Kit PvP System Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DiviXion, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:10 PM.

1. DiviXion

DiviXion 澳大利亚最好的 Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Hey boys and girls, I have one hell of a suggestion to propose about Kit PvP, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of you guys hate it and/or have seen it, but I'd like for you people to still tune in.

I personally think that Kit PvP's current system is an absolute joke. Why? Diamond and the enchantments are way too broken. My suggestion is not to remove Diamond and enchantments but to make separate Kit PvP maps to host different types of Kit PvP.

For example, one map should have the current Kit PvP system, except without Diamond. This will make it a whole lot fairer for everyone because right now, once you get Diamond and enchant all of it, you're pretty much not dying to a couple of Iron players.
    "But...but...but everyone can get Diamond DiviXion so it's fair!!!"
    Good point, but that's not the case. Now I've only been here for this map but I'm assuming what happens is that everything gets reset after a new map, or at least items do. If it does, not as bad. If it doesn't, then really bad. Look at it this way, someone new joins and they only have access to Iron and the such. We have 3 Diamond players on a rampage slaughtering every single one of them. How fucking hard would it be to grind up those Emeralds? Yeah, it's a hell of a job. Before even being able to get a full set of Diamond, I'm fairly certain those guys will give up and not come back. Now, when you're the Diamond player, you should be racking up hundreds of kills in one life. This means you can get another full set if you ever die. It's a shit show.

My other suggestion is Diamond only Kit PvP. This is going to be separate and will have Diamond Kits only and the only thing you can upgrade will be enchantments. On top of that, these enchantments should be limited so no Protection IV and Sharpness V, etc. This will make it more balanced and will stop half decent players with godlike gear dominating everyone just because there is such a huge gap in armour, etc.

It's past midnight so if there's anything I'm missing, I'd like to hear it and as always, constructive criticism is always welcome and I'll try address it appropriately. Thanks lads.

2. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Thank you for making a well thought out post. Those are far and few lately. As much as I like most of this idea my one question is, how will this draw more players into kit?

tence3000 likes this.
  3. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    People beleive the system is pay to win even though it's really not. Many of the iron players rage quit when diamonds farm them making a separate kitpvp could allow those who just want to pvp 100% fair can do so.

DiviXion likes this.
  4. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I give people free diamond gear. Rage quitters are the ones that are usually drawn to kit.

5. DiviXion

DiviXion 澳大利亚最好的 Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    The Kit PvP playerbase is already decent. There is no real way to attract more players to playing this game mode but this suggestion is to keep the current playerbase. I know we all want more and more but sometimes, it's better to make a way to keep first and then expand later.
    It's good that you do that but think about the times you're not online or the amount of people that won't even get a chance to have Diamond gear just because you don't have enough for everyone. It's just that the system gets very unfair the longer the map lasts. I know personally when I see a full Diamond with enchanted gear, I just leave. There is no point trying to fight someone who will 3 shot you while it takes over 10 shots to kill them.

6. Thwiyte

Thwiyte OG Premium Donator

Minecraft:
    B14CKBEAR
    Well I managed to grind lol. So did most of the server. You have to realize everyone started like this. Well when the first person got a god set.. so if you were not the firest person to get diamond gear on the server you deal with this.

@DiviXion This was the third map of kit pvp and by far the least popular, map 1 was much worse than the situation now. Diamonds had max god sets, Protection 4 sharp 5 etc.. God gaps.. and iron armour was a lot more rare as leather armor was the standard armour, bUT it was still fun and much more popular. Some of these ideas are good but the truth is (as temp said) how would this affect kit. Gear has already been nerfed to protection 3 and sharp 4. And God gaps are hard to get and it made many people quit. I don't think this would affect kit very well.

And if players can't handle a little competition They shouldn't be playing a slightly competitive game. It's not happy fun time with friends it's kit PVP. You're supposed to fight :P

And what you said about the player base being decent.. it's really not. There is literally like 20% of what kit used to be. A few hundred players daily to under 80.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 5:54 PM
  7. tacosinmytummy

tacosinmytummy Donator

Minecraft:
    [GOD] 8s1
    I dont like kitpvp. Everybody is rude. Everybody brags to they're friends about it. It's unfair. It's not even known. It's pay to win. It's like Club Penguin's Membership. It's toxic. It's kids saying "ez ez L L". It's tryhards, It's innocent kids who everybody hates for no reason working like 2 weeks on a dia set, and some pots, and then as soon as they wanna grind and get some kills, some turk comes to them and murders them with a str and sh5 axe.

8. TwageTomato

TwageTomato [Helper] | Coder | 4.5yr Vet | Experienced Builder Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Hate to break it to you, but that's the nature of competition in real life too.