LabyMod's 1.7 animations should be allowed

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Polseh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Polseh

Polseh Make j&h great again Donator

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    I know, badlion client's 1.7 animations are allowed. But some of Turks like me, angreh and egeman can't launch 1.8.9, We don't know what is wrong and it's something I've never seen before. Problem is, we are lauching it and it seems working, even I can see its working on my screen. But I can't switch to Minecraft. first time when I got that error I thought only I get that error. but I saw my friends got that error too. LabyMod's animations should be allowed as Badlion Client

EgeMaNN likes this.
  2. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    If it gets disabled by the server, it's most likely because those specific animation mods provide an actual advantage/disadvantage.
    1.7 animations is allowed, as long as it's for aesthetic reasons only, so I suggest trying a different mod.

3. Polseh

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    Can you tell me other clients that I can use?

4. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    I actually got banned by @YFIOTR (because he's a loser) for using LabyMod animations. I can agree that it does make a large advantage because block-hitting reduces the damage rather than regular hitting. Mods which give an advantage are forbidden on this server, and LabyMod's 1.7 animations fall directly under this category. So I agree that it shouldn't be allowed.

5. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    I'd assume any would work, for example orange's 1.7 animations mod works fine.
    I used forge/labymod + my other mods, just search for a mod and find one that works I suppose.

6. Polseh

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    Then why is Badlion Client allowed ? What’s difference between these clients?
    If badlion client is allowed then labymod should be allowed aswell

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I use labymod 1.7 animations just fine. What are you having trouble with?

The only one that doesn't work is blockhitting, which was the sole reason 1.7 animations were (previously) bannable. This *should* be disabled for all clients. If it's not, that suggests to me that we should actually re-ban 1.7 animations.

The whole point of 1.7 animations is to have the *appearance* of the animations. Not to alter gameplay back to 1.7 where you can spam block hits.

8. Polseh

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    Yeah thats what Im saying. I saw my friend was block hitting with 1.7 animation in his video. And then We asked a staff about this and he said thats allowed anymore. All pvp players want 1.7 animations only for block hitting. Not for the other stuff.

9. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    And you're saying this is possible with Badlion Client?

I'm asking because before we made this revision, I tested with 5 different 1.7 animation mods and blockhitting functioning as 1.8 clients do, but Badlion client was not one of these tested mods.

10. Polseh

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    If I send you the link of my friends video, will you ban him lol?

11. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    No, but I will investigate the client and block-hit methods.

12. Polseh

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
  13. Aussi

Aussi Donator

Minecraft:
    Aussi
    why is this decided by people who dont even pvp

Timyus likes this.
  14. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Just tested this. Badlion client does not revert the gameplay mechanics for blockhitting and is fine.

What you are seeing is the effect of what happens when you mash both right-click and left-click at same time on a 1.8 client. This is allowed and functions the same in Labymod.

Basically, when you block, the block animation plays and your attack is actually prevented for a couple ticks while blocking. You can move from this into attacking by spamming attacks after blocking.

Proof:
    https://gyazo.com/5da73429373027ba54668e394729b303

15. Amore

Amore Lil dyl Donator

Minecraft:
    OG TRACTS
    You just have to know how to use it lul never got banned when I had 1.7 animations XD