Other Games (Help) Overwatch Settings/Graphics

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by bluetrashbag, Dec 31, 2016.

1. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    I just got Overwatch for my computer, and I know my specs aren't exactly the greatest and I can play Overwatch with the lowest settings possible (it looks horrible haha). Razer Cortex tells me I'm getting like 20 fps in game, but that's fine with me. I was wondering if there are any methods to boost my fps and also make it look better. Here are my specs for reference:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00GB
    System Type: Windows 10 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Thanks in advance!

2. Saul1337

Saul1337

If your software can't handle it there isn't too much you can do, other than lower the settings go into a smaller windowed mode.
    If your temperatures are too high then it has something to do with your computer, keeping it cooler will help as far as I have experienced with my old computer.

There are many tutorials on Youtube and Overwatch forum's and other websites

I know you're oke with 20 fps, but try to get at least a stable 30 fps. It'll be much more enjoyable to play the game with a nice smooth screen instead of a choppy screen which has to catch up to the action and will most likely lead you to most deaths. (Also your team will be much happier with you :D)

bluetrashbag likes this.
  3. Mats

Mats ‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮

Minecraft:
    Mats9799
    What's your GPU?

bluetrashbag likes this.
  4. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    I'm not the best with this kind of stuff but I know there is one way to boost your in game FPS.
    Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and go to task manager.
    If you don't see much stuff press more details at the bottom.
    Then, press the details tab and scroll down until you see the program, "Overwatch.exe"
    Right click on that, set priority, and put it on high or realtime (Most computers can't handle realtime, so don't worry if you cant.
    Go back ingame, and your FPS should be boosted by 10-20 FPS.

bluetrashbag and blok like this.
  5. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    thanks saul, I'll look around for solutions.

I'm using Intel HD Graphics. probably 4000? i dont really know xd

I'll try that too, thanks.

I might be getting a gaming pc in the future too. thanks for all your help! :)

Soap likes this.
  6. Mats

Mats ‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮

Minecraft:
    Mats9799
    That is an integrated graphics card, you're probably using a laptop? You're never going to be able to play intensive games on decent settings and FPS. The reason you might be able run Minecraft smoothly is because the game relies a lot more on the CPU and RAM.

You can't really do much about it except getting a dedicated GPU. If you're planning to get that new gaming pc in the future make sure it will contain a decent GPU so you'll be albe to play pretty much any game for next few years.

7. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    no, actually I'm on a PC haha. thanks for the tip!

TreeKillerMan likes this.