Dealing with ACNE

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Muffin_Mobber, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Muffin_Mobber

Muffin_Mobber Reality Surfer Donator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Oh my GOD. The amount of misinformation and lack of information and tips and bad advice and everything on this subject is just too much to deal with to be able to find out what you gotta do. And I was inspired to make this post when I walked into a friend's bathroom where the lights were bright and I could see absolutely every imperfection and blemish on my face and just ugh.

You can't touch your face.
    You can't eat all 80% of food available on the Earth without causing flare ups.
    You gotta wash your sheets.
    You gotta wash your face.
    You can't wash your face TOO much.
    You can use cocoa butter!
    You can use charcoal dust!
    You can't use charcoal dust or cocoa butter.
    Always shower after you exercise.
    If you shower too much, your skin will produce extra oil to account for the missing amount, causing flare-ups.
    If you use half of available acne products you will just dry out your skin, which will also cause flare-ups.
    Do not pick off your pimples. This will cause the pimple stuff to go back down into your skin. Wait them out!
    If you MUST pop a pimple, you may do so, but only if a dermatologist does it. (wtf?)

Alternatively,
    You can touch your face. There is no connection between dirt and acne flare-ups.
    There is no evidence your diet plays a factor, either.
    You only need to wait for puberty to end, when your hormones will balance.
    It's basically all genetics.
    Don't delay seeing a dermatologist. All acne is treatable you just can't use anything you've found on the internet because chances are if you found it on the internet it was only designed to take your money.-The Internet.

-The Internet, where cutting through the bullshit is harder than cutting through a tree trunk with dental floss.

This all coming from someone who's been steadily using trusted products with benzoyl peroxide with seemingly insignificant improvement for several months.
    It isn't even my face which bothers me the most. It's when I turn around using the side mirror and see my back and physically cringe that I realize something needs to change. And I've become a little tired of getting disgusted by my own back tbh.

Sooooo.... any thoughts? Questions? Comments? Advice? Thanks tanks danke

Username, TheMint, Soap and 2 others like this.
  2. Khorndog

Khorndog I like Abcedefhijklmnopqrztuvwxyzs Donator

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    I only have 2 pimples somehow lol one under my left eyebrow and one under my lip. I never touch my face cuz i hate the greasy feeling that i get every time

3. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I'll message you on DC when I have more brain power.

Sadiee likes this.
  4. Chilla

Chilla cat lover

Damn thats a real stuggle! hope you find something that works

5. Amandq

Amandq lil’ moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    Amandq | Amanda
    My girlfriend gets little to no acne.
    She gets maybe one or two little blemishes, meanwhile my face is absolutely covered. Nothing works for me, to be honest, and I’ve used benzyol peroxide before which also didn’t help. I think it just depends on the person’s skin type and genetics.

You said that you swam, right? The chlorine in the pool might play a role into that. My friend who use to swim had terrible acne until she stopped. I don’t know if there’s a direct co-relation to that or not, but it’s something to think about.

For me, it’s just genetics and no outside cause. My dad had terrible acne when he was younger and now I do too. I’ve never seen a dermatologist but I plan on it soon.

witchchick128 likes this.
  6. Trevor

Trevor Donator

Lol yea I hate my acne. I bet I got more than any of you freaks.

7. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Although this is a little hard, maybe you should just accept the fact that you have acne. I know it's easier said than done but once you accept it, trust me, that's one less problem off your mind.

Averill likes this.
  8. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I used to have really bad acne. I got advice from a ton of people, used every different face soap or cream you can think of and nothing works. I started taking the pills, looked like I came out of Chernobyl for a full year, and now it's completely gone and I have my beautiful baby face once again!

It really, truly, and I'm not bullshitting you, worked like magic. But you have to suffer from a ton of side effects and even more acne during the treatment.

I guess it depends on the person, but be careful with the creams because there's a full industry of people trying to sell you their expensive "natural" creams and most of them are complete bullshit alternative medicine that doesn't work and only makes it worse. Read about the ingredients!!!

sool, ItsJerry, Averill and 1 other person like this.
  9. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    I'm all for body acceptance when it comes to things I have no control over (bone structure, height, etc.). But acne is something that I CAN deal with, so giving up isnt an option. Not sure why you would want to accept something you can deal with especially when it hits your self-esteem.
    To be clear, acne has not affected me in any way so strongly I've avoided doing things. I've always had high self confidence. But also, I'd really rather not have it at all lol

ItsHarry likes this.
  10. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Forgot to reply to this

I'm not saying that you should completely ignore your acne, just don't try too hard that you end up doing ridiculous things or spending a lot of money. If ever you're actively fighting against your acne because you're afraid of what people will think, take a step back and relax. Believe it or not, most people do not care about it as much as you think they do. Chances are, they're freaking about some imperfection they may have too. And in the end, it's what’s on the inside that matters. Sure looks are great and all but what's the point if you don't have the heart to match it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    dinoceros likes this.
  11. Muffin_Mobber

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Holy shit