Chuck Berry

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by TreeKillerMan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    R.I.P. Chuck Berry
    1926 - 2017

So, last night a very talented rock 'n' roll musician died aged 90. Chuck was a true founder of rock 'n' roll and was a great inspiration to many musicians, without him there would be no Hendrix, or Led Zeppelin and even no Beatles. (and many more musicians)

"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry."
    -John Lennon

"I grew up thinking art was just pictures until I got into music and found I was an artist and didn't paint."
    -Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry's music also featured in my favourite movie of all time, Back to the Future.
    "Chuck, Chuck! It's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Berry! You know that new sound you were looking for? Well listen to THIS!"

This scene did mean Marty basically invented Rock n Roll, inspired Chuck Berry and rocked about every guitar move that hadn't been 'invented' yet.

Here's something interesting too, John Lennon performs Memphis Tennessee with Chuck Berry (his inspiration). Try to ignore Yoko Ono, she gets cut off anyway towards the end.

Some more of Chuck's songs/performances:

Chuck Berry - You never can tell
    Fun fact, this song was featured in Pulp Fiction too!

Chuck Berry - No particular place to go

IMG_5686.JPG

newkt, pianoargmaster, teitan and 4 others like this.
  2. antibullyranger

antibullyranger ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Donator

I haven't listened to any of his music as I am not into that genre, but rest in peace.

3. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I am a fan of Berry. Since my mom was a huge fan of Back to the Future, she loved Berry, and from there my entire family loved him too. It a really sad day today.

TreeKillerMan likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

May he rest in peace :cc

5. Racingman1

Racingman1 Beatles Fan I Premium Rank I Person Donator

Minecraft:
    Racingman1
    Rest in peace,

6. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

God bless the man.

Y'all know I'm really into The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and The Monkees.

Without Chuck Berry, there would be no Beatles or Stones... or anyone else.

Screw Elvis, Chuck Berry is the true KING OF ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!
    Mr. Berry did more than Elvis could have done for rock and roll. And like Lennon said, if rock and roll had a different name, we can call it Chuck Berry. The man took it to the next level.

So if it weren't for Berry, y'all wouldn't have your favorite artists today. It's the chain of inspiration.

But with his passing, we should also remember we still have the rn'r legends Fats Domino, Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis with us. All of these guys inspired many generations with their music.

Chuck's songs are bops and good shit. Tried duck walking once while listening to Johnny B. Goode but I almost broke my leg <3
    Also lost my voice once screaming Chuck Berry songs hahah

So to sum everything up, I owe Chuck Berry everything. He is one of my biggest idols and inspiration. I'm very deeply saddened by his passing, obviously. I loved the dude, he was fucking great. If you look Rock And Roll up in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of him.

God bless you Chuck Berry. Thank you for everything.

Edit:
    I wanted to add this clip.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

8. ItzJackson

ItzJackson Premium | Guitar Player | Idiot Donator

Minecraft:
    ItzJackson_
    A true legend

Rest in peace.

TreeKillerMan likes this.