Do all of us a favor

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Katerina, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

I already said in one of my posts that the reason why players leave and we aren't having fun is because of we and you guys act and that's the reason why I put that song in my original song, because we should work together to actually make things better

Also please stop calling yourselves biased you god damn arent

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    tence3000, Xandalf, Smogg and 4 others like this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

The staff members are trying to do their best, they aren't hesitating to warn someone for the smallest/bad reasons. I personally don't agree with this. New helpers can hesitate to warn people, but eventual they'll stop hesitating and act like a formal staff.

Katerina likes this.
  3. Katerina

As a former staff member I dont see that anymore but that's just my opinion

tence3000 likes this.
  4. MisfittedCow

MisfittedCow X

Minecraft:
    MisfittedCow
    I think I may have come down to the root of the problem. Now this is just in my perspective so if you can bear with me here.

What I've observed from staff from a normal player perspective is that staff has become a little (I'll take words used in this thread) trigger happy. Staff seems to be warning for every little thing they can possibly find that even has a slight change of being against the rules. They've become (again, words from this thread) thirsty for warns. Now, this is not always the case but it's become very common.

Now from a former staff perspective, I've seen this happen from the inside.
    Lower tier staff need to keep actively warning, otherwise why are they even staff if they aren't contributing to the team? When I became staff the second time as a helper, I noticed that reports were being done 24/7, server reports were being claimed faster than I could even read them and I thought it was great! However, some would watch the report section like hawks and try to rush reports to get a warn on their file, even if it's done badly. Then, because it's all done, no reports to claim, the staff turns to constantly hunting down other stuff that could even slightly be against the rules to warn for in order to keep up their warn count and remain active. Not great.
    No warns, no contribution to the staff team, demoted.

This leads to everything that's been mentioned here.
    I'm not saying it's outright a competition, but I feel as though there's some unspoken competitiveness in there somewhere.

I just hope that if this is the cause of all these issues, that it gets addressed accordingly.

Kaylyn, tence3000, Mookey and 15 others like this.
  5. Katerina

FYI guys I actually had no idea what was going on till now not even kidding

tence3000 likes this.
  6. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I can honestly tell you I don't play many games on here at all. I sit and watch and report people. So sometimes staff doesn't need to sit and observe because in the cases I've reported I've gained more than enough evidence.

That said there are people who are staff that are amazing at their job and then there are the ones that I watch make poor call after poor call and their behavior and attitudes are complete trash. But as someone said in an above post consistency is something that needs to be worked on and that only happens through showing up in game, training and communication with other staff members.

A staff member in another game Ezz and I played had a rule. Staff never talks to someone about someone's else's punishment/consequence. It's always between the staff and that player. If outside players don't like it, too bad. People causing drama over a friend or a family member getting warned/muted/banned should in turn be warned/muted/banned.

tence3000, Mookey, safoya299 and 2 others like this.
  7. nivels

nivels Donator

Don't want to be THAT GUY. But I think what was needed to be said was said so. Just get everyone on the same page and it'll be alright!

safoya299, tothemoon, Smg and 3 others like this.
  8. Katerina

Yea I agree with what you stated but the case is that, what haven't most of you realised already, I'm standing up for myself because this isn't the first time something like that has happened to me. I am not saying that "every staff member is shit" or anything like that, it wouldn't make sense if I did. I am talking about the new ones, the junior ones that are still learning now and I appreciate the fact that they actually understood what I addressed in this thread and also the fact that this thread is under consideration also proves that staff are doing a great job

I mean I didn't mean to harm anyone or cause flame because I've made mistakes and I will keep making mistakes because I am a human. What I found unacceptable in my opinion was the fact that they kept being "trigger happy" to the point where I told myself "ok I am not having fun anymore, this is wrong" and I ended up with this thread

Also I may sound a bit sassy but I realised it was the only way people would understand. If I wrote a big ass paragraph no one would read it or even understand me so yea thanks guys

tence3000, Mookey, retirednow and 4 others like this.
  9. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I'm under the assumption there is no "pointing fingers" going on here.
    I agree, greatly.
    I have had a friend of mine banned for lag issues. In her reign, she was having a weather storm.
    (Once again though, staff just wants to make this community a better place. There are obviously new and younger players joining the server).
    Expe

tence3000 and Katerina like this.
  10. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I don't see you being excessively sassy about anything. It's good to have a discussion.

tence3000, Sofie, Mookey and 3 others like this.
  11. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    I know we've already said pretty much everything that needs to, however, there's some interesting things I should bring up.

We, the Staff team, are role models for all the players.
    We are not better, however, we set the guidelines that players should follow.
    We need to follow rules just as everyone does.

So, why do only players get punished when a rule is bent? Broken?

We have a long way to go imo. And while I don't agree with the imbalance of punishments, there is always something we can do to try and rectify issues with certain Staff.
    If you see a Staff break/bend a rule, in a way you'd imagine would get a player verbally warned at the very least, report it.
    Report it at Staff abuse, to one of the 3 admins, or even a Staff member you trust.
    Even if it turns out that all that happens is a talking to the Staff, something has at least happened.

We're not all perfect, this is players and Staff encompassed. However, there are ways of dealing with this stuff and even though what happened from the playerbase a couple days ago was atrocious, so were our reactions.
    As Yfiotr said, yes the Staff team are aware and do apologise for our actions.
    However, and I highly suggest this to everyone, not just those involved, but talk to an admin or something.
    Argue your side sensibly.
    Whilst yelling at us may release anger, it's not going to get you far.
    If you're too scared to report a Staff member, or if you're their friend, or whatever, privately message an admin.
    Confidential, and the admin will do their best to resolve the situation without stress.

I severely doubt Staff are going to hold grudges against you, but if they do, let an admin know.

The more we all work together, the more easier this whole process is going to be.

I'm on neither side.
    I can see the arguments from both sides and this is something that I personally cannot interfere with as it isn't my place. All I'm going to do is sit here and recommend severely to talk/report Staff. Even if it isn't "that big of a deal", get it sorted before it snowballs.

Markend, tence3000, ZakMuir and 7 others like this.
  12. antibullyranger

antibullyranger ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Donator

I agree. For some reason currently the system works like this:
    Staff member makes indirect status = deletion of status and sometimes they aren't even deleted.
    Player (in my case ex staff member) makes indirect status = deletion of status and warn.
    I've seen many cases of staff members breaking the very rules they enforce and I understand everyone makes mistakes but come on guys, you're forced to read the protocol and rules before being accepted to helper, right? Not only that, a staff member breaking the rules technically should be punished more severely than a player.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    tence3000, cingle, Sofie and 3 others like this.
  13. Katerina

I dont know if what you said went directly at me but if so just read all the posts I made on this thread

tence3000 likes this.
  14. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    It was directed at everyone. I'd make it clear if I was directing at you haha.
    I have read everything but I basically just put in my piece before this thread was locked with a final say.

Markend, tence3000 and Katerina like this.
  15. Katerina

Well I am going to lock it because there's nothing else to discuss and also I don't want this to turn into a drama thread or anything.

Thanks guys
    /c

tence3000, Sofie, cingle and 4 others like this.
  16. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Last thing: If you feel any of your posts were unfairly removed, please make an appeal. We can't monitor every single action made by our staff members, making an appeal or PM'ing an admin is the best way to bring it to our attention.

ZakMuir, YFIOTR, Smg and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.