Factions Reset - Thread intended for server owners

Discussion in 'Hardcore Factions' started by zee_man, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zee_man

zee_man Just havin' fun! Faction Leader - KoB IGN: zmanmz Donator

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Ok, so factions died earlier than normal this reset. 3 months. Last week a bunch of people quit (they said caught for duping and maybe were banned / maybe it's all a lie - doesn't matter) and that led to even more people quitting.

Since this map is dead and the server is having issues with getting new donators and $$$ to keep running, I think you can generate interest in Factions again just be doing a reset with zero changes. This means little to no work for you other than deleting the saved world and letting a new one generate (I assume you would world edit spawn / warzone into the new world).

Very little effort and should bring back people again. Same rules as before (1 week with no kits or power).
    The sooner the better since map 6 is dead.

BTW, I like the pay for unban idea. I mentioned it to several mods that I thought it would be a good idea to generate revenue. You're welcome. :-) This may seem unrelated to this thread, but it is related. Will someone who is perm banned be able to at least buy one unban? It could be a new chance / new beginning for a few players to come back if they want to. What do you have to lose if "the server is dying"?

[EDIT] Ok, there is one change we all want. Being able to sell gold nuggets - add to shop / bulk shop. All other mob droppings can be sold and you can't sell gold nuggets from a gold farm without crafting them into ingots.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    RulerofMobs, 5hinau, ItsHarry and 2 others like this.
  2. ItsSteveX

ItsSteveX What is a BB code?

Minecraft:
    Lil_Canadian
    Yeah just something simple

3. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    4 people are blacklisted at this time, they know who they are. All others are able to buy an unban.

And are there suggestions to what can be done to make Factions not die so quickly this time?

KOTH options:
    a) revert to arenas in warzone
    b) change to a random "crate drop" in warzone
    c) remove it entirely
    d) something else

I hear people wanting spawners back? Don't really see how that's supposed to fix the mycelium AFK issue when you literally just AFK near spawners

Gold nuggets can be taken care of

Progtrash likes this.
  4. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Thanks! for the nuggets!

Some people arenas back so they can try to knock and run when out numbered by factions without a lot of people on. I personally like the new koth so I would say try a vote on that - if you are willing to do some work to change it (i was trying to make this really easy for you guys). One thing I didn't like with this KOTH was when the arena was made so much bigger. People are just running long enough (20 seconds) then logging out. It may be people just want different spots... in which case maybe you can take the old koth spots and world edit them into their own dimension like was done for this koth, but still keep it out of the normal overworld. The separate dimension also prevents ANY pre-pearling at all - even 30 seconds. So I for one would keep the areans the same. I certainly wouldn't get rid of it - it is the one time lots of people get on while the map is active. BTW, I don't know why you mean by random create drop.

A number of people asked for Spawners - just like last reset. BAD IDEA! Unless like I said last time.. you make mob droppings worthless (gunpower from creepers, rods from blaze). The 3rd map was the worst for the economy. Everyone was rich quick, PVPed with 3-4 god sets and a stack of gapples. There would be even more AFK than there is now (just like you wrote) and the map would die quicker (in my opinion)! I don't think you need to re-vote on this or even discuss it in a thread, just look at the last couple of reset threads the comments and opinions haven't changed.

Anyway.. the biggest thing that generates interest is just doing the reset. That was why I suggested doing it "as is". That in combination with perhaps a few players coming back that were perm banned (hopfeully without blatant hacking) could make it interesting again.

Another money source would be one other suggestion. We have mycel (unless you change), nuggets will make gold farms more viable, some people do cactus.. even though they don't sell for much. Maybe increase the price of melons or sugar cane. There will always be AFK farms and people trying to create a way to do it... so you have to accept that.

Thanks for listening!

5. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    your perspective might be biased though, if you're part of one of the stronger factions, you'll like it that people aren't able to run away, while if you're in a small faction it makes it hard to do anything without dying instantly

and with random crate drop i mean like 30 minutes before the drop the coords are announced and it will spawn there with some kind of capping mechanism, i'm not sure myself either

zee_man likes this.
  6. GlowInTheDark

GlowInTheDark Thought I was an atheist, til I realized I'm a god Donator

Minecraft:
    DeoxysSpeed/DeoxysAttack/GlowInTheDark3
    For KOTH, I'd say kind of like the current one, one where you can't just run and trap, but one with a bit more landscape (possibly just the natural end could work, no running without dying, and no trapping.

And for the spawners, my personal favourite map was map 2, it had spawners and you could just afk creeper spawners if you wanted, I personally enjoyed it since it meant I could pvp tons, plus it meant that raiding someone meant you got more stuff than just a couple of sets. Right now, raiding isn't that important since you can't exactly make money from raiding really. Not much point of raiding. With spawners, factions is more competitive and pvp is more frequent and raiding is more worth it. However, so they aren't completely OP you would have to do things like banning auto-water of spawners (basically when you get into a base, redstone activates dispensers which poor water over your spawners so they can't be raided, and you would need to make sure the spawners can't be duped or anything, or anything too OP (maybe no drops from falling, only items drop from actually killing mobs?).

And for the making factions not die quickly, maybe a prize for ftop, lots of servers give out buycraft/paypal for the faction on the top of ftop at the end of the map. Could give more incentive to playing factions!

7. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    I completely agree that I may be biased, which is why I suggested a vote. I see prose and cons. I thought the new way was supposed to make it harder to cap so people couldn't just knock and run. It did do that at the beginning and lots of koths went to the end with no one capping. Once people starting being inactive, it definitely made it easier to cap if you had the numbers.

The random create drop sounds really interesting! :-)

Also interesting.. but how does the server decide who gets the prize when you have multiple people in a faction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
  8. GlowInTheDark

GlowInTheDark Thought I was an atheist, til I realized I'm a god Donator

Minecraft:
    DeoxysSpeed/DeoxysAttack/GlowInTheDark3
    Most servers just do the leader

zee_man likes this.
  9. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Ok. If they did that, I hope it is something I could give to faction members. Most kids don't have paypal.. and in game perks can't be given to another person. I think it is a good idea, but for me personally it doesn't really matter (which is why I would give it away assuming I am leader of a faction still).

10. creeper1561

creeper1561

Hello harry

Ok so

The more events = the better
    Koth should be in wz because koth not in wz was pure cancer as cheaters/large factions ruled the entire server
    Supply drop sounds cool, but i cant tell if it will be like a envoy or a actual event
    A boss mob would be cool, eggs could be won out of event crates or bought from the store (extra revenue)
    A major thing with is it that it should actully be HARD for top tier factions. Boss mobs should be able to kill a single player with ease. Boss mobs should also not be able to be trapped in player claims as they should get tped back into wz if the server detects if they are stuck

Also here is the major difference with spawners

Mycil farm
    Big
    Cost alot to make (hoppers can be alot)
    Need 2 accounts to afk
    Nothing gained from raiding them (unless you want to hinder your enemy’s money gain)
    No way to find them

Spawners
    Smaller
    Depends how expensive the spawners are put at
    1 account for afk
    The spawners are gained when raiding (spawners should have a chance to drop when blown up
    Really big ones will have lots of entites so the entity method can be of use

The main reason faction died

Cheaters
    Thats why i stopped playing, stuff did happen with the fac but we were basically gone before that.

Couple of things to mention:
    Worlddownload should be allowed:
    Makes unclaimed bases not as impossible to find
    Helps to line up cannons
    You might say “oh xrayers will be more prominent” but if people just built claimed bases they would be fine
    But then with claimed bases its legit impossible to make a unglitchable one as there is always that one thing you forget and its cancer

Atm bases are unraidable due to enchantmenttable chests
    So make it so that you can open chests in anybodys territory
    This will remove Ench table chests and Droppers from almost unraidable without certian glitches/tricks. This will also make it so that you dont have to waste money on ceggs for chests with leather/nothing

Lightning stick yay

What they do is they let leaders choose who gets what

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
  11. Manecas_PT

Manecas_PT Donator

Minecraft:
    ImPortuguese
    The truth is that this server is miles back from all the other faction servers in every aspect...

12. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    @ItsHarry Can you add it now to the shop? :-)

13. Lars

Lars FadKidsUnited

Minecraft:
    ItsLarsa
    IF you actually bring back spawners make the "best" Spawner fucking OVERPRICED, i am talking about 1 mil / 2 mil. So the server lasts longer.
    and just make it so that it WE CAN BLOW THEM UP !!!
    idk if that is hard or not

Maybe make Special kit a thing so we have some reasons to donate.. .
    For e.g. make a creeper egg kit and make ceggs expensive, like 50 k each.

or a p5 kit where you get every 3 days a p5 book.

make the kits based on the season, so only for this season. idk. I would still buy it, and big servers do the same,

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    5hinau, Lone, zee_man and 1 other person like this.
  14. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    One thing that has to change.. if you can. When people login they get about 5 seconds that they don't take damage. I've seen people logout and run all the way to their traps 5 seconds at a time. Please try and fix this so when someone logs in they can be hit immediately.

15. creeper1561

creeper1561

Just make it so you cant move in those invincibilty seconds

16. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    No, you should be able to be hit as soon as your visible and be combat tagged (if this change is possible). You shouldn't be able to login and see who is still around that might kill you for 4-5 seconds then logoff again. Maybe a 30 second combat tag would help a bit.. but I'm not sure.

17. Lone

Lone Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    xLone
    I believe that's something with Minecraft it's self and I have no idea if they'd be able to fix that issue

18. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    Factions is dead ngl, servers are out here offering $5k ftop, and not even those servers make profit or get any players they’d be lucky to get 100 players on a school day, factions has just died in general dude lol

19. zee_man

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Bummer! Can someone who plays on other servers confirm? I don't play factions except here.

20. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Can you elaborate on this? They require fewer TNT hits than obsidian

Should the number be changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.