Inactivity.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by KaiserVenom, Jul 7, 2016.

?

Was I able to awnser a few questions with this post?

1. Yes.

83.3%
  2. No.

16.7%
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    No, this is not a leaving thread.
    This is my speculation on why people leave.
    So for those of you who are able to listen to me theorizing, please continue.

Hello forum, I am back at it again with the long threads.
    Pardon me if I say something that isn't fact, because I am typing this off the top of my head, based on the thoughts I can remember from yesterday when I thought of making this.
    I am going to just hop right into it, because it does not need an introduction, so let's start off with the question:
    Why do people leave the forums, or go inactive?
    I am pretty certain that all of us who have been here for a while have asked this question at least once, and if you have not, you probably are now, so let me speculate on why people do leave. Keep in mind this is my POV on this whole thing, and people are probably going to give their own in replies to this thread.

The first, is probably the most obvious, people lose interest.
    This will come to all of us when you all do something a lot, the mind starts to lose interest from the repetition of the same thing, just taking different forms. At least I think.
    In fact, in the past people have of course lost interest here, and either left permanently, or temporarily, depending on what they had here, which is understandable.
    It is sad to see people go, or go inactive, but it is enevitable considering we all grow up at some point, or simply stop caring.
    My personal experience with this, bear with me.
    I myself have a lot of friends here, 6 off the top of my head, and that is what keeps me here in the first place, but personally I have been losing interest quite a bit in the last few weeks, which they probably noticed, but I still trying to go strong because I have done everything in my power to be there for them. So with that said, let's move on.

Scratch that, the main reason why people leave, is getting banned. No further explaination needed really.

Okay, seriously, another reason I think people leave is mainly because of a huge circle jerk of other people leaving, most notably ones they are close to.

This is probably worst case scenario for a lot of people, expecially those of us who have been here for literally years, seeing one of our friends leave is nothing short of heartbreaking, no matter who we are here.
    You see, that in itself encourages people to leave just because someone else did, and sadly I was one of them two years ago in the glory days of our server we love.
    I must say, it is great being back, but I am mainly saying all of these things off of experience.
    Friends will miss friends, as you could expect, so either following them and leaving off of either sadness or drama is garunteed in some situations, and I can say for certain that this has happened in the past. (because I was there when it happened) Good news is, that some people do not leave forever, but instead take breaks from here, which is okay considering being in here 24/7 can be a bit overwhelming at certain points. But that is really it for the good news here.

Point is, people will sometimes leave when others do, and even if what I said above was just be rambling, which I apologize for if I did, but let me make this clear:
    All of us here, no matter if we have one friend or many, will see one of them leave at some point in the future, and that will inspire you to leave as well, and when that happens, I encourage you to move on when it does, because we will never forget you if you do decide to leave. I also encourage you to keep in contact with them also, if possible, because that is the obvious thing to do.

I am sorry if three reasons was too short of a list for you guys, but I am speaking off what I have experienced in the past, and I don't just want to make up stuff for the sake of getting more 'attention'.
    Thanks to all of you, because I am done typing for now,
    ~Venom.

meemo, safoya299, SmashCloud and 5 others like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I remember back in May or so I took a break from the server and the forum. I checked the forum every once in a while, but I didn't really post or anything, and that really helped me, because being on here 24/7 wasn't really helping my mental health. :P

Dude, imo, it's fine if you go inactive for a bit. I'm fine, it's just I like to know when peeps go inactive, so I don't randomly message them or something expecting a response xD, or something like that. :)

But yeah, if peeps want to leave because a friend of theirs left, it's completely fine with me. I'd just like a word of notification if they're a close friend of mine, such and such :P

KaiserVenom likes this.
  3. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I don't know if it's just me, but I have tried leaving so many times and it has never worked. If you look at the posts on my older accounts, a lot of them are leaving statuses/threads. I take like a 1 day break and then I'm like, nah.

It does make me really sad when my friends leave. It's just less and less people to spend time with and I do get bored-er and bored-er.

katlynn and Smg like this.
  4. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    This wasent suppost to describe your experience, as well as others perfectly, most of the time people don't come back, and I wanted to at least be able to relate to others with this thread.
    But yeah, I left for an entire year at one point, I never intended to go back, but I remembered that I may of still had friends here.