History of my art

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by Costellon, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Costellon

Costellon professional Boy Donator

Minecraft:
    colorised
    Hello again!

As a few of you know, i am an artist. I know NONE of you asked for this but, im giving you a brief history of my art.

You: But why would we want a histo-

SHUT UP! Just, enjoy.

I made my first YouTube banner about 3 years ago for one of my friends
    upload_2016-12-28_19-32-57.png

You can tell i made it 3 years ago cant you.

Anyway, as my banner making "skillzzz" progressed i started making banners outside of Minecraft themes, such as this
    upload_2016-12-28_19-32-28.png
    and
    upload_2016-12-28_19-33-44.png

It was around this time that i realised i needed to quit my old YouTube channel for personal reasons.
    As a result of that i quit making art for what i thought was forever, but it was only about a year before i started again.
    But as i started again, i saw how my style had changed and my ability had declined dramatically.

You can see it in this:
    upload_2016-12-28_19-37-28.png
    and
    upload_2016-12-28_19-39-14.png
    (the Blender Power one happened to be my most popular)

It was at that point that i realised that i needed to change my ways. To find a real style, stick with it and improve it. So i did.

I tried my first Asthetic banner (v a p o u r w a v e m e m e s g o h e r e).

upload_2016-12-28_20-3-17.png
    It didn't turn out as well as i expected but hey, i tried.

It was then that i decided to step completely out of my confort zone and try making an actual artpiece.
    I stole a random photograph of Perth (i think) and messed with it for a while.
    It turned out very well in my opinion.
    upload_2016-12-28_20-6-44.png
    Even though i think it is my best, i dont wave it around saying "I made this" because i didnt take the photo. So i decided to try using my own photos and editing them.
    upload_2016-12-28_20-7-17.png
    and
    upload_2016-12-28_20-7-42.png

I decided that i would really try hard to get recognised on my next artpiece, and i did.
    I call this one "surge."
    upload_2016-12-28_20-10-56.png

Last week, i got an offer by the local art gallery to SELL MY ARTWORK! I nearly screamed out of my panties. Selling my own artwork? I have reached a high point in this hobby, this may actually pay off. I also got offered by my district to produce a scout badge design, but i turned it down because it would be too hard.

So here i am! That brings me to the current time where im still waiting for details on how my spot will work at the gallery, but my dream is to get one of my pictures into the Brisbane state gallery. I doubt it will happen but whatever.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!
    Bel

2. TheNinjaFury

TheNinjaFury Fury Donator

Minecraft:
    [Hero] TheNinjaFury // TheEmperorOfFury
    These are all fantastic! Far better than I could hope for, anyway! Congratulations mate, I hope you can go far! :)

-TheNinja :cool:

3. Costellon

Minecraft:
    colorised
    Thank you!

4. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    TIPS:
    • Use better fonts. The fonts are these banners are pretty unfitting/bad. Surf around on websites like Dafont and try to find a good fit. Oh, fonts like Big Noodle Titling are good for battle-type banners, while calm/chill banners can use that handwriting font.
    • Get a layer styles pack. The layer styles are absolute crap. Jrgeehs 1k Pack has 4 AMAZING layer styles that are easily customizable. Also, some of your concepts of banners actually can use 3D text. Find a tutorial on Blender/Cinema 4D 3d text. StrikorGraphics had a legendary video on it. Oh, i just reminded myself.
    • GET CINEMA 4D. Renders made in Novaskin (which I know you use) are TERRIBLE. I MEAN TERRIBLE. No matter how good you try to make it, it will always be terrible. Cinema 4D Demo is free but you can't render, unless you screenshot then crop out the background (thats what I used to do).
    • And if possible, USE PHOTOSHOP. Seriously. It's only $10 a month, and it comes with a 30 day trial (and IDK what you use for editing, but if you do not use Photoshop, use it. I personally think you use like Pixlr or GIMP or something).
    • DONT COMMONLY USE THE... BANNER OUTLINE THING. Or at least overlay it. That banner outline thing actually takes up space that could be used for more render space/banner space (ya' know, don't wanna make it crowded right?)
    • No emoji flames, I cannot stress this enough. WHY THE EMOJI FLAMES?!? THEY ALWAYS LOOK TERRIBLE. They're only good for Tweets/Titles/Etc. people, not art.
    • Now this is not really a tip and more of a thing that just... just don't add your watermark in the banner, or at least overlay it. No one needs to know that you made it and they WANT you to know you made it. Either overlay it or add it onto the banner guidelines.
    And there are a couple more but they are JUST for certain banners. Anyways, keep it up! And when I get Photoshop back maybe I'll school ya!

5. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

Awesome! I love this kind of art! I've always wanted to get into photography art but I don't really fit into it.
    These are the ones I tried to do??
    129d57c9-56db-494f-a335-e86b3a2e379a.png e00618fe-f81a-4a1d-8b07-ac8492e92f7a.png also, for the itsharry one it's now red gloves not blue
    Anyway on topic. Your style is so good. The colours you use are fantastic, same with the banners. I hope you do more art :D

Costellon likes this.
  6. Teddie

Teddie Donator

0 cringe.
    Some people think it's bad, but it's the effort that counts, right?

Costellon and rosellavio like this.
  7. Costellon

Minecraft:
    colorised
    No thanks dude, i prefer to be self taught. That's what i like to do, its just my personality. I'm taking a photography course as part of 2017 school, so ill learn a bit from there.
    The emoji flames he asked for.
    I use paint.net, but i have a shit load of plugins and addons.
    The banner outline i barely use, it just happens to be used on these banners.
    Also, did you even read the text? I moved out of Minecraft banners and i could see my ability declining. Also, that was my first banner, what did you expect.
    I've started not using 3d text and just using Xor settings.

But otherwise, thank you for your comment.

Exactly!

Exactly!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  8. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

Just gonna remind you that you double posted :)

9. Costellon

Minecraft:
    colorised
    shit

10. Hornsbys

Hornsbys Your Basic Internet Friend Donator

Minecraft:
    Hornsbys
    Nice artwork bro! Wish I had this talent!

Costellon likes this.
  11. Costellon

Minecraft:
    colorised
    Thank you!

12. Hornsbys

Hornsbys Your Basic Internet Friend Donator

Minecraft:
    Hornsbys
    NP your srsly got talent my bro

13. Costellon