Factions seasons should be longer :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheRedFin, Mar 4, 2019.

1. TheRedFin

TheRedFin God

Minecraft:
    TheRedFinYT
    They should be longer because people buy real life money it should just be longer :D
    PLEASE MAKE IT LONGER <3

Respond IF you Agree

2. Aran

Aran Donator

From what I have noticed, most people get bored of factions after playing a season for 2-4 weeks. Besides that, having a payout once every 4 weeks and then a factions reset a few days after, gives every player a chance to get to the top 5 and win a giftcard in every season, and it keeps factions alive as a minigame itself. If we had longer lasting factions seasons, players would end up losing their motivation to get to the top in other seasons, which would decrease the player count of the minigame as a result of it.

Also, no minigame-related purchases that you make on here are permanent ones. They are only meant just so you'd have fun playing the minigame for a certain amount of time. Disagreed.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    123GamerRDT123, Amandq and ItsJerry like this.
  3. ItsSteveX

ItsSteveX What is a BB code?

Minecraft:
    iCxnadian
    You bearly even play anyway lol.

4. TheRedFin

TheRedFin God

Minecraft:
    TheRedFinYT
    XD thats a lie

5. ZappyFB

ZappyFB BEST US Donator

Minecraft:
    Zapay
    This map was just like the last, terrible. People are losing their money and not getting it back, what's the fun in playing a pay to win factions server? You have no time to build up money, create a base, or invite members. All you can do is buy your way throughout the map because the owners have no care what so ever. Thank you.

6. TheRedFin

TheRedFin God

Minecraft:
    TheRedFinYT
    Exactly

7. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    You already said in your other suggestion thread that the map is too short.

As far as I can tell it hasn't reset yet and no reset has been announced, so what is it you are actually complaining about? Make up your mind

SassyOrange_, ItsSteveX and Aran like this.
  8. TheRedFin

TheRedFin God

Minecraft:
    TheRedFinYT
    The last map was only 5 weeks long and I was trying to see if they could get longer they used to be

9. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

We both know full well after the payout it’s gonna get reset in 1 week

10. TheRedFin

TheRedFin God

Minecraft:
    TheRedFinYT
  11. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Anyone have a suggested length of time for the faction season? If 5 weeks is too short, is 8 weeks okay? 12?

I'm asking because the last faction map was the first faction map that players seemed to continue interest in factions after 1 month passed and it was suggested to us to shorten factions seasons to around 6 weeks from the previous of 4-6 months.

What do you think is ideal and why?

12. ItsSteveX

Minecraft:
    iCxnadian
    Last season right after payout was given. Litterally everyone quit. Tbh i never really hear anyone else talk about wanting to lengthen the season. We had maps for like 6+ months and shit gets boring. This was litteraly the reason why its like this in the first place. :P

Aran and ItsJerry like this.
  13. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    we reset when it's necessary. just because one time it was 5 weeks it suddenly means it's always going to be 5 weeks lol?

btw seems all your suggestions are met with other players who are against it...

SassyOrange_ and Aran like this.
  14. ZappyFB

ZappyFB BEST US Donator

Minecraft:
    Zapay
    I believe it should be 12 weeks, as Ezzerland stated. This gives players time, and it's not too long.

Amandq likes this.
  15. Amandq

Amandq lil’ bby Donator

Minecraft:
    Amandq
    I’m going to be honest here, I don’t play much factions anymore so I don’t know how valid what I’m saying is, but this is based off of my previous experience with faction servers.

Having a factions server with a payout, followed by reset after 3 months (12 weeks) is very rewarding. This is a great amount of time for huge raid wars to spark between factions and factions to become stronger. Anything more than quarter-yearly gets quite boring, since people can’t top the best factions so resetting/paying out before the fall of people’s entertainment would keep people engaged and ready for the next season to begin.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    hmj, hubbo and t3mptr3s like this.
  16. hubbo

hubbo r.i.p. daniel johnston Donator

Minecraft:
    lollmaolollmao / zoinkus
    as a semi-active factions player (on other servers), i can say that farming up cash and getting to the top over a long period is much more fun than building a temp base and then the server resetting after a month. i think 12 weeks would be a pretty okay time for resets. it would give players a few weeks to farm and then a few months to raid, rather than maybe doing 2 raids then all ur progress is reset. it's not very fun.

ItsJerry and Amandq like this.
  17. zReverse

zReverse Donator

Minecraft:
    zPolseh
    even if it was 30 weeks, there would be no way that any clan could pass clan KoB. We can make almost a billion within 2 days.

18. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

i mean you could get raided but cannons don’t work

19. ItsSteveX

Minecraft:
    iCxnadian
    Yeah... we could get raided

20. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland