Hi

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by PhantomStar, Oct 13, 2017.

1. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Well, it’s finally come to this.

Where do I begin? I’ve been staff for almost 14 months, or just over a year. And let me tell you, it’s been a hell of a year. There were tons of good times, and some bad ones too. People on this server - and in life in general- are a mixed bag. But I like to think that ultimately I did my part to make this server a better place than it was before, even if only by a little bit.
    And to be honest, after working so hard and waiting so long to get it, I really didn’t want to give up my staff rank. I wanted to keep doing my part and climbing the ranks until I had my fill.

“So why the hell did you resign?!”

My reasons for resigning are pretty similar to a lot of other former staff’s, but TL;DR: life happened.

First, after my headset broke I had nothing else to use to communicate with everyone (and I refuse to use my speakers and my built in mic, especially since my parents dislike the idea of me having online friends.) and I started to drift away from the server because of this. I have a new headset now but it doesn’t work as well since it uses the 3.5mm ports and it seems like my laptop has some kind of defect in that anything that uses those ports doesn’t work very well. Which is why I couldn’t plug in any generic old headphones and just use those. So that sucks but it’s not the only reason for my resignation.

School is the 2nd reason. I’m busy with all my work (although I’m postponing my homework to write this thread.) and have less time than usual to come on the server than I would like. I’m also part of a musical with my school which means that some days I’m staying there from 8:30AM-6PM. I’m not enjoying it as much as I’d like to right now because while my singing voice is pretty good I really suck at dancing, but I intend to stick to it until the end, which is mid-November. Once that’s over I’ll have to keep my grades up and get a job somewhere to get a bit more money.
    Next year I’m going to be going to university, and as long as I ace my classes this year I qualify for almost everything the university I’m looking into has to offer for students coming out of high school. Being staff never really did impede my education, I did great last year despite it, but this year I’m going to be far too busy to be on the server for too long.

3rd reason - general loss of interest.
    As time went on, getting on and taking reports became a task I wanted to do less and less. I’d rather just play Animal Crossing, listen to music, or of course shitpost! Not only that, for the past few weeks I found very little reports to do on the server whenever I came on. So even if I wanted to do reports, I couldn’t.
    If I hadn’t resigned now, I probably would have been demoted some time in the future, so I decided to not be useless any longer and take the high road and resign.

After all, I didn’t want another “Binding of Isaac” incident.

What’s next? Are you staying? Will you ever come back to the staff team?

Yes and maybe. I can’t leave this server and some of the only friends I have behind. I’ll be as active as ever and hell I might shitpost more too if you guys like that. :wink:
    As for ever coming back as staff, I might reapply if I find myself the free time and the desire to do so. Hopefully it’s later than sooner, I don’t want to be a yo-yoer lol. And just reapplying wouldn’t guarantee I get my rank back anyways, that’s for the admins to decide.

So that’s that. If you ever want to join the staff team and know you have the time and desire to help keep this server clean, by all means, do it. The staff are wonderful people, and it’s a great opprotunity to learn how to work as a team with others.

I’ll be opening up my profile again after this thread is posted, and remember everyone, \m/, not o7. ;)

Why? Because I want this to be a happy thing. Even with my staff rank gone, we can all still rock on. :grin:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Zackery, Radii, PopeUrbanII and 21 others like this.
  2. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Thanks for everything o7

PhantomStar likes this.
  3. Rofl

Rofl ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ Donator

risp

I swear all the good OG staff are leaving .-.

Hope life outside of the craft serves you well.

PhantomStar likes this.
  4. dreamvlle

dreamvlle resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    bedazzledblunt
    damn i didn't think you were gonna do it
    thank you

PhantomStar likes this.
  5. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    You were the last one from our batch who was staff, rip.
    You were a great mod in all honesty and I wanna thank you for your effort in doing a great job during staff. Come on in the resigned cool kids ;>

Starixty, KaiserVenom and PhantomStar like this.
  6. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I always thought you were a great staff member. Sad to see you go. o7

PhantomStar likes this.
  7. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Thank you once again for your time serving the community, Star, we sincerely appreciate everything you've done. I wish you the very best in real life!

PhantomStar likes this.
  8. Seltrox

Seltrox Pastel Colors ♫ Donator

Minecraft:
    Seltrox
    You have been staff for so long it's sad to see you go.

PhantomStar likes this.
  9. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Star!!! I love animal crossing! But anyways you will be missed, thanks for your help on the server!

PhantomStar likes this.
  10. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Thanks for everything you did as staff.
    I don't have much else to say as you're staying but hopefully tenstaREddie will still be kept alive @SpookyScaryTeddie
    I hope you will be able to return to the staff team eventually as while you were active you did a great job!

Teddie likes this.
  11. Bruhtrash

Bruhtrash 100% FC!!! Donator

Minecraft:
    MrHakenRock
    Thanks for everything! You did well! :)

PhantomStar and TwageTomato like this.
  12. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    There's a huge silver lining to all this.
    finally.png
    Ah my sweet Isaac, how I missed you so.

TwageTomato and Teddie like this.
  13. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    I'm so sorry to see you go. IRL first, remember it alway. Life is so much more than a game.

PhantomStar likes this.