholic.

all the while they continue to glamorize the nazi organization hydra, playing up the meme status of “hail hydra”, having their employees wear hydra merch and describe themselves as hydra in their twitter bios. they even released a comic about an agent of hydra, intended to be a comedy, slice of life thing. you were intended to feel bad for hank, the protagonist, because he just saw it as a job and joined because of the tough economy, ignoring the fact that this was the case for many real world nazis as well. magneto, a jewish holocaust survivor, was villainized and basically held responsible for endangering the world because he attempted to kill the red skull, a nazi who was setting up new concentration camps. it was also the title in which his paternal relationship with wanda and pietro was erased. the series name was axis.

this is not cute. this is not the type of stuff that can or should be ignored. this is just further proof of a seriously alarming trend going on at marvel, where they think flirting with nazi organizations is fun and ignoring and actively erasing the identities of jewish characters and the contributions of jewish creators is okay. do. not. ignore. this.
    -
    “It means on the most fundamental level that the most trusted hero in the Marvel universe is now secretly a deep-cover Hydra operative.” (x)

No, it means you made a symbol of hope and freedom created by two Jewish men during World War II into a Nazi for shock value to sell comics.

The amount of bullshit, garbage excuses for doing something so deeply, offensively, morally wrong just astounds me.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TreeKillerMan, Braixen, Aiden and 5 others like this.
  2. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I didn't really understand what Marvel did... the only thing I understood from this thread is how I must riot against the company.
    Can you give a short explanation on what this is about? >.<

3. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

I don't mean riot against the company, it's just if you wanna help or anything like that.

4. Kono

Kono Former Staff Donator

Marvel apparently screwed up the whole Marvel Universe by making Captain America, the Steve Rogers incarnation, a supporter of Hydra, the symbolic manifestation of Nazism in the comic books. From what I understand, only the readers and Cap know about this.
    I agree with these sorts of opinions that are presented. Marvel is specifically targeting its fans that loved Captain America for being the representative of all America has to offer. It is a foolish idea to make a "shocking" revelation of this just to make sales of comic books. I understand that comic books are art and that they are a sort of propaganda towards to population, but it's demeaning towards fans to put the issues of today in front of character values.

Syrian, TheMint and sebastiann like this.
  5. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

SJWs need to but out, racists need to but out of my comics mfw i just want to see captain america bash nazi wannabees heads in is that to much to ask. Plus the retconning of famous superheros, mfw make your own unique superheros.

6. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I don't think this is something people need to riot about, Marvel could have something in store later to explain why that happened.

The only thing we should riot about is:
    How GRRM killed Hodor in GOT.