Let's make an effort, shall we?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smg, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Would you like this update?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, but I would change some things (go ahead and list those things!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BaTikiMaTom

BaTikiMaTom damn alright then Donator

Minecraft:
    TikiManTom
    y'all theres no problem with this at all as long as your purchases carry over to the new creative server.

Smg likes this.
  2. Valleyside

Valleyside "Valleyside" | Chili's waiter Donator

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    I'm on the fence about this. I simply find it unnessacary. We've seen it with all of the mini-games which are updated. Their playercount spikes up for about a week - even shorter in some cases - and then it plops back down to it's original count. It's like a drop tower. It goes up, reaches a peak, and then shoots back down.

However, there are some elements that I do think could be an asset to the Creative players. A client updated would be great, and could open a few doors for future builders. And I never really got why JnH made 3 - I think there were even 5 at one point - creative worlds. Bro, you really only need one. A reason I could see the multiple worlds working is... privacy??? I don't know. However, a merge and an update could be a fun thing for some of the players.

A thing that caught my eye was that you said that JnH could update the Creative server to 1.13. (That's what I got out of it, I could have misinterpreted it.) How (and why) would they do that, exactly? I've seen some servers lock mini-games to certain versions of Minecraft (i.e. 1.9, 1.10, etc.), but that just seems like a lot of work. IMO, that would literally KILL the Creative server even more, just because it seems like kind of a hassle to quit the game, open up the launcher, update the version, turn on the game, log on the server, get on the Creative world just so they can meme with 15~ people and build things that will either never be finished or never be seen unless you're a popular member on the forums. I think it's a good idea to merge all the Creative worlds but a full plugin remodel and a version update just seems like much. In any case, I see it literally dropping the playerbase lower than it already is.

I feel like the JnH team (as in the admins and owners) shouldn't just occasionally fix the mini-games. That doesn't really do much. If I was in that position, I would be active with the community. I would host events, throw in some giveaways, tournaments, get-togethers with the players! I feel that it's foolish to just spice up the minigames and call it a day. Now, I get it that Jerry and Harry are busy making outdated, fart-humour Machinemas and playing on a server that isn't even theirs, but if you wanted a thriving, active server, you should've been ready for what you had coming your way.

So, my opinion is: No, I do not think a good 70% of this is necessary in any way or form, but a world merge would be nice??? I don't know. I feel like if JnH wants to make their server better, they should actually be active with the community, not just make mini-games slightly better.

Reply with your opinions.

Smg likes this.
  3. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | WALK WITH ELIAS Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    Firstly, thank you for actually giving reasons as to why you disagree with the suggestion. This is what I wanted, feedback and discussion.

Now, as to your points:
    • An update like this isn't necessary but I do feel it could help some server growth. I mentioned in the main thread on how one of the main reasons people tend to disagree with large updates/arrivals of servers is due to how the community has reacted to them before. This is different because Creative has sustained itself for the entirety of its existence on the IJAH server and has the potential to sustain itself even more with a carefully executed update that introduces a new world like this one. The main idea that I based my idea off was the survival server reset last summer, which in my eyes, worked to the best of its ability. Creative and Survival worlds are very different, and some people just don't seem to care for the extra work you may have to put in a survival world in retrospect to creative. This is why the survival world eventually faded out. I do not think it will happen with something like this, and my thought process isn't purely based off speculation because I have asked the Creative1 server many times and have constantly gotten responses such as "Yes please" or "That would be great" when asked what they think about a new creative world that uses plotsquared and newer minecraft features.
    • Updating the Creative server to 1.13 has almost no cons. Creative has forged itself a little community and there are players who only come on for it in the first place, I should know because I was once one of them. The new blocks and opportunities that newer versions of Minecraft offer are amazing and out of this world compared to an older IJAH that is still stuck with 1.8 mechanics. As to how, I'm not a coder but I know that Jerry and Harry are very skilled in that manner and I have been on countless servers where there are specific Creative worlds in newer versions of Minecraft. The whole idea of giving this new world a new taste of blocks and things to create will help with giving the Creative mini-game a feeling of being somewhat new, and refreshed. It's a feeling Creative players haven't felt since the summer of 2015.
    • It could be seen as a hassle but again think of it through the player's perspective. Most Creative players, from what I see everyday of staffing that server in particular, tend to just stay on that server alone. Minecraft also has a great feature that allows different profiles for separate versions of Minecraft or however you may choose to customize it, and exiting out of Minecraft to change profiles and loading back up doesn't even take 30 seconds most of the time. It can be annoying, no doubt, but I don't think this should be considered a major reason as to why players shouldn't be given the amazing ability to create beautiful structures with all the new possibilities newer versions of Minecraft give.
    • I briefly noted here but I explained my argument and how I basically "debunked" the theory that an update like this could cause the playerbase to sizzle out. It's one of my previous posts.
    • I agree with you when you say they shouldn't occasionally fix the mini-games, but do things more often. It's gotten to a point though where the owners are disinterested because of the many past failures, but that in no way shape or form means this update will be a failure.
    • I don't think merging the worlds are possible mainly due to the size, the border is a few million blocks out in just one of the worlds and that's insane as it is.

4. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    A good point was made with the difference between the amount of work with Survival modes and Creative modes. That is a smart perspective, and i can agree with you on that. However, Creative and Survival building are very similar - only that Creative has more accessibility, henceforth the name 'Creative.' A big build takes a long time whatever mode you're playing. Survival, Creative, HC, any mode will take you a long time to build in. I could see Creative standing a bit longer with this point, due to building just being easier, however there is absolutely no guarantee that it won't just fade out just like Survival. However, I've clearly seen that you're opinions are based off of speculation, so what I'm saying here is exactly off of speculation. I could be batshit wrong, but these are just my two cents. Also, I imagine these people don't really think too in depth, because I feel you didn't give them the full information of the question (i.e. the version updating). Speaking of which:

I believe you skipped over the fact that updating the Minecraft version would have a drastic effect. Let's be honest, we're all lazy here, and we're not gonna go through the effort to update the version. It's just common law. A good few maybe would, but I can see a chunk - a possibly HUGE chunk - of the playerbase leaving the IJAH creative modes for something else - simply due to the fact that it supports what they're running on. I haven't even went on 1.13 since it came out. Also, what would happen once we reach 1.14? Would JnH take more time to code up the Creative servers up to date? Say if this 1.14 effects some of the blocks and building, it would literally make Creative unplayable. So I'm still standing on the fact that updating to 1.13 is an idiotic idea. And I'm not gonna say no offence, because I don't think anyone believes anyone when someone says something controversial and then follows it up with 'no offence.' Take offence if you want.

...Of about 10 people, nowadays. The servers playerbase has plummeted a bit, what with people leaving MC and moving to other things. You're thinking about an update which is beneficial to about 20-30 players on a good day. I do believe that - to some degree - spicing up the more popular mini-games could attract more players, but I feel like these updates should be done in bulk. Just spice up the other mini-games while your at it. You grab more players that way. I feel like some elements of this update could be beneficial and bring in... maybe 5-10 players, but I feel like if you're gonna do something like this, do something similar to a few other mini-games. Fuck, even a whole server update. I feel like one big change for one mini-game is a minor change for the other mini-games players.

So you're basing an update off of the features, rather than the effect it has on the players? That's just not smart. If you want an update simply because it makes more of a creative base, as sad as it may be, that's not smart if you want to maintain a playerbase for your mini-games. As I said and still stand by, updating the version - whatever reason - is a silly idea and I do not support it. It literally kills the playerbase. What I'd think you want with this update is a spike in the Creative / overall playerbase, however this would literally kill it. Unless JnH implements some more additions that literally make the mini-game THAT great, of which I could agree. Maybe JnH could even code up their own Creative plugin. I feel like it would be pretty good. Nonetheless, I think jumping from 1.8 to 1.13 is a drastic change and shouldn't be put into place.

"Most Creative players, from what I see everyday of staffing that server in particular, tend to just stay on that server alone." Key words, most Creative players. Most Creative players. Creative players. Yeah, no shit that Creative players play on the Creative server, BECAUSE THEY'RE CREATIVE PLAYERS. And that Creative population is still quite small. So 30~ people would literally be reduced to 10. Maybe lower or the tiniest bit higher. The peak would maybe be around 40-ish. Said Creative players would LEAVE THE JnH CREATIVE BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO UPDATE THEIR VERSION. Good God, man. I'm saying that the Creative population wouldn't update their version and would go play something else. What you're trying to do is spike up the players, but you're literally killing it in the process.

Just to be clear, here are the new blocks that Minecraft added over 1.9-1.13.
    1.9 - Chorus flower, chorus plant, end gateway, end rod, end stone brick, frosted ice, grass paths, the purpur blocks, and the structure block (what does that even do?)

All of those blocks are either ugly, unavailable without setblock commands, or don't work well with the block proportions (except the end stone brick, that one is hot af)

1.10 - Magma blocks, nether wart blocks, red nether brick, and bone blocks. All of those blocks (except red nether brick) are ugly and bad for building.

1.11 - Observers and Shulker Boxes. Both of those are ugly, but the Shulker Boxes are a cool concept.

1.12 - Concrete (which is literally a 1 colour, 1 shade block with little usage), Concrete powder (a literal discolouration of sand), and the Terracotas. The terracotas are actually a sick implementation, but they have to be used at very specific times to work well with a build.

1.13 - Blue ice (because we needed more ice blocks, thanks Mojang!), Conduits (which I don't even think are blocks), Coral / dead coral, coral block / dead coral blocks, coral fans / dead coral fans, Prismarine stairs / slabs, seagrass, sea pickles, stripped wood, and turtle eggs. Most of those 'blocks' don't even fit well with the typical block proportions, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't even work on land.

And I'm not counting the texture additions to the buttons and pressure plates.

So we're updating a whole server so that a few people can use these blocks, which most of them aren't even good building blocks. 2 out of this whole list are actual good building blocks that can be used in many situations. So, good on ya, pal, you're really making a difference.

"Debunked" because the Survival update would be so similar to the Creative update. Also, let's not forget the overall server player count was higher then and now I imagine not many would care.

AND I'm also saying that you should actually hang out with your community.

So why in the fuck do they still own a server? Sell it if you're not interested in what you created. They should've been ready for what they had coming. Sorry, that's on their own faults.

I never implied that it wouldn't, I (like you) am basing my opinions off of pure speculation and theory.

I misinterpreted what you said. I thought you meant to merge all the worlds into a super world. Did you mean to delete all of the current worlds and replace them with this new world?

5. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    Survival died out because the way IJAH ran it became old to many and seeing it still on 1.8 dis-encouraged people to play. 1.8 has been out for a few years and plenty have played it but not many played a newer version of Minecraft survival. Survival died out also because once those bigger factions took over the ftop and with the aspect of buying spawners, it caused that disinterest because to a regular player, they had no chance in hell of making the ftop without having a spawner. This is only one factor, though. My opinions are based off speculation, yes, but they are also estimated guesses. I explained my suggestion so thorough that when I asked people what they think, some don't even/want to read it because of how much I thought through this possible update.

We the players aren't going to be the ones updating the game, IJAH will ultimately do this if they feel just like many others that this could help Creative in the long run. And if you're concerned about their coding abilities in this manner, then know they once spent a month or so coding one very fierce game of FarmKing to get it just right. It can be done, especially with the experience they have in coding things for the server. I don't see any cons as to why 1.13 would be bad for a server that's specifically for building and newer versions of Minecraft offer so many new, fresh possibilities that IJAH hasn't seen since 1.8. They also updated the server before to 1.8, why couldn't it be done now? They did it so long ago and have coded many things since, there is nothing holding them back other than the possible thought that this would "Split up the community" which I have debunked many times already. Risks need to be made and Creative players deserve the recognition. Just because you haven't even went on 1.13 since it came out doesn't mean you have to assume the rest of the playerbase hasn't. If Minecraft reaches 1.14, there wouldn't be a need to rush. I'm supporting and backing this suggestion so much because 5 main updates have passed, not including the mini-updates since Creative has had new blocks and new things introduced. Creative wouldn't be unplayable if we were one update behind instead of 5 updates behind. I don't see how my suggestion is controversial.

I made my suggestion because I think it could help lighten and bring back a sort of life to Creative that has since been drained. On a good day, Creative can reach 40+ players which is much more than other IJAH servers...if you played it once in a while, you might know. Just because the overall playerbase has gone down doesn't mean we should just leave it the way it is until everything is gone, that is literally the most depressing logic I have ever seen. Updates can be done in bulk, for example, I have another suggestion I made to expand FarmKing and implicate a Legacy system and that would work very nicely with this huge Creative update/introduction. 5-10 players are still players, doesn't matter the amount of people..but I myself think this could bring in more in a sense.

I am taking into account the playerbase and the update itself, and the majority of the playerbase has shown me that they would want something new to happen to Creative. If you read all my replies before making mindless accusations, you would know that I have gone to many different Creative servers and seen how they run theirs, asked the Creative community and my friends multiple times about the update and receicing a majority of positive replies, and the Like to dislike ratio of this suggestion is 21:4. You think it's a silly idea based off literally no fact. Did 1.8 Creative kill the playerbase? I seem to be recalling that many players requested for 1.8...and Creative is still alive to this day. Of course I would want a spike in the playerbase, but a spike doesn't automatically mean that the server is going to die in a week like your negative logic suggests. IJAH do NOT need to code their own plugin as Plotsquared works perfectly fine with newer versions of Minecraft and it offers so much more than the outdated and unsupported PlotMe. Also remember, I'm only suggesting for a 1.13 CREATIVE server. 1.13 wouldn't expand to other IJAH servers unless the owners seem fit.

Again, pure negative speculation. No facts whatsoever so I don't feel a need to write an in-depth reply to this part of your response.

WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE??
    I don't get it, you contradicted yourself in this part of your reply! You're saying it's unnecessary because creative players don't want these new blocks and they would leave if the server is updated to 1.13 but this just proves that newer versions of Minecraft offer so much more and many more possibilities. I'm not going to talk about your opinions on the blocks themselves because you just seem to be hating on everything new(er) with Minecraft other than what you're used to.

I'm going to list the similarities between the two.
    Survival:
    • World that hasn't received any major updates in multiple years.
    • Small(er) community than most IJAH servers
    • Playerbase highly suggesting for something new
    • Many suggestions and posts made about new survival and how it is desired within the community
    • Once updated, it held its own for a long while until the numbers settled down to what they were before the initial new Survival world.
    Creative:
    • World that hasn;t received any major updates in multiple years.
    • Larg(er) community than most IJAH servers.
    • Playerbase wants something new (shown by the poll results)
    • Playerbase highly suggesting for something new, also shown by my thread, other threads in the same category, and the mostly positive replies of this thread.
    I'm on the server everyday what do you mean

Not entirely their fault

Negative speculation

6. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    sorry for late response, this topic bored me, but i'm back bitches!

I can agree with this, due to the fact that (agreeably) the Factions / Survival servers are entirely P2W. Creative doesn't have anything of this sort, so I can agree that this point is valid.

So you think that people base their opinions off of pure egotism? Okay. :D

Yeah, no shit. The players don't have access to the codes.

So they could hit grass and right-click plants. Look, I don't know why you're making this point, I never said I doubted the coding ability of JnH.

With a few blocks that have to be used in VERY specific situations. I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying that I personally find it unnessacary to do so. IMO, only a few blocks of the new updates are good. Take another look at the list I provided through all the blocks from 1.9 to the current 1.13. Now, some big ass change could happen in 1.14 which could maybe change my mind, but I'm standing my ground.

Ever since I started debating on this topic, I've hopped on the Creative server for a while almost every day. The only things I see happening are people talking in /fr and not really much happens in the public chat. Now, this is my experience from C1, so I don't know what happens in C2 or C3, but the only recognition I see them getting is... nothing more than some juicy ass memes. Which, let's be honest, everyone deserves them good, quality memes. The only chatting I see is either RP that I happen to stumble across or drama / arguments, of which the staff resolve within a few minutes (shout out to a recently promoted mod whom I'm not gonna name because I don't need to drag them into this argument :DDDDD)

True, I haven't went on 1.13 (to my knowledge and horrible memory), however I've seen many videos on the update vividly going into detail about what the update has brought to the table. To me, it doesn't really look like much more than a pile of shit (building-wise). I can agree with the factor that some talented Creative players could utilize any block and make a pretty sick build out of it, however I think most of the Creative playerbase just likes to fuck around and not really do much. This is just out of my experience, however, I could be totally wrong. Probably am, but don't fucking judge me. I'll call the police. And Jesus.

(sorry, I just needed to lighten this up a little)

Okay, let me go over my theory for... a third time? The playerbase will shoot up. Yay, a sustainable and active playerbase! Woohoo! Then, after a while -- which could be a few weeks, could be a few months -- the playerbase will get used to the new updates and will drain back down to what the current Creative playerbase is now. Once again, we're both basing this off of pure speculation and overall theory, however I feel like this is a likely theory to happen.

Uwu whats this??? FarmKing??? ooh! over 50+ players usually!!! oooh someones happy! OwO dab

Screw off.

No, Everybody was Logic's most depressing album.

No, but seriously, though my logic (not the rapper) may seem depressing, it's sort of true. Think about it, even with brand new mini-games, it dies in like a week. (Basing examples off of UHC, Skywars, Battle Royale, etc.) Now, I get that Creative is a more active mini-game, however I still feel like it would die very quickly; no farther than 3 months. However, I can agree that it shouldn't stay at a low count. I feel like you (or somebody) should think of a way to bring up the playerbase that works for everybody. Updating the whole Creative mini-game to 1.13 wouldn't really help this, it would just make it irritating to change the mode every 5 minutes so you can play other games with friends. I agree that we should merge the Creative worlds / just have a whole reset and limit it down to one, however I feel like we (as in the community) should think of a way to improve the mode so that we can make it a comfortable mini-game while not exiting the game. I have seen your argument that moving modes takes less than a minutes, and after some thinking I can agree with that, however I still feel like it's a pointless update. Just overall: pointless.

That's all I'm saying! Just make a huger update for a lot of the mini-games! I would say that instead of thinking about a semi-decently sized chunk of the server, try thinking about all the 250~ players. I'm not undermining the Creative playerbase, I'm saying that instead of only thinking about the corner of the... PopTart, think about the whole PopTart! You're not just gonna take a bite and call it a day! Especially a corner bite! Fuck the corner bites! You want all the juicy goodness inside of it! Yeah, get 'em!

Damn, I really want a PopTart now.

Look, my point is, think about all of the players, not just a few.

I would imagine these people haven't thought too in depth and just said "*in a Goofy from Mickey Mouse voice* huh-huh! sure ol buddy ol pal! that would be super duper!!"

I read them good, I even double-checked them. Don't call my points mindless accusations if you're points literally fall under the same category as mine, seeing that they're both off of speculation and guess. u idot

...ahem ahem. Look about 3 messages up (counting your replies).

Cool. You want a medal?

YOU SAID YOUR-FUCKING-SELF THAT THIS IS ALL BASED OFF OF SPECULATION, WHICH ISN'T FACT. YOU'RE LITERALLY CONTRADICTING YOUR OWN THINKING.

I can agree with this, however how can we know that the result for this will be the same? We can all admit that the overall JnH player count has dropped, so that's why I feel like only a few people -- likely less than 100 -- would enjoy this new update. I just find it unnessacary.

Negative logic? As in entirely possible? It could stay up for a while longer, but look at UHC, Skywars, Battle Royale, they all died within less than 3 (SkyWars died in about 4) months. Creative wouldn't stay up for much longer if JnH is literally making new mini-games and they die almost instantly. I will say that Creative does have a much better chance at keeping itself up for a while, however I feel like it would still die after a few months. Less than a year, at most.

I never said that JnH would need to code up a plugin. I could say that JnH would make a somewhat good plugin if given time. However, JnH never update their mini-games anyways so throwing in a new plugin would likely be what they would do anyways. :shrug:

Okay, I was actually confused on that, so thank you for clarifying.

Okay, so I don't need to either. But I'm nice, so here's a meme:
    oBAMA_is_gone.gif

BECAUSE FUCK EVERYBODY!

...Bro, I'm saying that these blocks aren't really good for building and are overall unnessacary to implement. I do say that talented builders can make use of these blocks and make some pretty sick situations out of them, but I feel like the majority of Creative wouldn't do that and just keep memeing.

Bitch, you don't knowww me!

Neat. You literally admitted that Survival died after while. Slow clap. Also, why are you so egotistical regarding your own post?

I'm talking about the owners, you poopie.

THEN WHO'S FUCKING FAULT IS IT, SMG? Ezzerlands? Fuck no, he doesn't run the server (well, I mean he kinda does but)! It is their fault! If you disagree, you literally have less IQ than a fetus.

Your mum gay

7. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I'm unable to post an in-depth reply due to no access with my laptop at the moment, but I still see that you are making an update of this sorts sound like the worst thing in the world. I just don't get it.

Also discourages me that you fail to try to see things from my POV like I have for you. My points are based off speculation, educated speculation. Yours are based off random negative points that most likely may not happen because you think that updating a dieing server will kill it.

One thing I'd like to note is that if you did infact look over my thread and replies multiple times, you would indeed know that I already debunked the thought that Creative would eventually die like Survival.

Cheez likes this.
  8. 8da

8da a'ight Donator

Minecraft:
    8da
    I 100% agree with this (I haven't read any of the follow up messages since there is too much to read) But I do agree that there needs to be just one singular creative server, since this would help bring the community abit closer, and increase numbers within creative, instead of it being spread out over 3 different worlds. However, this new "Creative world" should in my opinion be in version 1.13, so it also includes all the cool features after 1.8, however other mini games should stay in 1.8, because 1.8 PVP is just superior, but since PVP isn't required in creative,1.13 is perfect.

Smg likes this.
  9. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    When did I say this? I'm implying my thoughts. I even encouraged an update, just not with the version change. Good God, you need to learn how to read.

Wrong. My points are based of past experiences with other games and updates. Your points are based off of your own self-love. Listen, my points are based off of speculation just like yours. Though my thoughts could be seen as negative, I'm just stating how I would think this update would go. We're all just guessing here. And no, I'm not saying that updating a dying* server will kill it. Now you're just exaggerating.

Okay, so let's see what you said there. Just so I can reassure you that I did read what you said, because you're so sure I'm an idiot who hasn't researched.

A few things:
    • You said that the playerbase left because of the no updates. Very few have still stayed, waiting for this update. You think that sub-50 people will come back to JnH just to see something that other servers have already done? That's like a restaurant (which we'll just call One) not updating their menu, people go to a new restaurant (whuch we'll call Two), One updates their menu to something Two has already done. What would you do? Keep going to Two, because that was the original thing. Most people I know would do this. Invalid point.
    • You literally admitted that Survival died after a while, which you constantly compare to Creative. Following this logic, Creative's just gonna die like Survival. You're literally contradicting yourself. Great job.
    • I acknowledged that you think that Survival gets boring after a while, due to it being entirely manual. Creative isn't? True, Creative is faster, however it also gets boring after a while. Pretty similar to Survival in it's factor. Not really much of a difference.
    Just wanted to say that. Hit me with the more detailed reply when you have a chance. Much love

10. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I dont see any sort of sufficient way to give Creative an update that doesn't include a version update.

Why do you still try to make this out to be such a bad thing? It is giving the community what they want, new things to do with 1.13 and plotsquared, plus a whole new world that offers many possibilities. I know some updates to this server have not done the best for the entirety of this place but Creative is different and you just dont see it really. There's always the possibility of an update backfiring but ultimately those risks need to be taken if we ever want to advance. Assuming that new things will backfire almost always is negativity.

11. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    Well than orange justice me up daddy no update for creative uwu owo

Why are you making me the bad guy? You're acting like I despise the idea. I do not, in fact I can support some aspects of it. I just feel like a whole version update is unnessacary.

You're not even debating anything with this post. You're literally just acting like I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been around. I've seen these things.

You're genuinely getting me angry. You don't read the fucking posts. I'm not implying that it will ALWAYS backfire. I'm saying that it might and has a very likely chance of doing so. Some new things backfire, some new things don't. Here, I'll put it like this. I acknowledge your points and I even agree with some of the points in the update, however here's my stance. That's it, okay? Nothing more, nothing less.

12. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I'll compromise with you since you hate the idea of a version update; what should be done with Creative from your point of view that has the most potential to not destroy the server and actually make the community happy? Don't reply with "nothing" because you've proven to me that you do infact think some parts of it need updates. I also don't think you've talked about your stance on plotsquared, another big part of my suggestion, which I would like your input on. I want your idea about an update since mine about 1.13 so apparently has a high chance of splitting the community.

And my replies were so bland because I was writing on a phone about the basic idea of what I got from your posts. I should be able to get more in-depth now that I have access to my computer.

13. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    I'm gonna say this before anything: I have NEVER experienced PlotSquared. I could change my mind if I was shown an example of PlotSquared. I forgot to mention that, and that probably is why I could disagree with this situation. I also don't hate the idea of a version update, I find it unnessacary and formerly bad. But I did change my mind on that because it really doesn't take long to change the version. However, I still find it unnessacary.

Anyways, I feel like we should merge the worlds. By merge, I mean limit the world count to 1. Or we could just have a whole Creative reset, but that wouldn't really do much admittedly. However, I have not come up with a full plan for the Creative server update-wise. Barely thinking about it TBH. However, I feel like -- starting 2019 maybe -- JnH go on a complete active spree. They focus on the server more. Events should be held, the owners / admins / whoever runs the staff team should encourage activity (say, a new rule that you have to be on atleast once every 2 days unless given a reason by the staff), THIS is what would revive the server. Look, I have specified that we shouldn't just make a huge update to one mini-game. How about a whole server update? Fuck, you could call it a revamp! Active staff who are willing to come at anyones aide, fun events which could be held every so often, promotion for the server overall!

However, I would want to include Creative in this whole sha-bang, so I feel like we should do this for Creative:
    • JnH can code up a brand new plugin for Creative. This can include more creativity and control of your plot. A feature could even be added for bigger plots (which you would buy, and said plots would be stationed at the farther ends of the map)
    • Building events for Creative could be held. Maybe the Owners can even gather a small team to run these events. Themes and what not could be placed as well.
    • Active staff would make the Creative planet a safer place for everyone.
    Now, admittedly, I haven't thought much about how we could change the server, however I have thought up these arguments and I feel like they would work well with an update. Once again, I'm regarding the whole server. Many other games would be updated as well. Events for said mini games would keep the games active. Orange justice. Jerry and Harry are literally memeing themselves for being a dead server, and they're not really doing much about it. I'm thinking of ways to spike up the whole server. These are my thoughts. However, I can also regard that the playerbase would plummet every so often because not everyone would show up for these events. I can safely say that everything I've regarded you on can be applied to my thoughts. However, I think this is a good way to keep it up longer.

How I interpret your thinking is one big update and not much else. IMO, that's lazy. If the Owners want a thriving, active server, put in the effort to do so. If you can't handle it, give the server to somebody else. Put it up for sale. I can get that this could be a harder concept for them because they're busy making fart jokes and playing games that aren't even on their server, however, as I clarified, they could arrange a team to host these events.

I'm obviously skipping a few ideas, however I'm not gonna think too in-depth into this. I'm definitely making my own thread sometime in the future, but here's my thought for now.

14. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    Now, I agree with you on saying that there should be multiple updates alongside a Creative one. My thread oc was just focusing on Creative but it would be splended if this wasn't a sole update in its own. I like your thoughts for the most part on that. Other notes, JAH don't need need to make a new plugin cause Plotsquared has everything you need, I can't explain it all but it's plotme with so...so many more options. Fully supported, and brings a much newer freshness to the server.

Building events can occur but it does require attention, all up to the owners if they wish to give it to them. My initial suggestion included that with a new world introduction, a new spawn plot competition would be held. Staff can also only be as active as they can, example regarding myself...I'm not going to get on as much as I used to once the school year starts but it varies for everyone.

One argument I never got to try to make a reply on due to time constraints and a lack of a keyboard is that the owners do care for the server but it has gotten to the point where they don't want or feel the need to update it any further due to past updates failing. My initial mindset with the new version update and new world is that the community wants it, suggestions like mine have been made, and this one would share many familiaritys to the survival reset one year ago that brought life back to Survival. Once more, the only difference between the two servers are Survival was never that specific place for people to hang, Creative is. Hence why I think the outcome of having the reset being in effect for a full year will be much better for Creative rather than Survival.

And I apologize if I came off as harsh or harming. I just have failed and still can't see a Creative update that lacks a new version update. 5 updates since 1.8, each one even individually bring so many new possibilities, not just block wise. Plotsquared + new version in my book equates to instant attractiveness.

15. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    Nonetheless, I agree that a new plugin could be issued, but it would stay with the 1.8 mode.

I just feel like frequent / semi-frequent competitions could be issued. This would make the community want to stay around to participate in these build comps.

Just because an update could fail doesn't mean it shouldn't come to fruition. JnH should still update the servers and fix up the little mistakes. It just makes everything a lot more balanced. If they don't feel the need to, they don't need a server.

I'm saying that this would happen temporarily. Creative would eventually die.

Apologies if I did as well. However, I still feel like a whole version change is unnessacary / unneeded.

16. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs How do I escape the labyrinth we call life? Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    no way in hell I'm reading all that

17. Valleyside

Minecraft:
    tearoceans
    Don't look! That's for SMG!

No, but before you make a decision, just read atleast one of them

18. RulerofMobs