Hackusating

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sadandy, Jun 6, 2016.

?

What do you think?

1. We should implement this system.

36.0%
  2. We shouldn't implement this system.

32.0%
  3. I'm not sure if we should implement this system.

20.0%
  4. I don't care.

12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadandy

sadandy Former Moderator Donator

Hello!

So, hackusators (hackusaters?) have been quite the nuisance to people who are good at PvP. Usually, when someone is killed by someone who is at least halfway decent at PvP calls hacks on that person in chat, saying something like "This person is hacking!!!" People who do this are extremely annoying (mostly in my opinion), especially since the people who they are calling hacks on are not hacking. There is sometimes some kind of argument between the player and the hackusator after the hackusation.

So, what I'm suggesting is that we remove these messages from public chat. The server would check for a specific word in order to prevent the hackusation from being seen from public chat, and the player who sent a hackusation is sent a message that says something like:
    Please use the /report command, /msg an online staff member, or report the player on the forums at http://itsjerryandharry.com/forums/report-abuse.15/ if you believe a player is hacking!

Again, the public is unable to see it. Now, before you comment saying "oh hackusators could be helpful for staff members to catch hackers in the act," the staff online on the specific minigame's server will be able to see the message. It could look like something sort of like this:

The staff would see this:

[Herobrine] JoshWDun: hi
    xXxXBillyPvPXxXx: xXFaZ3Mast3rXx is hacking
    [Cool] Person: hi

The public would see this:
    [Herobrine] JoshWDun: hi
    [Cool] Person: hi

The staff member on the server would then spectate xXFaZ3Mast3rXx to make sure if he is hacking, and issue a proper punishment if the player is indeed hacking.

Like I said, in order for this to work, the server must check for specific words within a message to make sure the hackusation is not sent for public. Here is an example list of words:
    • hack
    • hacks
    • hacker
    • hackor
    • hack0r
    • hacking
    • hax
    • haxor
    • haxer
    • hax0r
    • haxing
    • anti knockback
    • anti kb
    • antikb
    • antiknockback
    • kill aura
    • killaura
    • etc etc
    If a player is caught bypassing this system, they would be verbally warned by a staff member (an actual warn will not be issued edit: unless the player bypasses the system multiple times). This system will also be used in private messages as well, but not in helper or friend chat.

Edit: Maybe there could be a toggle system for normal players to be able to see hackusations from other people? Maybe something like /hackutoggle?

thanks
    -andy

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Blossom, Diffracting, Miner and 5 others like this.
  2. fqu

fqu Donator

Minecraft:
    fqu
    I just take it as a compliment. :)

3. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    The hackusation in chat does bring mods in, but in most cases after the hackusation is seen by the alleged "hacker" they begin to toggle everything off I agree with the suggestion it is disruptive, it is annoying, it is ineffective.

sadandy likes this.
  4. Zackery

Zackery Resigned - 4 Year Server Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    I think hackusating is a good idea.. As it will draw in mods , but the player will ask one out on a watch list (if the mod has one) I know when I was a mod I did that.. But as that player is on a watch list.. It may be easier for the mods to catch and ban later on.

5. hmj

hmj jͫͪ Donator

disagreed

words like "hack" or "hacking" can be used in many other circumstances that aren't hackusating

it also removes a bit of freedom of speech to the user.

6. Syth

Syth

Minecraft:
    Sythie
    disagreed;

This is the same thing in mineplex but people still bypass it with such as h@x and things like that. Even if you were to remove every single word like that, people would still know what they mean. this is one of those things like teaming which can never stop it no matter what.

As @ActuallyImJerome Said, This Removes freedom of speech to the users and also if the hacker were to know about this they would toggle everything off. (@gevork as he said)

At the End of the day, there will always be people saying these words in any format. It is just a way of wasting time and energy creating this plugin or installing the plugin. Overall there is no point of trying to counter it.

hmj likes this.
  7. sadandy

sadandy Former Moderator Donator

Helpers and up will still be able to see the message, however, the public will not be able to see the hackusation.

I've already covered that in the suggestion

I can't say I disagree with you. I myself have actually found myself using the work "hack" or "hacking" in a regular conversation sometimes. I'll try to see a solution for this.

edit: edited the suggestion

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Zackery likes this.
  8. Zackery

Zackery Resigned - 4 Year Server Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    Okay, that covers my confusion I had.

sadandy likes this.
  9. iRescue

iRescue OG Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    iRescue
    Disagreed, I honestly don't like that idea because so many rules in the server is fun, and so what? If you get called a hacker take it as a compliment, hell, you know I would. But what really need to add is /ignore because I hate when people /msg you when you don't want to talk to them..

Completion and MeatBoy0 like this.
  10. Braylen

Braylen Yah Donator

Minecraft:
    Prospering
    Why not implement an anti-cheat on the server? :/

Quitted and MeatBoy0 like this.
  11. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I have a lot of conversations on hacking vs cheating. Yup, need to have staff come in because the word is flagged. People throw the word hacking around all the time, more times than not it's because they are not good pvp'rs.

12. Shinra

Shinra

disagreed because sometimes you use the word hack when someone isn't hacking, like Jerome stated

hmj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.