Get your act together

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by davidkaragezyan, Aug 21, 2016.

1. davidkaragezyan

davidkaragezyan MeatBoy1

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy1
    I have always hated staff this is not a new thing of mine to make some stupid threading bashing staff I have always hated staff with the exception of a few and no matter how much I wanna to cuss you people out a friend of mine has asked me to make this thread civilized and so I will. I will also like to clarify that this thread is not to join the bandwagon of 40 people bashing staff Im here to not only point out a few things ive noticed but to offer a few suggestions. First off the inactivity of staff is at an insane amount I rarely ever see mods or mod+ on anymore now with the same excuse every staff member gives the server for their inactivity is "I have irl stuff" in that case why dont you just resign or quit I know its hard but clearly you're not putting the greater good of the server first hand you should resign and let the helpers that are active get promoted and allow the people with open staff apps who are active to get the job. 2nd off the hacker problem in kitpvp and im assuming other pvp areas of the server is way to high and people have suggested anti cheats but the only argument I have heard against this is that staff would have nothing to do if there was an anti cheat but if staff aren't already on in which happens in most cases the hacker is often let to be ruling the server. This is why I suggest either staff who are not active be demoted or they should volunteer to resign but this has gone to far. The 3rd thing I have to say is the staff who are on are never doing their job I have received evidence of staff not doing their job whilst I was speaking to my cousin when he was complaining about the hackers and how hes sending reports but no one is coming on when I look over onto his screen I see a staff member talking in chat Talking in fr and acting completely stupid while he is dieing to hackers. I dont understand whats happening to the staff community and hell with it all you kids who kiss ass to the staff and constantly defend them its because you have them as friends or you have an open staff app and thats the reason your afraid to speak out its getting to be a real pain to even log on when I see a hacker on wit an 80 killstreak and no staff to ban him. The only staff who seem to give a shit anymore is @eaglebread_ @Kryokin @Smogg and if this person didnt resign which I Hate so much that he did although I never spoke to him I have seen him ban countless hackers @XandalfWizard

I also thought of this but why are staff never on the same page on things when it comes down to it some mods tell me toggle sneak and i dont mean the sprint one I mean the one that lets you sneak and talk is allowed and others say its not, or when someone is selling items for irl money some mods ignore it and let it happen some say you cant do that. I have seen mods who dont evne know what commands they have like can we get a bit more organized please

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Kimme, kiraa, momand and 23 others like this.
  2. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

I agree with many of the points made throughout this thread.

My largest issue with the current staff is the large group of staff members that aren't nearly as active as a much smaller group of staff members.
    90% of the time it's either all helpers or a single helper online and it's impossible to take care of hackers when there are no Mods and above online. Seeing that hackers are currently the server's biggest issue, you would think that the higher up staff members would be online more to help. However, like I said, I have yet to see that happen.

I'm going to stop there before I go all out complaining but I digress. Seeing all of these threads should make certain staff members more active and pay more attention to the server but I have yet to see that happen.

Huge shoutout to all of the active staff members and I thank you for being as active as you are on an almost daily basis.

Phoenix, Kimme, Nessa and 17 others like this.
  3. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    From my point of view, they need a lot more mods. And, again from my point of view, there are many helpers who have deserved for a while to be promoted. There's like, 12 mods and mod+ combined. And, they're all not on at the same time, and that just doesn't work with a server that averages 1000+ players. Down to earth answer, and I'm not just saying this because of my application, but they need to promote more people. Sometimes you have to take risks, and this is one of those times when promoting people.

If there are more mods, then the community will be happier. It's obvious there's distraught throughout us about the amount of rule breakers/hackers. The solution to this, as I have said multiple times, is to trust and promote more people. I mainly mean promoting those who deserve it to being Mod. Demotion isn't the solution, as it lowers the amount of mods they have currently, and that number is already extremely low as it is. I already said this, but sometimes you have to take risks. This seems like one of those times.

4. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    Honestly, this thread couldn't tell it better. I agree with it 100 percent, and also what SMG said about promoting more people. There are plenty of people who play on this server very actively unlike some of the staff we have. And of course, no offense to them but having the excuse of "I have real life issues" is pathetic. We all have a life and giving that excuse just makes me think less of you. Other people have real life shit to go through too so don't worry, you're not the only one. One last thing about the staff I'd like to say is that I realize maintaining the position of being staff and having such responsibilities is hard but the least you can do is show some commitment to the server like you did when you first had gotten staff? After awhile of being staff it could be tiring and repetitive, I understand that, but applying to a staff position means you will have to commit to that "job" you have and the responsibilities that come with it. If you can't handle it, just retire, honestly. This community really needs those committed players that get on everyday and I hate to see them leave due to the lack of effort some staff members have put forth. This is only my opinion so anyone who reads it please don't feel offended or the need to argue or anything of sort, I'm only proving a point.

5. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    i think there's so many people who deserve to be promoted and i really hope that they are soon

6. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    Sadly, I don't think that will happen. Stuff like this happens all the time.

7. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    There are a lot of helpers atm, I would like to see some promoted. Possibly even new helpers. But definitely more mods.
    I have no real problem with staff, when I find hackers I simply /report them and record just incase, if no mods come then I report on the forums. They get banned either way. I want better games to play, like Skywars.

davidkaragezyan likes this.
  8. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Well first of all, it's the beginning of the school year for many staff members (doesn't cover all the inactivity obviously).

Second, promotions can't happen until the co-owner is active again.

9. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    First of all, this has been an issue for long enough and school coming up has nothing to do with it and secondly, just because Willy hasn't been active doesn't mean the staff team that are always on TS can maybe speak up? It doesn't hurt to have an opinion. Also, if you are a staff member that is reading this whole thread, just know that it's not only pointing towards you and that it's your fault specifically. This thread is pointed towards the team as a whole saying how you all might need to get your act together (hence the title of the thread) and maybe talk to each other about this. I suggest a staff meeting of some sort and start taking some action towards those who like to sit on TS and not help out around the server or even the forums.

IAMINACTIVEBYE, safoya299 and Kaylyn like this.
  10. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    i do think that the staff team is trying it's best, but to be completely honest, i really do agree with this thread, except the inactivity part.

inactivity is going to happen because school is starting up (for some). they shouldn't have to feel the need to resign because they're working on school work and can't constantly be on their computer. but, i really do believe that we need more promotions (new helpers, and new mods/mod+) and more active staff. a lot of the staff members are constantly on teamspeak, but i never see them on the server, and see them barley active on the forums. it honestly baffles me. there are SO many players that are so active on the server, forums, AND teamspeak and i think should be promoted, but it's not my place to really say anything.

continuing onto warnings, a few of my friends have been getting warned for the dumbest stuff lately, like making a simple joke that is literally not hurting anyone. i really think the server is going downhill fast, especially the past few months. staff really aren't doing their job as well as they should.

no one bash me pls
    its just my opinion

dinoceros and Joseph10003 like this.
  11. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

Theres a terrible hacking problem in kitpvp and there are so many times where hackers have made people log off or stay in spawn. In kitpvp, the amount of players that are active is half the amount it used to be and it is probably because if the hacker problem. There should be a way to handle this. So manystaff use like 90% of their j&h time on the forums or teamspeak and the other 10% on the server. The owners should look into people who are active ON THE SERVER before promoting people. Also I think there should be a helper+ rank that helpers get automatically in a month that allows helpers to ban because that would be A LOT more helpful.

12. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    Those who "sit at teamspeak" aren't always on the server because we have other things to do. You don't have /mods or the ability to see when staff are in vanish specatating, so you really don't know when we're online.
    School just started and there are several other reasons why every staff member can't be online 24/7.
    Some staff have limits on how long they can be on per day. Not their fault. Should they resign or be demoted for something like this out of their control? No.

We volunteer our time to spend on the server and forums. The threads are getting repetitive. Everyone is aware of the issues involving the staff team and we're working on a solution but the best thing I can tell you is to be patient. We're doing everything we can.
    Instead of complaining, if you really wanted to help out, you could make reports on the forums if there isn't a staff member online to take care of it.

Sofie, Kimme, TreeKillerMan and 18 others like this.
  13. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

u is good staff I msg u and u ban like 10 hackers tanks

14. BowDownItzKaleb

BowDownItzKaleb Never give up on your dreams.

Minecraft:
    FasterDOTcom
    I hate staffs just as much as you. I've had some friends unfairly banned because of them. Being in OITC and seeing someone get 20/0 and no one being there is kinda messed up. Yet I agree with you. This is why I think this server is going into a sink hole. I've Looked up to the staffs until I was unfairly banned. Honestly I think staffs are the Redcoats. I agree with everything.

15. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    I'm only speaking the truth about what I have witnessed while on the server. Being here as long as I have, I can definitely tell a difference between the staff team now then how it was before. Staff now are more inactive then how it used to be and I believe you and I can both agree on this. The difference is, now they can get away with being inactive. I feel like if a certain staff member was lacking or was showing little to no commitment before, they would be approached and talked to. Usually a problem like that would be resolved fairly quickly. Also, school isn't that much of a big issue as everyone makes it. We have thirteen and fourteen year old's as a staff members (don't mean to call anyone out) and they don't complain about school. Point is, the whole staff team aren't working on a huge school project that would cause them to be as inactive as they actually are. I understand that school might be an issue but at least give a notice to your loving community that you may be inactive or busy for awhile until stuff at home clear up? We just have to communicate to each other, not only staff to staff but to us as well. Also, when your community "complains", it usually means there's a problem within it and maybe you should recognize it. Like I said, only stating my opinion on the topic, don't feel the need to start anything between us.

16. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    I could respond in alot of ways but Ill stick to one theme Ive been noticing: assumptions.
    Both in the thread from last weekend and this one, players are making assumptions on what happens.
    Weather is an assumption on the fairness of someones ban, or how staff should act, or staff activity, its an assumption.
    You see often times you dont see us in game because we want it that way. If we are in tab hackers will turn there hacks off, and people being rude/inappropriate in chat will stop.
    Yes, sometimes mods are not on, but keep in mind we lost two mods from one timezone, that was already struggling.

And yes some staff are more active, but that does not mean that inactive staff should be demoted. As long as some contribution is being made, they still help. An example that a mod+ told me that even if a mod averages 1 ban per day, thats still 30 bans per month, which is 30 more bans then what we would have without that staff member.
    And because its volunteer its not like it hurts the server financialy.

Now there is a line, and demotions have been made before, but thats for extreme cases.
    What I do agree with is more mods/helpers. That would be helpful, but demoting people does not help.

17. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    I agree with what your saying Scout. I feel there is need for more staff that can contribute to the server well but demotions are certainly not necessary, just changes and improvements. Maybe an update here and there from our inactive friends.

18. davidkaragezyan

davidkaragezyan MeatBoy1

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy1
    Here we go again staff saying they are online but just not in tab menu then please explain why there are hackers getting on 80 kill streaks on kitpvp would you like to know why because staff aren't on or when the whole chat menu is being spammed with stupid shit what does that mean that staff aren't on and when you say we "volunteer" it dosen't give you the right to half ass your job. So please don't give me that bullshit My cousin records more hackers then these mods actually ban because when he /reports no one shows up, and when cingle replied saying this thread is getting repetitive well clearly the community is having a problem and yet the server hasn't done shit to fix it just giving us the same bullshit that staff are trying to fix themselves.

19. Smogg

Smogg ex-m.o.d Donator

Yes, a number of staff members has resigned recently, this impacting the community as a whole.

Most staff members are mostly active, yet other have legitimate reasons for not being able to contribute to the server on certain time periods (E.g - School exams, work, etc). I understand that there may be hackers per-say abusing the system, but unfortunately in reality, not every single moderator or staff member is available online at the same time, each and everything. Demotions won't help the cause either.

Let me assure you guys that the staff team does there very best to support the fellow players on the server. Most staff member have to juggle between both their real life world, and their time in which they spend assisting players on the server.

Overall, all staff members have the expectation of being online to be of aid to you guys on the server, but unfortunately like most of you guys, staff member have both obstacles personal and real life obstacles that can get in the way of the time in which they spend helping out on the server.

Joseph10003, Emma, taylorr and 8 others like this.
  20. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    This thread is 100% accurate. The job that staff have done as of recent, mostly the new batch, not pointing fingers, but the community knows who, has been ATROCIOUS.

I think it's time @MrDeathWilliam , @ItsJerry and @ItsHarry wake up to the situation. We lose popularity because of these hackers, and the insecurities. As of recent, the decisions I have heard and witnessed from staff have been appalling.

This is a wake up call.
    And you all need to realise it.

More people need promoted.
    More people need help.

Other wise we're going out without a bang, but a whimper.