Important note to the staff members, regarding the use of the terms ''n*gga'' and ''n*gger''

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aran, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iRachel

iRachel Donator Donator

Minecraft:
    iRachel
    Fuck this shit. I'm literally laughing my ass off with the amount of racism there is now. It doesn't matter if it's used as a "friendly" word. When people use the word "faggot" and "dyke" I take offense to that even if it's in a "friendly" way. These words still have meanings and they're not good ones. It doesn't matter if someone black says this word. It just means that they don't have self-respect for themselves or for their ancestors who were literally in whips and chains for years. This shit is really messed up. It's okay if you do it in your private chats, that's you being racist and ignorant. But, when you do it in a public chat filled with young children you're teaching them that it's okay to say this word. This word that they probably don't even know the past to. Learn some fucking respect.

lizza likes this.
  2. Left4Lag

Left4Lag Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Left4Lag
    I don't believe either words should be allowed in chat, period. If you want to be rude and "joke" with your friends, that's why we have the friend chat, PMs, faction chats, etc. Public chat is a different story as we have children who play on this server, and by allowing these words we're basically teaching/encouraging the use of these words when, no matter if you're using it as a "joke" it's still an offensive term.

And for the record, I have the same feeling for the word "faggot", etc.

lizza, tence3000, Aran and 2 others like this.
  3. Joeyy

Joeyy Notoriously a Virgin Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Personally, this rule is 50/50

I think this should only be enforced if it's meant in a derogatory way, which is pretty easy to tell nowadays, especially how it's used by some people.

Yeah but haven't you taken offense to almost every single thread with controversial debates this year lol?

4. Aran

Aran Donator

Guys, please don't start a flame war on here. Just talk in PM about what you're talking about on here. This thread was posted just to discuss an important matter all together, and not to go off-topic and talk about things that are not relevant to the subject of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
    lizza likes this.
  5. Joeyy

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Where did the "He supports racism" argument come from lol, because I don't share the 100% right OPINION with you. No, I don't agree with someone calling someone else a n*gga or a n*gger in a derogatory way, but complimenting someone for example "My n*gga" is fine.

The term is 100% racist, I agree. Anyone who would call someone that is a bad person in my eyes, and in most people's eyes (yet America still elected someone like that for the white house).

Not trying to start any type of flame war here, but the racist accusation is very judgemental.

6. Loocy

Loocy ❣ Lυcy Donator

Minecraft:
    Loocy
    how are you gonna say it's 100 percent racist but that it's also fine? you confuse me boy.

Slevin likes this.
  7. iRachel

iRachel Donator Donator

Minecraft:
    iRachel
    How is saying, "My n*igga" a compliment though? Where's the compliment? If children see this they'll repeat it and think it's something that is okay to say, when it's not. This is why you're racist. You're not necessarily hating on black people but you're showing that it's okay to say offensive things like this. Years ago a white slave owner would literally repeat that same exact sentence. What makes you any different? Because times have changed? Because black people aren't as oppressed as they used to be? Because your friends and the people around you use it too? Educate yourself.

8. Joeyy

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Oh boy.

If I listen to Ed Sheeran - Shape of you, does that make me sexist because the song compliments a woman's body, and not her personality, therefore I'm stereotyping?

You also seem to come across that I use the terms myself. I don't, and for the third time, I don't agree with the derogatory use.

I don't think you seem to understand.

9. Loocy

Loocy ❣ Lυcy Donator

Minecraft:
    Loocy
    so what if it's not being used in a derogatory way? it should still not be accepted. at first i was one of the people that were okay with it because i'm surrounded by a community that uses it as a substitute for bro and dude and call eachother by that term. however, there are some people who are verbally abused and there are very ignorant people around the world that use it in a derogatory way. for some people mc is a place for them to escape that. they'd be coming back to it if they still saw it even on mc.

10. Joeyy

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Do you think I haven't addressed this?

I appreciate your thinking outside of the box, it's a good way to view things, but how you speak of this community you're surrounded by who substitute the word for bro and dude is the way I tried to approach things, but instead I'm branded a racist because you can't see through that.

Also, there's no point trying to fight the use of the word without a profanity filter, which I don't see many people agreeing with. There are some extremely ignorant people on the internet, no lie there either, but it's the internet. People usually say what they want, and the case nowadays is that they say it just to piss people off.

If you can't stand things like this that you're very likely to encounter on the internet, I don't think it's the right place for you.

11. Slevin

Slevin Donator

Minecraft:
    Slevin
    LOL. It shouldn't have to be clarified. It's an offensive word and any other variation is deemed offensive. It shouldn't be allowed to be said, no matter the context.

You guys can use any other word that isn't offensive to call your friends something. (Mate, dude, sis, homie, etc). But no, yous choose to use a word that's so offensive that you're just looking for trouble. There's no need to use a word like that at all.

There should be no argument and discussion about it for fucks sake. It's an offensive word, end of story. It should be insta-warned. I'm not saying you guys are promoting racism. But you're certainly being way too lenient on it, if that's the rule.

lizza, Left4Lag, MC_Scout and 3 others like this.
  12. Loocy

Loocy ❣ Lυcy Donator

Minecraft:
    Loocy
    i don't agree with you. i don't believe that it's wrong to call your friends by that word if it's not in a derogatory way. it's not about whether the word is racist or not, it's where and how you're using it in my opinion.

13. Aran

Aran Donator

So true. Mad props to you for stating that, man!

14. Joeyy

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Used to be an insta-warn my guy

Still think it should be in my opinion,

Enough said.

lizza and Aran like this.
  15. Loocy

Loocy ❣ Lυcy Donator

Minecraft:
    Loocy
    just to clarify my opinion on it: i don't think it's wrong for people to use it as a way to call your friends something or address them. i think it's wrong when people use it in a derogatory way. although, i do agree that it shouldn't be allowed at all in the server for the sake of players who aren't comfortable with it being said.

Aran, Joeyy and Slevin like this.
  16. Slevin

Slevin Donator

Minecraft:
    Slevin
    Yeah it's alright in a private chat or friend chat. That's what I was saying. There's no point in saying it in public chat at all which is what this thread is about. So you do agree with me lol.

Loocy, Joeyy and Aran like this.
  17. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    After internal discussion, the decision has been made to insta-warn for use of the word "nigger".

The word "nigga" remains a warnable word, but only if used excessively or in a derogatory and harmful manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.