Factions seasons should be longer :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheRedFin, Mar 4, 2019.

1. 123GamerRDT123

123GamerRDT123

yo wth is this lie, you litterally make ur base the first week, nd then you just start grinding money. Aint hard br0 you just got more competition now when some people came back lol

2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Since the payout, Factions has averaged 4-5 people online.

Where are all the supporters of this suggestion?

3. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    Vocal minority. Silent majority.

4. 123GamerRDT123

123GamerRDT123

I suggest you to enable printer in schematica for 1 map and look if more players will play.

5. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Yeah of course. While we're at it let's also enable fightbot and x-ray. Then people could let the game be played for them! I can create a full faction of accounts that don't even have players!

Amandq, Soap and Skillz like this.
  6. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    Why is Printer not allowed? How is it an "unfair advantage". Every faction server out there allows printer. Is it an unfair advatange because "not everyone has it so it will be unfair"?

Better Sprint / ToggleSprint is allowed, which provides a very large advantage over people who do not have it. If someone doesn't have it and is fighting someone who does, that's a disadvantage.
    The same thing is happening here with Printer, so if you aren't going to allow printer, might as well blacklist all the other mods that provide advantages over players who aren't using it.

If you're saying its just doing it for them, printer is basically only used for cannons, which are very very hard to make especially by hand. Maybe make a rule where its only allowed for building cannons.
    [​IMG]
    Building cannons like this, especially 3 wall shots and everything to do with the barrels, is not an easy thing to do by hand.

Theres already genbuckets that **automatically** build the walls for them. Might as well remove those too since its doing something for someone.

plorbiand likes this.
  7. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    We're quite off topic. If you want to make a huge to do about printer, I suggest making your own thread.

Toggle sprint is a huge advantage, because sprinting is so hard to do in Minecraft? Sorry, I can't get behind this logic. I mean sure, it provides a big speed advantage on creative. #BlacklistItNow

I mean, Kill-Aura is primarily used at mob grinders where it gets incredibly tedious and straining to the hand to click constantly. Maybe we could also make a rule to allow mob-aura only inside of private faction grinders?

To be clear, I'm not fully against the idea of Printer being allowed. But let's not pretend it's the same as allowing ToggleSprint or Gen Buckets. If you want my honest opinion, I think it'd be cooler to have a Schematic plugin built into the server that drops the schematics at Koths. Then you could get your Printer without having to be the one building (could start the build and go on about other things), have a reason to fight at koths to get cannon schematics, and it can validate that you have the required materials and take them from you on launch. This just sounds more appealing to me, but hey, you want what you want.

Amandq and Skillz like this.
  8. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Placing blocks is so hard? Because that’s all the printer is.
    And no killaura is used in pvp. Autoclickers are used at grinders

9. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Printer takes complex block placement and makes it as easy as being afk. So yes. It's hard. Wasn't there just a big discussion mocking faction players fo placing blocks wrong? :)

10. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Complex is making them face a certain direction?
    Printer isn’t such a game breaking thing. Many other factions servers use it
    And if ur talking about peedogs making their base wrong that had nothing to do with block placement, only the design of the base being flawed. If not, I’d like to know what happened

11. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    So, here is what comes out of all this discussion:
    Printer should be added because it's not different than Toggle Sprint. Add printer, it only places blocks for you! Other factions servers allow it!

There is no substance to this suggestion. On the contrary, printer is incredibly time saving and takes a large item like a cannon that needs to be built a certain way in order to function properly and turns it into a 1-click afk task. No matter how many times you toggle sprint on or off, the mod isn't running around and killing shit for you. You still have to do all that on your own and put in the effort yourself.

IF ANYONE wants Printer mod added, my advice would be to STOP posting in this thread about it, where it's off topic and should be deleted, and go make a suggestion thread with substance on WHY it would be beneficial and WHY it should be added. Not how it compares to Toggle Sprint or Gen Buckets, but how it would actually benefit the server without giving disadvantages to players that don't have it.

Now please, stop with the replies in this thread unless they are ON TOPIC.

Smg likes this.
  12. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

So you want me to write an essay on why it should be added

13. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    No, I want someone to make a point that has validity in a thread that isn't someone else' topic.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  14. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    @creeper1561 They clearly want things their own way, which I understand.

Move onto an actual real factions server like DecimatePvP. Jovanhon already plays there and his faction just won ftop 1 (Flamingos)

15. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I gave a clear alternative to your suggestion that would give you want you want, and advised on how to actually pitch a suggestion (which someone else tried to do for you) and this is all you can come back with? And people say it's the IJAH staff that don't listen.

t3mptr3s and Smg like this.
  16. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    hmj, Soap and t3mptr3s like this.
  17. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Payout is the unofficial end of the map, you know that right?
    Nobody sticks around after that
    The proposal would to extend payout time and subsequently increase map time
    Also I never personally agreed with a statement, it was in defense of my friend. I only pointed out a fact as the maps have been constantly getting shorter to the point where one can assume that the map would reset within the time frame of a week as per the usual last reset. The downtime in between is so that you dont have to constantly reset factions at a specified date that was announced as the payout day.

18. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    If you mean one thing, you can't write another thing.

What I read is "the map is too short", but apparently now it means "the payout is too quick".

You "defending" your friend with a snarky reply makes you guilty by association.

And yes, the resets have been getting shorter, because people stop playing.

hmj, Soap, t3mptr3s and 1 other person like this.
  19. ZappyFB

ZappyFB BEST US Donator

Minecraft:
    Zapay
    I believe that 1 month, as it has been now, is enough time. Thanks owners.
    --- Post merged ---
    goodbye jerry and harry, lovely server I'll never forget

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    ItsJerry likes this.