iOS 12

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Stolas, May 29, 2018.

1. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    ios12theoffical.png
    iOS 12
    iOS 12 is set to be announced at the WWDC18 event which is free to watch across all platforms, unlike last year where you could watch WWDC17 on Safari, you can now watch it on all search engines that support HTML5 video.

WWDC18 is on June 4th at 10:00AM Pacific Time.

iOS 12 is codenamed "Peace" internally.

What to expect
    It's important to point out that most of the updates will surround the firmware aspect, and not as much as the design. As more and more devices begin to experience hardware issues with iOS firmwares (especially iOS 9-11).

When we can expect to see a release
    iOS 12 is set to be announced at the WWDC18 event, and is likely to see a Developer Beta the day of. Public betas are predicted to be about 20-25 days after iOS 12 will be announced. This is likely to be on June 24th-29th. We're likely to see an official release of iOS 12.0 in August or in September.

What updates are confirmed?

• iBooks (iOS11) will now be changed to Books or Apple Books as to officially compete with Amazons portable book industry.
    • Multiple performance and bug issues to be addressed this update.
    • Over 150 new Emojis (can be previewed here: )
    • Siri enhancements.
    • 2019 A massive FaceTime update is likely to happen.
    iOS 12 and macOS 10.14 are set to be very similar and will finally start to share perks.

2. Yellow_Pants

Yellow_Pants Casual gamer Donator

Minecraft:
    Yellow_Pants
    Here's my opinion on each of the updates that are apparently confirmed:

• I don't know how Apple will hold up as a competitor to Amazon, just hoping they do it right for their own devices (even though they do have a Books store).
    • Hope that's true, some weird bugs have been hitting on me recently. Had to restart a frozen iPad at one point.
    • Don't care ever since The Emoji Movie came into existence.
    • Fine, even though I don't personally use Siri that much.
    • It's just Skype for Apple, mate. lol

On your last note, I hope that's not true. A lot of people outside and inside Apple don't want this to happen.

Small nitpick, but I found nothing about a 2019 FaceTime update. Since you put it under "Updates Confirmed", I just thought this was important enough to point out.

Stolas likes this.
  3. Jclaire

Jclaire

First of all, on iOS 12 applications will run 40% faster than the previous iteration, regardless of the device. This means that even the iPhone 5s, which many had time to bury, will please their owners with improved performance. I hope it's true... but my friend, who is studying programming at college and runs personal blog, thinks it's probably just a rumor, As for me, I have iPhone 7 and 11.1.2 iOS on it, I almost afraid to update it, because I know that Apple slows down previous models after appearing new ones. If you want, you can even find an essay about it.
    Also, for more convenience, Apple released a new application for Shortcuts. With it, you can set up a series of actions in different applications and perform them with one touch or a simple voice command, so everything will become even easier. And developers can easily use this new feature, using the application's API, which is in the public domain.