Endless friends list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Doofus, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Doofus

Doofus Donator

Minecraft:
    [GOD] 8s1
    Guys, this is a little rant more of a suggestion, but I would really appreciate it if you read.

Whenever I try to add some1 as a friend, the same thing happens, "My list is full" they respond, and tbh, I don't think you should need to buy more list space. I was thinking we can make it unlimited, I don't see why not. Well, say opinions, hate comments are fine too.

2. Draggon

Draggon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    I like the idea, but it probably won't happen :/

3. Witha

Witha Witha :P Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    I mean I personally have bought like 6 friends list expansions so I agree. On the other hand I see why we have you purchase them.

postmelon, ThatOneMark and Draggon like this.
  4. AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake Donator

Minecraft:
    AbductedSnake
    This isn't a good idea because the server not make as much money. The friend list max without an expander is enough and if you want an upgrade then you can just buy it.

Radii likes this.
  5. JCPlays_

JCPlays_ Donator

Minecraft:
    JCPlays_
    I agree. My list used to be full. I had to be clearing friends over and over again

ThatOneMark likes this.
  6. aundreezy

aundreezy Aund Donator

Minecraft:
    aundreezy
    I like the idea, but I don't think the server could handle everyone having 150+ friends all talking in /fr at the same time.

Messiah, postmelon and NorthEastQueen like this.
  7. Untuned

Untuned I untune the tunes Donator

Minecraft:
    Untuned
    I agree, but everyone having 150+ friends would be a problem. Maybe they can add an auto-remove feature which removes friends who haven't been on in X days.

8. Jojii

Jojii lmao lit fam xddddddddd Donator

Minecraft:
    :)
    I would agree with this. but the problem is that ijah won't make that much money and ive bought thousands of them i think so if everyone gets max friends list we would have spent our money on nothing

Stellarite, t3mptr3s and aundreezy like this.
  9. spoopy

spoopy halloween bs ◈ ❤∂εαтнℓεss❤ Donator

Minecraft:
    SpoopyAspen
    This would be a good idea, except you need to understand the problems that the server will face if it gets implemented.
    1. Not purchasing more space, equals less money for the server. It's that simple. If no people purchase, then less money would go into the server's funds.
    2. The lag with all of your friends on. Imagine this: Unlimited slots, about.. 100 pages of friends? Imagine if 75 of your friends are online. It would turn into a warzone with lag.
    Sorry, but I'm gonna disagree.

10. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Honestly, I like having the excuse that my friend list is full to keep from being pestered by annoying people.

Can you imagine the amount of spam?

11. Progoween

Progoween |Mod|❤αѕρєη❤ Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Progtrash
    I'm going to have to disagree with this one.

Pros:
    You can add anyone at any time without spending money on more friend slots and you won't have to remove people to add new people.

Cons:
    No profit for the server, possible lag, (like we all do a lot) you won't be able to say that you have no room to add someone you don't know/like.

It IS a good suggestion but I don't think it's really agreeable in my opinion. It won't hurt to spend a couple of dollars to buy more friend slots too.

postmelon, Mookey and spoopy like this.
  12. Daantbh

Daantbh a'ight Donator

Minecraft:
    BxsicYeet
    I do like the idea, since it gives players a chance to exceed this limit which makes it alot more convenient. However that would slightly annoy people who have already paid money to add slots to their friends list, only to find out it's now free, also, like everyone in this thread has said, this will decrease the amount of revenue the server recieves, so i'm 50/50 with this one.

I don't think this would cause lag if it was to be implemented, since the friends list is shown in pages of around 7 players per page and not just one big list that totally spams your chat, although the chat in /fr would be a right nuisance indeed.

13. tence3000

tence3000 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Adding on to what everyone has said, what would happen to all the people who have already bough friend list extensions?
    You can't transfer them onto another perk as it wouldn't be fair on the buyer as well.
    As much as I'd personally like it, it wouldn't benefit everyone therefore
    I disagree.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  14. Costellon

Costellon �Digital Artist� Donator

Minecraft:
    � Costellon �
    it'll never happen.

people love money.

ThatOneMark likes this.
  15. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Money keeps the server up.

Mookey, Meme, tence3000 and 1 other person like this.
  16. spoopy

spoopy halloween bs ◈ ❤∂εαтнℓεss❤ Donator

Minecraft:
    SpoopyAspen
    With /fr going insane, then lag happens. If there is an explosion of chat, then it is hard to read anything. Sure, it could just be annoying, but have you thought about the people with old, laggy computers?

17. Daantbh

Daantbh a'ight Donator

Minecraft:
    BxsicYeet
    I do agree with you, I'd suggest maybe extending the current default limit by about 10? This wouldn't effect people who have bought more space either, since it only increases the default space amount.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  18. Messiah

Messiah Deputy round' these parts Donator

Minecraft:
    TrueMessiah
    Disagree for all reasons stated above. If you don't want to remove people but still want to be friends with a new person, just ask for their discord or something.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  19. Raslink

Raslink ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Donator

Minecraft:
    Raslink and quq
    Yup I agree, really frustrating adding people and having "Your friend list is full." read out to you on your screen when you own the highest rank. Not even 5 extra friend slots? Come on..

postmelon and Zak like this.
  20. Thwiyte

Thwiyte OG Premium Donator

Minecraft:
    Thwiyte
    Eh I disagree, But I don't have this problem :P I only accept friend invites from people I know.