[Global] Badlion Anticheat Partnering

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ryva, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    As you all may know, cheating is a serious and annoying problem. On JNH it is also a bigger problem, due to the AAC and NCP Anticheats not being as advanced as the more professional servers, and with the server not screensharing basically anyone can download a ghost client and cheat away without getting banned.

There are many people who cheat on the server and claim that they don't, which really gets us legitimate players angry. Sometimes I will get so angry to the point where I will ask them to duel on a server which screenshares / has a professional anticheat and see if they get banned. Here are the results from Faithful:

[​IMG]
    Reqtor (Kitpvp player)
    [​IMG]
    ybnpapi (Factions player)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Polseh (Factions player)

The Badlion Client is a FPS boosting client which contains versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.12. The client similar to others, includes multiple built-in mods. You can find more information about the client here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/206889

As many know, the Badlion Client comes with the CLIENT SIDE Anticheat (BAC). What this client does is it monitors your system to detect/ make sure you are not cheating. This is a really nice feature because while playing on servers that have [​IMG] BAC enabled it, it proves that you are not cheating (while playing on the Badlion Client). If you do cheat on a BAC Enabled server, you will be banned from the client and the server.

What is my suggestion?

My suggestion is for the JNH network to partner with the Badlion Client team, and get the BAC enabled on the server.

How would this help the server?

This would help the server because players who are playing on the server with the Badlion Client and while the BAC is enabled, it is a way to prove they are legit/not hacking. This is a counter attack to all the ghost clients that people are using. I believe this is our solution at the moment, since I don’t see screensharing coming to the server anytime soon at its state. You can make it so the player has a little * before their name or tag so they can confirm that they are on the Badlion Client. This would be an indication that they are legit, and are on the badlion client with the BAC. TLDR: The client would help prove people are legit, and the more people that use it, the more confirmed legit players there are. I believe this would help significantly with false bans, because it’ll show they are legit and that there is no way they can be hacking, even if they are the BAC will deal with them as it is scanning their device for hacks etc. If they are found to be cheating, they will be banned from the server and client.

Q&A

Will players be required to use the client to play on the server?:
    No, but if you do play with the client it proves you aren't cheating. Cause if you are you'll get banned.
    Is the client free?:
    Yes
    What happens if you cheat on the client?:
    If you cheat on the client you will be client banned and server banned.
    (Any more questions asked will be added here)

Applying for the partnership is really easy as well, the server well meets the requirements. You can find it here: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/213409

This is my suggestion for the BAC and Badlion Client, I really hope to see this partnership come to reality in the future, because I really believe this would be beneficial for the server.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Flurried, Teddie, RulerofMobs and 6 others like this.
  2. Davey

Davey Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheGregHeffley
    I would love for the server to use BAC, and the Badlion client is something I've always thought was interesting, I like this idea. :D

Cyclical, Left4Lag and Ryva like this.
  3. SantaSmg

SantaSmg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | WALK WITH ELIAS Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I have a question, what happens if someone gets banned for hacks and then buys an unban from the store? If the client does ban you from its database, a player who ghosts as you say could easily just buy an unban and continue without being detected.

Left4Lag and Ryva like this.
  4. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    If they buy an unban from the store, they will be unbanned from the server. They shouldn't be allowed to be unbanned from the client, as they cheated on the client and the client doesn't sell unbans or have appeals (maybe in the future). I understand from your point on where you said they can ghost again without being detected, but I don't think someone would want to cheat right after they spent $25 on an unban ( Like Harry said). If they do decide to cheat again, I guess we would be back where they started, trying not to get banned by the anticheat or staff. But now they would be shown as not using the BLC, meaning by them setting off alerts/alot of reports and if they look sketchy, there is a high chance they can be cheating again.

Left4Lag and SantaSmg like this.
  5. SantaSmg

SantaSmg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | WALK WITH ELIAS Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    Nice response, agreed

I'm fine with a possible implementation but things like these sometimes seem too good to be true; is there any cost financially?
    Also, in what ways is BAC better than the current AAC we have now?

Ryva likes this.
  6. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    I am not sure if there is any cost involved into the client, as I am not an owner myself so I haven't gotten into business with them personally.

About your statement with the BAC vs AAC. The BAC is a client side anticheat, meaning the anticheat is on the client itself scanning processes on your computer to ensure you are not cheating (Don't worry, doesn't take anything personal). The AAC is the server side anticheat, which will stay obviously. If we were to get rid of the AAC that would be a very bad idea, cause the players who are NOT using the BLC will have no anticheat stopping them from cheating. So BAC and AAC will be essentially working together.

Left4Lag and SantaSmg like this.
  7. bren

bren happy?! Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    i fully agree, this should be added!!!

Cyclical and Ryva like this.
  8. Bugraaak

Bugraaak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Bugraaak
    Agreed, seems fine to me.

Cyclical and Ryva like this.
  9. Stroof

Stroof if ur read this ur big gay lmao Donator

Agree but surely people could just not use the client and still not be banned from BAC and it wouldent really fix much as people who are currently cheating arent going to download BAC and continue to cheat on the server and even if people know they hack they wont be banned without proof

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    tence3000 likes this.
  10. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Cant they just not use the client and avoid it all together?

11. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    What are they avoiding? If you think avoiding getting banned I’ve already explained that if you would read it creeper.

I’m not really sure you are understanding what’s going on here stroof, the BAC is only activated when you play on the server. And it isn’t a server Anticheat. It’s a client side. So if you cheat on regular forge you will be banned by staff or the anticheat we have now, but if you cheat on the client, you will be banned on the client and the server.

Cyclical likes this.
  12. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Lets say someone cheated with a ghost client. They wouldnt use BAC at all, and wont get banned by the staff since its a ghost client. He may be well known for cheating, but nothing can be done to prove it without recording. This gives a red flag but it does not give any actual evidence that a player is cheating because “they wont use the bac” wont work.

13. Stroof

I understand about it being a client side anticheat but thats the issue, for example if a player is using a ghost client and most players know he hacks but doesnt have sufficient evidence for staff to ban him he wont be banned and will continue to cheat now even if BAC is added the player just wont use it as its not required and would be pointless and just play on regular minecraft and continue cheating on regular mc and not get banned

14. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    There is multiple ways you can counter attack this argument, I am pretty sure even ItsJerryandHarry Staff members would understand. I don't think you're there yet creeper. I think I am smart enough to not release the ways to not get caught by ghost clienting so no thank you.
    Answered already.

Lone likes this.
  15. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

You think the staff are smart? Legit a video of saad bhopping on a alt got denied for unsufficient evidence. Is there more i need to say?

16. Stroof

@Ryva You still havent answered how this would stop the hackers who just wont download the client (so all cheaters lol) and wont be banned by staff as they are already using a ghost client and not banned so adding BAC would literally do nothing to stop them what jnh need to do is improve there anticheat (which they cant do because itll be expensive)

17. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    I literally JUST ANSWERED THAT. And improving an anticheat isn't expensive, ItsJerryandHarry are developers...

When you have people using FakeHacker, I think there is more you need to say.

18. jovanhon

jovanhon potato is a food

BLC has 1.7 animations, lol, against server rules.
    Better server side anti cheat is better
    ive been saying "add anti cheat for so long" but nobody seems to bother/agree
    and when this EX MOD suggest this, everyone goes crazy about it. lmao

19. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    Open your eyes little jovan, it doesn't. The animations are only enabled on 1.7.
    upload_2018-8-5_18-2-53.png

20. jovanhon

jovanhon potato is a food

Hello?
    i think ive downloaded the wrong BLC then, somehow im block hitting in 1.8, weird

UNFUCKABLE likes this.