lol pro player going through a lot rn

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Teddie, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Teddie

Teddie Donator

I don't really know where to put this but, I'll just put it here just in case. If I put it in the wrong section, please move this thread. Anyways, moving on to the main topic.

A current League of Legends pro player, also known as Doublelift, has been going through a lot of shit lately. He is currently playing the AD Carry position on Team Liquid and is currently in the Finals of the North American League Championship Series (NALCS). Recently, he has found out that his older brother has attempted to murder his family (mother & father) and has managed to succeed. The mother unfortunately passed away and the father is currently in the hospital with a stable condition. Peter (also known as Doublelift), is currently trying to keep in touch with his father and his younger brother to do anything to support them. As for the older brother, he has been arrested by the police and is in custody as of the writing of this post.

Why, you may ask? Why has he tried to murder his own parents? His parents tried to console him after his recent breakup with his girlfriend. As crazy as that may sound, it is in fact a true story. It's still April 1st in my timezone as of the writing of this but this is not a joke. This is serious shit.

If you would like to read the full story on this situation, please consult this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5567091/Son-30-murders-mother-stabs-father.html

FB_IMG_1522637177838.jpg

I merely wrote this thread just to raise awareness of what is going on in Professional Player's lives. Just Because you're a pro player in any sport (or esport), it doesn't mean that this may not happen to you. Regardless, you never realize how much you love your family until they're gone.

This really pains me to see; not only has his parents been harmed, but also it's clearly going to have a mental impact going forward in his career. He is one of my favourite players in the game and it really makes me sad that this kind of situation is happening. Not only to him, but to others as well.

Prayers to Peter and his entire family.