Losing the ability to punish yourself (Staff members only)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aran, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aran

Aran Donator

The following suggestion is meant for (former) staff members only
    I've heard multiple stories from staff members about how they've warned or banned themselves in the past. I understand that accidents can happen at times when it comes to this, but sometimes it's also done on purpose just to mess around with themselves. Sounds quite funny to me, but no matter if it's done on purpose or by accident, there's simply no point in even having the ability to punish yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having the ability to punish yourself doesn't benefit you in any way whatsoever.

So I started thinking about a possible solution to this issue, and I thought: Why not implement something that makes it impossible for staff members to punish themselves? If this is impossible to implement or just disadvantages the server or staff team in any possible way, please explain why.

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Soap

Soap Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    There are no downfalls from this, however, I don’t see how this will create benefits. For one, staff members shouldn’t be punishing themselves in the first place. And two, warnings and bans can be removed with a command regardless of if the user is a staff member.

Again, nothing can go wrong by adding this but I still don’t believe it’s THAT beneficial to add.

3. TheMint

TheMint Former Mοd+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Former?

Also... This suggestion is pointless. I've heard of only one case ever of this happening, and unless staff members became a whole lot stupider, this will only be a waste of time. Also, it's fun to ban yourself when you're bored, why get rid of it?

4. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    It's literally 3 lines of code to implement this but I don't see the point

hmj, Smogg, Andy and 5 others like this.
  5. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    What’s the point in this

hmj, Smogg and teitan like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Former S.TAFF | M Donator

Minecraft:
    momand
    if anybody mistakenly bans/warns themselves they can just ask another staff member to unban/unwarn (and if the person who punished themselves is a mod they can just unwarn/unmute), so i just don't really see a point

it doesn't hurt but it doesn't really help either

7. Aran

Aran Donator

Thanks everyone for letting me know about your opinion on the suggestion. :)

Locking thread.

ItsJerry and Andy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.