Do you support marijuana legalization?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by PhantomStar, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
?

Title.

1. Yes, for recreation and medicine

2. Only for medicinal purposes

3. Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    With the new trend of political threads I thought I’d make my own, though this is a much lighter issue imo.

I personally agree with marijuana legalization for both medicinal and recreational purposes. If you asked me 2 years ago I would have said the opposite but I’ve done my research since then lol

Marijuana, while not completely harmless, has been proven to be much less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol, which are both legal. Edible marijuana even less harmful to the lungs and usually more potent.
    With all this in mind, it should absolutely be legalized all across the world. And lucky for us, legal in Canada by 2018 :grin:

I know some of you probably already smoke weed, but I personally do not. I’d prefer to eat it in a cookie or smth and I don’t even do that right now lol

capsa and Sakujo like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    There's enough reasons for it to be legalized such as medical reasons so I vote yes
    Regarding some people wanting this drug to be legalized so they can become "High", then you do you but know that doing those sorts of drugs have the potential to mess up your life big time. I'm thankfully unable to smoke anything due to asthma.

3. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

no but in all seriousness, i don't see too much wrong with it. i know it can ruin lives and cause people to do things like rob stores, but that is only because it's not controlled. as long as it's in moderation and it's controllable, it's fine by me! i missed something 100% i know so reply with shit i got wrong

PhantomStar likes this.
  4. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

If it is legalized, it should be highly regulated. Marijuana still does have some negative effects. Smoking marijuana reduces the gray matter in the brain, and messes with your dopamine tolerance levels, pushing it much further. As a result, this can lead to depression. Also, getting high from weed also disorients you, so it’s another thing to look out for, just like how we have to look out for those who are drunk.

KaiserVenom, PhantomStar and Smg like this.
  5. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    I disagree with legalisation outright since I think that society in general should be trying to limit the amount of harmful drugs that are allowed recreationally - not increase it. And marijuana isn't harmless.

Saying that, I agree with medicinal usage as long as there is a clear medical reason for allowing it (which appears to exist for the most part)

KaiserVenom and vipa like this.
  6. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Marijuana is just a gateway to people using more dangerous drugs.

7. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    I only agree with medicinal usage.

I used to live with people that abused it.
    The stereotypes of stoners are both false and true.
    70+% of the food in our house was their muchies. Being in that state meant they never had money and so I ended up having to buy like 2/3rds of my food.
    Their withdrawals were nasty and they were so deluded in their own little world it's something I never wish on anyone else.

With that said, if marijuana is proven to help people medically, why stop them?

I don't believe it's a so called "gateway drug", but considering I've grown up around it and have seen it abused countless times, the cons outweigh the pros for legalising it recreationally.

KaiserVenom and vipa like this.
  8. thatsgay

thatsgay thomas Donator

I agree with the legalization of marijuana. Legalizing marijuana could become a new source of job and tax revenue. As long as marijuana is controlled while being sold I see no problem in the legalization I also think that if it is legalized it could be harder for kids to access it.

9. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    If alcohol and cigarettes can be allowed in our society at leisure then you have no excuse to not let marijuana in. Marijuana is objectively better then both of those substances.
    Can Pot be abused? Yes, the same way that any addictive substance can. And people who have an addiction should be given an easy path to help.
    Recreational marijuana use has proven to be a massive revenue stream. Schools, infrastructure, (ironically)police and courts are all partially funded by the tax on weed.
    Cities also flourish. Denver, Colorado's house prices grew substantially when weed was leagalized.

"Why is weed illegal then?"

Senchies, PhantomStar and sebastiann like this.