"Can we not?"

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Stolas, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Mason10991

Mason10991 Donator

I agree. There will always be toxic players on any server you go to, but we seem to have a lot of them! :/

2. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Almost like we haven't been taking enough action to get rid of them.
    Maybe a greater effort is necessary.

3. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s

Just because it exists, doesn't mean it should be tolerated. The fact that you admit you're toxic and you refuse to change makes you a HUGE part of the problem.

aptsCS, YFIOTR, TheMint and 1 other person like this.
  4. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Agreed, again.

5. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    I'm not talking about me personally I just find myself to be toxic from time to time I'm just saying nothing you can do will change this

Xandalf likes this.
  6. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Despite the fact that (once again) we can't do anything about this problem, we will not tolerate it (like @t3mptr3s said) and we will do everything we can to make it less of a problem.
    This problem will be fixed sooner or later, it's just going to take a little bit of time.

7. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Eh I have my doubts but if you do manage to fix the problem credits to you

Xandalf and Smg like this.
  8. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Don't just credit me.
    (I'm not saying to literally credit every person that has had a thread similar to this one)

9. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    As much as I hate to say it, it's never going to go away. Sure, the culprits who give staff shit are more than likely going to grow up at some point in time, but it's just not something that can be stopped just like that.

It's a great message to put across to the community, and it will impact on some of the players. It's also a good message. A handful of the staff team were once toxic too, me and @Smg included, but the main reason I snapped out of it was because I was nearing a ban. In fact, I applied for staff to try and make the server a bit better than it already is, and to put people who think it's good to treat others like that in place.

You're going to get abuse as a staff member unfortunately, but it can always be solved.
    Anyways, well written.

10. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Thank you Joey.
    I understand that being a staff member takes a lot of guts. I am under the assumption that this most likely the fact that staff needs to figure out what is right. As soon as warn has been placed (or a mute), people get aggressive. I like to call it the toxic society. At times, especially on servers like Parkour, Creative and Skyblock, all you can see is toxic chat.
    Toxic chat is really what hurt me back when I was maybe 10. I was always excited to advertise my new whatever, and (at the time I didn't know what to call these players but bullies) toxic players would really shut me down.
    I still see it happening today, and you would expect that 3 years later, people would start to realize that their ruining lives of young children. It's important that we keep an eye on the people that are causing these problems, obviously, but it's scary. I have actually been thinking about how to stop things like this, but with everyone saying that it's not going to happen isn't helping my case.

Thanks to anyone that's been supportive too helping and fixing the community so far.

11. antibullyranger

antibullyranger ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Donator

I think what @MeatBoy0 was saying was it will never end because toxic players get punished every day, and if they continue they are banned. But with that being said, at the same time toxic players are being rid of, more of them are coming in. It's the same with hackers, yeah a lot of them are banned every day, but it doesn't matter how hard staff work, hackers will still continue to come back, it's the same with toxic players. The server is coming up on its 5th birthday, and I doubt that there have been many times if any times that there haven't been toxic players.
    "It's a part of life" I guess you could say, we have to learn to deal with it.

It's not just toxic players on the server, bud. There are toxic people all over the world in real life too.

12. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Unfortunately it seems humanity can't get passed humanity.

13. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    The lesson I learned over my years gaming (believe it or not I've been in games where the community was 10x as toxic as it is here) is that you can only do what you can do. We can't expect people to act the way we want them to. We cannot control anything besides how we act and react. Sometimes being that better person and not falling for the troll traps is hard but it also is something that can be contagious. Not that my attitude is the greatest all the time but @Ezzerland has diluted that part of my personality (it's a good thing trust me). I try to take that step back, again something that is hard to do even for me, to not cause trouble. I even get psssts from @WitherEmpire when I'm getting close to that line which is super helpful in being aware of what I am doing. That said I like that kind of feed back. You can't change things in yourself that you're not aware of it.

Work on yourself. Hopefully it'll spread to others. If it doesn't, it's okay. That's what /report is for :P

Witha, safoya299 and Ezzerland like this.
  14. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Well said, and agreed.

15. Witha

Witha Mandy 11.28.21 <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Your welcome :D. But yeah like she said don't fall for into the controversial things just let the staff handle it trust me you will feel better in the end.

Cleb_ likes this.
  16. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    Well on Kitpvp is the toxicity a hell. Every single time you spawn logg because you dont want to lose your stuff the chat goes insane:
    Player 1: LLLLLLLLLLL
    Player 2: Wow you are so bad in pvp, combat logger.

I could make this chat even further but you get the idea.

I hate toxicity on servers so I always try my best to be as kind as possible, but sometimes it is so diffecult because of those little kids always spamming the chat full with L and EZ.

17. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Same here.

18. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    People try to get me to play kit. I don't, I have kits that I stock up for my kids and my friends. Then they whine about me not wanting to duel. Then they start the "you're bad" talk. Here is the biggest secret to dealing with kids in Kit. "I don't have to prove anything to you." Someone has told me I'm bad once and my response is, "and?" or "your point is?". Because 99% of the time what people think about me doesn't matter. They're kids who are having temper tantrums.

I can understand logging because you don't want to die. I get it. The point of pvp is to fight. You'll die sometimes. I've given kids diamond gear because they've died to a hacker. I don't help people who are jerks or whine. I used to supply people with pearls and str pots but once I saw how they treated others. I stopped. I feel it's a bad reflection on me.

Stolas and Smg like this.
  19. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I envy your effect on KitPvP today.
    I personally think it was a great idea to stop giving good stuff to people that are jerks.

20. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I've flat out told one person after he tried to tell me I didn't see what I saw that I will not reward bad behavior. (side note: I kinda also had him targeted because I cannot stand douchebaggery).