EULA sale

Discussion in 'News' started by ItsHarry, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 [Helper] Mental Instability's Manifestation Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    While I dislike this, I realize there is not much we can do to stop this. But anyways, if it is only for 1.9.3+, then I'm fine with not updating... :3

2. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    Mojang just can't make the right choices now a days.

3. Contemptible

Contemptible | 2 Year Vet | | Former Mod | Donator

Minecraft:
    Contemptible
    Hey Mojang! Idea! Make a service for servers, and any server that wants to not go by the EULA, can pay for their server. Forget using mcprohosting or whatever, and use their service.

What exactly do we lose? Anything NOT cosmetic.

This being
    • Kits
    • Perks in any mini-game
    • Enchant & fix (?)
    Cosmetics
    • Fly
    • Disguise
    • Pets
    • Gadgets
    • Special islands (?)

TreeKillerMan and StarlightFox like this.
  4. StarlightFox

StarlightFox Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFox/StarTheGhost
    It seems like a lot of you guys are worried that you won't have game advantages that you get for paying money anymore.
    Most of these advantages, like having /fly in survival or getting prot 4 without any effort, are unfair to players who can't pay or don't have access to their/their parent's credit card. Plus you get way ahead in the game without putting in any effort.

Where's the fun in that?

Enforcing the EULA means you need to play the game to get ahead, instead of just buying your way to the top. It may not be favorable for some, but the game wasn't meant to have micro-transactions.

You can't just buy your way to the top in the real world. You need to work in order to have money. You should need to work to get good armor in factions.
    If you don't want to play the game without buying your armor with real money, then maybe you shouldn't play it.

What I'm concerned about is that despite the game being fully playable without micro-transactions, donations are going to slow down. Meaning server is at risk of losing the funds it needs.
    I have two ideas for this:

• Lower the prices of some of the remaining store items permanently, which will encourage people to buy them because they're cheap, but if people do not buy them may lead to less profit.
    • Make the prices higher, which will net the server more money with each donation, but people will be less encouraged to buy them.
    Of course, it's not ultimately up to me.

Also, question for Harry in particular: Seeing as you guys do monetize your Youtube channels (I asked Jerry about this some time ago and he told me yes. Go to the fifth or sixth page on his profile if you don't believe me lol) are they profitable enough for you to put some of it away to keep the server running if worse comes to worst? I don't know what you guys use the money for but this could be a good investment if you don't already do it.

SawyerKIDRED, Kiz, Tomyz and 8 others like this.
  5. JULTAR100

JULTAR100 Donator

I just wrote a thread about this.... darn you XD

anyway, like I said in my thread (http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads...about-the-eula-please-read.91265/#post-868237)

this is why it should be removed
    why buy the game with no intention of playing it??

this is a game, you brought it to play it and get to the top
    not pay someone else to stick you up there
    what the point in the game then??

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    StarlightFox likes this.
  6. Orangegirl2003

Orangegirl2003 Orangegirl2003

Minecraft:
    Orangegirl2003
    OMG, will this reset skyblock because I don't want it to I have been playing itsjerryandharry for 3 years and had my skyblock for that long please don't reset it its me and my best friends memorys

7. Kxmiy

Kxmiy ◤(¬‿¬)◥ | Helper Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Kxmiy
    wat? your skyblock island isn't gonna be deleted, only the store is going to have 50% off on all things

8. Kiz

Kiz Donator

Minecraft:
    Kizward
    Um none of the servers are going to be reset..

Haruld and LordeJerry like this.
  9. Orangegirl2003

Orangegirl2003 Orangegirl2003

Minecraft:
    Orangegirl2003
    Omg fhew I thought they would omg thanks so much sorry for oever reacting I just love this sever

10. Quazee137

Quazee137

Jerry , Harry I have a way to use the resource pack for running videos i.e. advertisements.Tried to see if Google wanted to make use of it but no reply. So you could use them only in areas where cost needs to be offset. Players going to a so called pay zone would only see the ads as they went to it.

One other question would selling my island and/or plots to me as a download go bad with the Micro$off EULA?

Thanks for running a GREAT set of servers.
    Quazee137

11. Dirtbikes95

Dirtbikes95 Got banned, add Skype at OuterRim95 for insight.

i love eula

iParis, Denisvenom9, Lucario and 2 others like this.
  12. Ninjalachlan5

Ninjalachlan5 I'm not a frog

Minecraft:
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Ninjalachlan5 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thank God Tyler and I are leaving.

13. KateWasHere

KateWasHere You're my pride and joy :)

Minecraft:
    KateeEe
    Idk if you have watched the latest drama alert (lmao i suck sorry) but according to drama alert mojang said thay they are removing side network servers, which means that if a youtuber is running a server it will be deleted idk man :(

14. StarlightFox

StarlightFox Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFox/StarTheGhost
    This doesn't seem right. Can you link the video and say the time he said this?

15. KateWasHere

KateWasHere You're my pride and joy :)

Minecraft:
    KateeEe
    Yea sure lemme go back to it and find it where he says it

Ugh i think the video got deleted I watched it this morning if it got deleted i dont think the information was valid lmao

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  16. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s Spectator Extraordinaire Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Right now it's just speculation.

17. SmashCloud

SmashCloud That Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    SmashCloud
    Don't worry, /fly is cosmetical.

18. iParis

iParis //

I support Eula.

19. nooneinparticular

nooneinparticular Professionalist I Ninja vanish

Minecraft:
    Ollee_
    For once, a long plan of mine is to make the server fair for everyone, I've no idea how many times people has left due to being unfair and I can agree on it, by us donators we get a boost if they're comming new mini-games or resets, making us faster then defauls, I'm honestly happy for J&H to change it become not Pay2Win anymore, making it more fun for non-donators, as I've seen it too often, and people disagreeing on it, let me say this, do you want a game where you must pay to win things? like pvp fights or getting better gear? you don't? well that's the thing with the eula making it so you've the same chance of everything to win or lose, and now we've too relise to make it nicer to people that can't spend money online or won't due to they think it's unfair for defauls having their eyes on them, and I want to prove that most communitys are also changing to make minecraft a whole not "pay4win" more like "play4win" and we can't change that thing but that's my honest opinion about this thread and the new eula and their rules, only hope J&H will earn enough money from buying non good things.

Eyy? no I don't think it is as it's more like pay4win as you can use it on skyblock etc making it easier to do other things as building and using it to other things, though I've to point this out, fly isn't cosmetical they said themself in the eula thread.

Tomyz likes this.
  20. SmashCloud

SmashCloud That Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    SmashCloud
    Fly is cosmetical because you can travel more faster and yea it's useful for building but it's not pay4win. And one of the moderator already stated that /fly is cosmetical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.