End of an Era - Adventure Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Smg, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Adventure Time finally closed the doors recently when they aired their series finale, finally wrapping up everything and giving us a final goodbye to the land of Ooo. As children, my brother and I loved this show. We enjoyed every single new episode and were never late to the viewing party. Good ol days of being young, shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show helped defined our childhood, man.

But, all good things have to come to an end. The show has been running for 8 more years and as the children who started watching this show in their youth grew up as my brother and I have, the creators finally decided it was time to call it. Adventure Time was a special show, and one factor that I think showed this was that right after the release of a very heartfelt video of the conclusion of the series by the Cartoon Network Youtube channel, the video hit #1 trending. It's gone down a few spots but this shows that it was just even in that category: http://prntscr.com/kr1m91

I teared up watching the video and I'm proud to admit it, although as I've gotten older I have moved away from cartoons in general. I'm 17 years old and I teared up at the finale of a show that helped define my childhood. I'm also proud that I'm not alone in that manner as others have come out and admitted and explained how influential Adventure Time was for us children back then in the early 2010s.

Thanks for everything, Finn and Jake. This is only the end of one adventure and I know both of you will be going on many more in the future. We all love you.

[​IMG]

2. j0sef

j0sef resigned Donator

hit em with the

Smg and momand like this.
  3. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I was very surprised to have seen that they kissed and are a couple in the series before it all ended. As a kid I never thought that they liked each other in any way shape or form except for a few episodes, one including the puzzle Marceline, Finn, Bubblegum, and Jake had to go through in one of the earlier seasons. Not disappointed though, this has to be one of the biggest LGBT showings in cartoon history and really shows how far their community has come.

Senchies likes this.
  4. Zyleno

Zyleno

This reminds me of club penguin:(

Smg likes this.
  5. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Was watching this in homeroom period with my friend and our classmates were asking us why tf we were teary-eyed.

We showed this video to them and they too ended up teary-eyed.

Zyleno and Smg like this.
  6. Odilon

Odilon Donator

makes so emotional :((
    the good old days of coming home with no worries n just turning on cartoon network n following jake the dog n fin the human. the kids now days will never know :(((

Smg likes this.
  7. NoThisIsAmanda

NoThisIsAmanda manda Donator

Minecraft:
    Ayymanda
    their kiss was the best thing that's ever happened

Smg likes this.