Filled.

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Trisssy, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Should ItsJerryandharry Be English server only?

1. Heck Yeah!!!

23.5%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

11.8%
  4. No

58.8%
  5. Heck no!!!

5.9%
  1. Trisssy

Trisssy Tris | Aussie | Donator

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    Well I'm not sure about this but always when i play Skyblock there's always Turkish people playing and it's hard to buy stuff when they don't use english lol

It's a bit annoying.

TheBlockyInkling likes this.
  2. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    Well first of all, the reason why we have Turkish Players because of BugraaK who is a youtuber with 1 million subcribers which are Turkish players since BugraaK's channel is mainly in turkish.

I don't think making the server an "English only" zone, they might use freedom of speech excuse. We cannot blame them that they can't speak English, aren't we all here to have fun? Aren't we suppose to be social because its fun too? Well that's what turkish players want to happen.

Here's my tip in finding chest shops:
    When you see "market" then it means chest shop.

MC_Scout likes this.
  3. Trisssy

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    Yeah I understand that but it gets annoying a bit.

4. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
    Get used to it. They'll eventually decrease lol

5. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Sorry but we should not be isolating a large group of our player base because it's an inconvenience to a small group of people.

6. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    There was actually a rule for this. Players were instantly muted for speaking in foreign languages, but this was removed about 13 months ago.

Honestly, if they want to speak in their languages, I think they should be allowed to do so. They're not harming the server or upsetting anyone else's gameplay :)

7. Trisssy

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    True that.

8. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    As Sirius said, about a year ago we actually had a rule for the exact same thing you are trying to discuss in this thread. When we had this rule in effect, it caused a lot of problems with communication and just made the whole situation go from bad to worse. It is better that you just leave them and let them speak their own language. If you're going to attempt to make an english server and then there's foreigners who like the server. They see the "english-only rule" sign. To them, it's a huge insult which basically says "go away, we do not want you in our community".

Personally, I think that no, players shouldn't be warned/muted because they cannot speak english. It is not our fault if you don't know turkish. Don't like it? Well, unfortunately, you'll have to deal with it. We can't change things that are for the better of you, and not others. Sorry but it's life, and you'll have to go along with it.

Besides, we need these players. If we just kept this rule, then the amount of turkish players would drastically fall.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016