I lost an idol.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Joeyy, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Hi all.

Everybody has an idol, someone they look up to, be it a celebrity, a popstar, or a sportsperson.

Today one of my idols died.

I support two football/soccer clubs, Liverpool, and my local club Derry City. Both sides I follow and have done since I developed an idea of what happens in the world when I was young. I've seen many players come and go from Derry City. James MClean, who now plays at West Bromwich Albion in the Premier league. Michael Duffy, who is now playing at Glasgow Celtic, and Daniel Lafferty, now at Sheffield United.

Tonight I was shocked to find out that the captain of Derry City football club, Ryan McBride, passed away suddenly at 27.

This was a massive blow to me, and I feel deeply upset about this. Last year we said goodbye to our all time leading goalscorer, Mark Farren, at 33.

The world is a cruel place. As a season ticket holder at Derry for 4 years, I've never seen such a movement for a player.

I have been going to games since I was 7, I've watched us win trophies, lose finals, play in Europe against teams like Trabzonspor and, at one point, PSG.

The world is a cruel place, and I hope that Ryan is at peace.

Rest in peace captain, you will never be forgotten.
    FB_IMG_1489961512741.jpg
    Joey.

2. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    I have no clue who you're talking about, and I also don't know what it's like to lose an idol. I would like to say he's in a better place now but that was up to him, when he was here down on earth. Sorry this happened Joey.

MemeDreamTeam and Joeyy like this.
  3. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

o7

May he rest in peace.

Joeyy likes this.