Minecraft Can you help me? I am bad with Mods and Shaders.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by duckky25, Sep 25, 2015.

1. duckky25

duckky25 duckky25 // Trevor S. Donator

Minecraft:
    duckky25
    Hey everyone! I am duckky25. I posted this thread because i really need help with Mods and Shaders. Before i downloaded shaders, i use forge because i use mods such as Damage Indicators to help me. But, ever since i downloaded shaders, i always had this question in my head. "How am i going to have shaders at the same time with forge?" I can't play with only shaders and no Damage Indicators to help me. If you know how i can have my mods and shaders at the same time, please, please teach me how to do it. Either in the comments or on the server when i am online. Thanks! -duckky25 2015-09-26_00.12.28.png 2015-09-26_00.09.59.png

2. Kaiiven

Kaiiven Donator

Minecraft:
    Kaiiven
    I would contact the developers. I don't have any ideas . The only way I can think of is , the developers would have to add forge to your mods.

I am not 100% sure because I have not used them before. But I would contact a developer.

Sorry that I could not help .

Also . This might not be possible because If the developer was to add forge to your mods, he could have to get permission from the developers of forge.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
    duckky25 likes this.
  3. KlulessdoesMC

KlulessdoesMC YouTube: Klockorino

Minecraft:
    KlulessKitsune
    I have this problem. From what I've seen, it's because Forge and OptiFine create separate versions of the game. Theoretically, if minecraft had a common modding API, then they wouldn't have too.

However, using a third party launcher may work (example: Technic). The problem is you would have to find a pack with OptiFine and the damage indicators. I recommend getting help from the developers of the mods, although with mods this popular it'll be hard.

4. Abcdhax

Abcdhax good times

Minecraft:
    SqueakerSquad
    it's easy just install karyonix shaders mod, create a shaders folder if you don't have one, and then drag and drop shaders ez

5. duckky25

Minecraft:
    duckky25
    Hey Abcdhax! Thank you for teaching me how to do it. But theres one problem, i want to use optifine too, but when i put optifine in the mods folder together with my other mods, everything glitches. The words and the visual stuff glitch when i use optifine together.

Abcdhax likes this.
  6. xRayhan

xRayhan ganggang

Minecraft:
    xRayhan
    Ay my homie! , I think i can help you with your problem, install forge and run the game then you're going to turn it off and go to your Minecraft folder (AppData>Roaming>.minecraft) and it should generate a new folder which named mods, once you opened it, drop your shaders mod that supports forge.Once you've done that simply turn on minecraft and it should generate a new button on your settings called Shaders , then
    simply turn it off and go to your .minecraft folder go to shaderpacks folder , put all your downloaded shaders in there and then just simply put the mods (like OptiFine,bspkrs,DI,etc.) that you want in your mods folder, everything should be done nicely by that! (dam dis is long).

duckky25 likes this.
  7. duckky25

Minecraft:
    duckky25
    I did what you said but when i put Optifine, the words glitches and minecraft crashes.

8. xRayhan

xRayhan ganggang

Minecraft:
    xRayhan
    It happened to me too on the 1.8 version , but it doesnt crash when i mod my 1.7

9. superjustin0628

superjustin0628

first use minecraft forums to do it and link it in minecraft

10. Kalamp

Kalamp

This is over 6 years old but, you can either get a shaders MOD or get OptiFORGE. But Optiforge does not always have the latest version. If you want the latest then you must get a shaders MOD and bring it to the mods folder, if you get normal shaders it can't work in the mods folder it must be a mod version

11. Kalamp

Kalamp

I recommend "Iris Shaders" on Curseforge.

12. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    what is your problem

dinoceros likes this.
  13. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

kalamp deserves better

14. Kalamp

Kalamp

The thread is 6 years old I thought that maybe their problem might've been resolved.