I have to say this.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by tothemoon, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Before I start my thread, I would like to notify you that I am not trying to gain attention, or offend anyone. My statements are what I have been feeling, and I hope that I can do something to help this server out, I would like to start off by saying that this community is being ran down, like really fast. A few months ago, everything was great. I had no problems, everyone was having a great time.

I have noticed that everything about this server is nothing but drama, and popularity.
    Yes, Joseph made a thread a while back, and I feel the need to state my opinions, before you bring your immature "gifs", and annoyed comments, don't bother. I specifically stated that I was not trying to offend anyone, and this thread is only for you to state your opinions.

My first topic I would like to discuss is the staff team.
    Some of the staff members seem to be rude, and have trouble doing what's right for the community. Yes, I understand that you are friends with someone, that still does not give you the right to "fake warn", or let them go without punishment. Just because you have the colored tag in front of your name, does not mean you are the best person ever. Honestly. The staff team is here to help, and make sure that everything in the community is going right, which clearly not happening 99.5% of the time. Some of the team cannot handle moderation, and take it a bit too far. I am not going to call out names, but you can clearly see who does their job right, and who doesn't. A staff reset would be too far, but something needs to be done, the team should be young mature adults, instead of so called "celebrities", etc. The staff team should set examples for young children, and to let them know that this community is great, and that they will enjoy. That is one of the things that needs to be looked into, and I am glad someone finally stated it. If you are rude, and disrespectful then I suggest leaving the staff team.

The second thing to discuss is "popularity".
    I honestly don't see the point in how "being rude", is so cool. In the end, we are all the same, just because you are immature, and cannot seem to handle the community that well, does not give you the right to take it out on others. Save your anger for a wall, or a pillow. This is minecraft, the whole point of this game is building, and exploring the world of minecraft. This is not the Hollywood red carpet, or something like that. If you want to be famous, do something people will enjoy, instead of sitting in front of the computer screen, letting everyone know that your friends with the "Moderators". Being friends with a staff member is not that great. As I said before, they are the staff team, the people who watch over the server, they are
    not gods. Yes, I understand you want to be "sassy", and disrespectful, but this is not the place. We are all human here, playing minecraft. If you want to be all "Hollywood", etc then I suggest getting off your computer. Well, there's that. And, before you start your "people are people, they are all immature", stuff I know, yes. I know how societly works, I don't need your input. Also, another thing I would like to include is "OITC leaderboard", yes I understand the leaderboard, it's honestly not that big of a deal, no one cares. I know you enjoy playing one in the chamber, but you don't have to brag about everything, example: "your so ez m8", like can you not? This is just a game, you are not being recognized for president, please stop.

The other thing that I would like to talk about is something else to do with popularity.
    Yes, we are all allowed to state our opinions here, and suggest things. That does not mean you can call out someone for making a "sorry" thread, or calling someone out when they make a vacation thread, "noone cares", if you don't have anything nice to say, why say it? It looks pretty obvious that you are trying to gain attention, it is just a thread, if you don't like it, then don't bother waiting your time. All your doing is showing a fool in yourself, which is completely stupid. No one here cares to hear your childish remarks. What I am suggesting is that you stop with your "remarks" towards others, stop being rude, and childish. Anyways, yeah.

No, I am not trying to call out anyone, or mini-mod. I am trying to alert people about how they are acting, and in some way help out the community, if you would like to discuss something in private, please PM me. I was just tired of letting this go so far, and I had to state my opinion, like I said above I am not trying to offend anyone, I just want you all to realize what actions you are taking, and what needs to change.
    Thanks for reading everyone, have a great day.
    ~Jordan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  2. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    I just 100%ly agree ...
    You took words out of my mouth .

tothemoon likes this.
  3. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    This community has really changed since I first came, and if anything, nothing will ever make it better again. New members will always come and fight for popularity, while older ones will act sarcastic and sometimes elitist, its all inevitable.

blok, DWG, PenguinHook and 3 others like this.
  4. TheBlackHamood

TheBlackHamood Feel Pain, Accept Pain, Know Pain

Minecraft:
    twista_17 & _Hamood
    Finally someone got the guts to say this

Also
    You can't tell people how to play, they're on their own

Don't tell people what to do when you don't want to be told what to do
    Because they have the freedom to say it

.-.

70% of this thread is "Don't do this, do that"

Hed_crafter_nl and MainHoe like this.
  5. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    Yes, but were on a forum, not real life. There is a set sense of decency to be upheld in such an environment

InvalidStar, sebastiann and cingle like this.
  6. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    If we continue to let people say whatever they want, how will the community change?
    I have been insulted and harassed on here before and it's not going to stop unless there is a change.

I believe in stating your opinion 100%, but if stating your opinion is actually just insulting people, it needs to stop.
    There is a difference between stating your opinion and being flat out rude.

7. TheBlackHamood

Minecraft:
    twista_17 & _Hamood
    Well *brings board* I have the answer
    They need to have less insults, we can't let people be afraid of giving their opinion, we have let the insulting cool a bit
    Fact: a full sentence of rudeness (E.x: "He sucks so fucking much he can't even type") should be reduced to "He's not that good, he just need to practice his typing a lot"
    See? now people can state their opinion without showing rudeness, problem solved

dinoceros and Joseph10003 like this.
  8. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    First, I would like to point out to everyone that making threads about the issues that everyone already knows about doesn't help anything. Harry told you guys he already knew the issues and will work to fix them. We understand you concern but as I always say, patience is key. :)

Also, your accusations against staff are void without real evidence. One of your accusations is "The staff team is here to help, and make sure that everything in the community is going right, which clearly not happening 99.5% of the time. "

How can you make this accusation without evidence? Do you know where all the staff members are and what they are doing on the server? No, no you don't. So how is it "clear"? Without /mods or access to staff chat, you can't even see half of what we do. Therefore, the screw ups you may see are few compared to the tremendous work done in staff.

You have probably heard this 1000 times already, but it clearly hasn't gotten through: You don't see the punishments we give on the forums and in game other than your own. Also, there is a protocol we have, so what may seem punishable to you may not be punishable according to the protocol. If you feel a staff member is not warning a friend when they should, you can use the report staff abuse section or PM Willy or an admin. Simple enough.

Most of the leaderboard people or "pros" in oitc are joking when they say that. If you can't take being called "ez" or "skrub", then you shouldn't be playing Minecraft IMO. Just ignore it if it's not a constant thing that's directed at you. If they keep doing it to you, then ask them politely to stop, and if they continue, you can report it as harassment. It's that easy.

If it's rude to call people out for making vacation and sorry threads, then how is it fine to make threads calling out staff?

Sorry for the negative review, but

9. brad12033640

brad12033640 [Legend Rank] Donator

Minecraft:
    SinplyBrandon1
    Well said. people shouldn't make threads complaining about stuff, if they don't know what they are talking about.

ItsSamdramon and KrisKrikken like this.
  10. ItsPacers

ItsPacers Well-Known-Member Donator

Minecraft:
    ItsPacers
    I agree

11. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Thanks for stating your opinion.
    That's why I made this thread.

Ninjafoya likes this.
  12. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    The horse is already dead, its been dead for a while now.
    thats a figure of speach

13. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Replying to what @YFIOTR said, yes I understand you we're stating your opinion, but half the things you said had nothing to do with what I stated,
    The reason I spoke about the "staff issue", is because of an argument that recently happened, I know that in fact punishments weren't given, and I have already reported that. Second off, I never said I couldn't handle when people call me "ez", I was stating that it's offensive and people shouldn't do it, yes I understand that people joke, but half of the community don't find it funny, and the reason I mentioned this was because of another teamspeak incident, which has already been handled. But anyways, thanks for stating your opinion, good job.

14. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I hate to argue, but everything I said had to do with what you talked about. "You" was not directed at you, which is my fault. I didn't not specify that I was making a general statement when talking about the "ez" business. Though by people thinking it's offensive, it is in fact not tolerated (or in other words can't be handled). It was an iffy use of words, but countering a negative opinion with the claim that it had nothing to do with what I said is unnecessary.

The teamspeak incident you talk about as I said before is not reflective of the whole staff. Thanks for your concern and apologies for the misunderstanding.

eaglebread_, Odi, KrisKrikken and 4 others like this.
  15. tothemoon

tothemoon Donator

Thanks for your response.

16. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I don't think Jordan meant that the whole staff team is bad. There have been issues with a few staff members though.

InvalidStar and TheBlackHamood like this.
  17. Millerco

Millerco [God]

Minecraft:
    Millerco
    What happened to the drama thread rule?

18. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 2.13.36 PM.png
    March 18

dinoceros and cingle like this.
  19. Millerco

Millerco [God]

Minecraft:
    Millerco
    The rule was disbanded?
    In that case I agree with a good slice of this.
    The problem is you can't tell us how to live our lives. Who are you to say that we are rude and bad people?
    I think you should just back off and let the staff do their jobs. ItsHarry and Jerry aren't stupid, they realize the problems. They don't need members pointing them out and then insulting how they run their server.
    I agree, this server may need some change, but the staff know that. And they don't need 10 threads reminding them.

Gooby likes this.
  20. TheBlackHamood

Minecraft:
    twista_17 & _Hamood
    I have to admit this is 100% accurate and VERY wise

You actually said it the way I explained it to Joseph

Im sorry but
    Alrighty now

• So you make a paragraph about it?
    • What about the other half? 1 side is not enough if the other side isn't
    • Again, why make a paragraph about if it has been handled?
    If someone is done and it's done, don't make a fuss about it
    Random fact: there are 86 number 1's in the thread by now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.