/getstaff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epsical, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Epsical

Epsical Donator

So this suggestion is most likely going to get a mixed responses but i think it can be really useful. Basically, the command notifies staff members, much like the /report command. But the difference between this and the /report command is that it is for any occasion that requires staff with a reason.

How to use

/getstaff [reason]

============Get staff==============
    Reason: spawner, inquiry, etc.
    A staff will be with you shortly.
    =================================

Why would I need this?
    Which would you rather do, type in a command or
    search around the server looking for a staff that is free?

I could just message a helper to look for a staff!
    Yes, you can. But if you are like me and are on when the server
    is at it's least busiest point, finding a staff can be quite challenging.
    This command is nothing more than a time saver in my opinion, since it is kind of annoying to look around all the popular servers asking "Any staff online?"

2. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

I agree with the suggestion, most people instead report random players for these kind of reasons.

Stellarite and tence3000 like this.
  3. Dest

Dest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    I agree. Like Lethalities said, a lot of people report other people for an issue with signs, spawners, blocks, etc. This way people don't have to report others which could lead to confusion.

The only downside of this though is that people may use it too often for the smallest reasons that are not worth immediate attention.

4. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I'm undecided.

My reasoning is that spawners or asking questions aren't with situational context, therefore no immediate action is required. Most of the time, players just start a thread in the help section.

On the flip side, if it were easy to implement, I wouldn't see why not. It all depends on whether or not it's worth it, which I'm not at liberty to make that decision. Good luck though!

pianoargmaster, tence3000 and Draggon like this.
  5. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

I agree with your suggestion.

pianoargmaster likes this.
  6. Costellon

Costellon �Digital Artist� Donator

Minecraft:
    � Costellon �
    I agree

7. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    maybe the command should be /request?

pianoargmaster and Rewatch like this.
  8. Stellarite

Stellarite Donator

Minecraft:
    Agreed.
    With the abuse of the command, maybe there could be a punishment for it's abuse? Just like for /report.

pianoargmaster and YFIOTR like this.
  9. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
  10. Supahhhhh

Supahhhhh Just a Savage Bro Donator

im undecided.
    I like the suggestion cause it would help. But I dont like it because if someone is hacking and somehow they know if mods are on they will just msg the mods to see if they are on and responding so they wont hack if they dont want to be so blaitent about their hacks.

11. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    To place my perspective many hcf servers have a command similar like this but rather it be /getstaff it's called /helpop and is used the exact same way allowing players to /helpop [msg] and notifying staff where the player is and what the player needs
    This is valuable in idea that if you need help but don't want/know how to get to the forums and ask or your not reporting a player, but at the same time many people can abuse in the idea of helpop something inappropriate which if punishment is implement I don't think will be that big of a problem.
    Lastly this would need to have a cool down of say 10 minutes as staff are already dealing with reports coming in and spamming our chat. Overall I agree with the idea assuming the things I suggested should be implemented

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. gobble

gobble boop ❤∂εαтнℓεss❤ Donator

Minecraft:
    SpoopyAspen
    AGREED.

This can be extremely useful, since not many people have a staff as their friend. /report doesn't always work accurately, so /getstaff will certainly be a good addition for the server!