KitPvP Fourth Map Suggestions

Discussion in 'KitPVP' started by Glowside, Oct 21, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do You Agree With These?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2017.
  1. Yes, All of Them.

53.3%
  2. Yes, Some of Them.

33.3%
  3. No, None of Them.

13.3%
  1. Glowside

Glowside Donator

Minecraft:
    Glowside
    Hey, in this thread I'm going to list the features/additions/revamps that I want in the fourth map of KitPvP.

Features I Want Added in Map 4
    1. The Original Map, With Revamps.
    I want back the original map from Map 1, with revamps such as redone player shops/enchant tables, bigger spawn, and possibly a drop in from the sky instead of flat down to reduce lag from the players below (As seen in Map #2).

2. Bring Back Gapple (Golden Apple [Ench] ) PvP.
    I think this is something many people want, because in the current map (Map #3) they brought in PotPvP, but the twist was the also added strength, poison and fire resistance potions. And In map 2 seeing how they removed protection 4, it doesn't mix well. Protection 4 was an essential part of first map, keeping the diamonds alive which they worked hard to get, and had to get better at PvP to fend off other attackers. So I just don't see how bringing strength into Pot PvP was a good idea. And that leads me into my next topic, protection 4.

3. Bring Back Prot. 4
    As stated in the previous topic, I would like to bring protection four back, (And from topic 1, to bring back the old map to give the nostalgic feel of things). It was essential to PvP back then, and you had to work for it. You had to keep enchanting until you got the right enchant, and even if you did, it wasn't 100% going to have unbreaking 3 to come with it. This just makes it something more to work towards, and makes it more fun for the people who try to play competitively.

4. Don't Remove Anything Else!
    For the love of God, please don't remove any other features essential to PvP on this server. This is a place where we all can relax, have fun and talk to friends where they desire to play. And if we want to PvP, we don't want to get quick dropped in Prot 2 with crapples, that is if you remove God apples and Prot 3 completely.

5. Have A 'Prime' Experience.
    If anyone reading this thread plays CS:GO, they should know what prime matchmaking is. I personally think you should add a warzone for people with a rank, (Donator +) or have a prime feature available to purchase in the Server Store (Sellout link just for you Harry :wink::harry: ). This Prime feature warzone should be to rid some cheaters, or just have fun with your friends in a warzone privately to just have fun.

6. Keep Bow Boosting (Punch 2)
    In Haruld's thread, he said that most people would like bow boosting removed because it took away the purpose of enderpearl cooldown. Now I do see the frustration in this, but once agian, a good boost bow is something you need to work towards. Because in my experience in Map 3, I have had few Punch 2 enchantments that I've enchanted myself. So this is something I think you should keep in KitPvP.

These are mostly everything I want to see in map four, besides other small details. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

~Glowside

Aussi, Ryva, ZeusV and 2 others like this.
  2. Timyus

Timyus The KitPvP Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    If Punch2 is removed

R.I.P. Map 4

3. Medievalman11

Medievalman11 Donator

Minecraft:
    Icefrees
    Any suggestions on the kits? Do you guys like the new ones? Bring back the old ones or completely new kits. Great idea anyway.

4. Glowside

Glowside Donator

Minecraft:
    Glowside
    I personally thing they need to modify current kits for next map, because some people (like myself) have spent money on these kits and it'd be unfair to just remove them.

5. Medievalman11

Medievalman11 Donator

Minecraft:
    Icefrees
    True, like myself i have spent money on kits. I think they are well balanced but would prefer some replacements and more variety. Thanks for you're response.

6. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Why would we bring back god apple pvp? Please list out all the pro's and cons you can think of to this.

My own suggestion to map 4:
    Less foliage. Stop with all the moving water and drastically reduce the number of leaves, flowers, wheat and so on.

7. Timyus

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    I agree, the grass and stuff just cause lag.

8. Glowside

Glowside Donator

Minecraft:
    Glowside
    I would bring back Gapple PVP so we have longer fights, better economy, and more fun instead of being quickdropped and only short adrenaline rushes, unlike in map 2. The cons would be all new players that joined in map 3 wouldn't be as good at it, but the OGs would have a good time.

9. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    So your pro for gapple list is:
    • Longer fights
    • Old players have fun

And your con list is:
    • newer players that joined in map 3 would not be as good
    Is this it? In what way does gapples provide better economy? How does gapple pvp encourage new players to join? In what way does this balance pvp? Come on, give me something to work with :p

10. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    1. ZzZzZzZ
    2. How would this benefit everyone?
    3. Nope
    5. Definitely Not.
    You seriously need to sell your idea and make it work for all players, not just the 'older players'.

11. aarctic

aarctic

I mean personally, I feel GapplePvP is suitable for this server. I enjoy playing on many practice pot pvp servers, I find it quite enjoyable. However, after quite a bit of experience with pot pvp, I've realized that one of the most important things is pot registry. The problem is that if your pots aren't landing properly, or in time, then you're bound to be put in a difficult situation when using them, usually focusing on trying to pot yourself instead of getting right back into the fight. This is a problem that JandH seems to have. The pots aren't optimized well enough for pvp, that it causes the fights to be extremely short, and decreases the likeliness of someone dropping into the war zone with full diamond and an inventory of pots. Lots of arguments are made that keeping pots vanilla is better for newer players and such. But at the same time, it greatly affects the pvp experience.

Second, Gapple PvP is a lot easier for newer players. Potting in potpvp is something i've seen many people struggle with, especially in this server. Simply eating a gapple and going back into the fight is far more simplistic and allows some less skilled players to focus on the pvp, and avoid the reckless spamming of pots, leading to their death.

I mean the other solution would be optimizing pot reg, but in that case it's really the opinion of the majority of players and convenience for staff in its implementation.

P.S. Also I do enjoy pot pvp, I play it all the time. Also new to forums c: Informing me on anything that I've missed or am incorrect about is appreciated.

its_glowside1 and ZeusV like this.
  12. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    While this is totally true, the implementation is incredibly problematic. On a kitpvp server like this where storage of equipment and preparation is important, new players more typically quit because they die the second they come out of spawn to now invincible players. There is no realistic break-in. With pot, everyone has a chance at death no matter what you've stocked and as a result we've seen a regularly higher population of players on the kitpvp server. Yes, people still come in and die quickly but they are more regularly getting kills. The burnout effect of constantly dying is diminished when you feel you have a chance.

If we're to consider going back to gapple, I'd personally be interested in how after 1 day this will be addressed.

Fixing pot registration is also a suggestion we could approach. Which one do you think is the better long-term solution?

t3mptr3s and tence3000 like this.
  13. Timyus

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. aarctic

aarctic

In my opinion increasing the pot registration, as well as somewhat improving hit detection can be a huge improvement to the server. However, that's my opinion, I personally like potpvp more because of how wide of a skill gap it creates.

However, the issue that you addressed with GapplePvP was that invincibility from the gapple decreases the likeliness of newer players enjoying the server. While this is definitely true, there are possible solutions to the issue. One that I like a lot is a gapple cooldown. That way you aren't relying solely on the gapple at all times during the fight. Then regular golden apples would have a strong use as well. Other solutions could be strength possibly being more obtainable, that way players with fewer items can still take down a player who has much more.

Although I would love pot registration to be the way to go. It may be a more difficult path, and its outcome could be mixed, as many of the players on JandH struggle to reason with potpvp. GapplePvP attracted a lot of players to kit normally cause of its simplicity, which many players value. If implemented correctly, in a way that it would be remotely balanced, Gapple could make a huge difference for both old and new players.

Do you also have any ideas on possible ways Gapples can be implemented but balanced? As well as why Gapple might not be suitable for JandH?
    Criticism is appreciated :D

15. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Currently, my interest is in drawing feedback from the player base. Anyone have anything to add?

16. Timyus

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    Suggestion: the reset should be before February of 2018

17. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Just out of interest, why specifically before February 2018?

TwageTomato likes this.
  18. Timyus

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    Because i’m chillin’ if it ain’t in 2017 and it better be in January

19. Haruld

Haruld Prodigal Son Donator

Minecraft:
    Haruld
    Just better pvp in general (hit detection, better potting, god apple cool down if there is god apples brought next map), better map styles for pvp (like none of those things we had in the previous maps like an abundance of grass, trees, wheat etc. - maps that are meant for pvp purposes and not basically a typical minigame.) Same thing goes with duel arenas, no grass, water, trees etc. Also more duels modes and team fights would be lit for dueling.

Aussi and tence3000 like this.
  20. Timyus

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    gapple cool down should not be a thing in my opinion