"Can we not?"

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Stolas, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    SO, I wrote this thread in a great deal of stress, so there is a chance a lot of what I am saying is exaggerated. However, this is all true, and I want to express how important it is to start getting rid of players like these, if they're already not 'unridable'. Sorry if this is offensive to you in any way. I just really wanted to get this off of my mind.

Toxic players. A topic that has really been flying around here on the forums, especially on servers like Kit PvP, Creative, Skyblock or Farm King. I don't know why it is these servers, but people like to... be (excuse my language) assholes. I've seen this a lot, and i've seen staff try to take care of it, but now it's come to the point that's not take 'carable', perhaps. It indeed has been brought to my attention that players have been rude, and I say this a lot in my threads. This thread really explains, and goes in depth on what I mean, and why I mean it.

I can't believe how many staff members have told people to "please keep chat appropriate", and then everyone thinks the staff are the evil people, the people that ruin all the fun, when in reality, they're the ones ganging up on someone, spamming the chat with excessively rude language, or (what they say today in a disgusting modern society) exposing someone. It's disgusting and it needs to stop. I know I am not the first one to bring this to the community attention, and I will not take credit for trying to get rid of toxic players, however, what I do want to take credit for is the amount of effort I have tried to put in to get rid of these toxic players. I am not pointing fingers as that is childish, but those people know who they are.

It's time for it to stop. Seriously. Why do you (they) have to act so childish?
    I'll provide an example (and this is what I have actually seen from chats from these servers):
    Player: ur such a faggot lol gay boi go get some dick
    Staff: Please keep chat appropriate. (this sometimes occurs in /msg)
    Player 2: dude he was just joking chill out lmao
    Player: staff ruin all the fun dude
    Player 3: lmao staff is trash this server would be better without them
    Player 2: ^ what he/she said
    Player: lol staff is so gay they so dumb
    Staff: - stays silent and gets more staff to chime in -
    Player: what are you going to do mute me?
    Player 2: yeah because they're trash
    Staff 2: I advise you keep chat appropriate, otherwise warnings will be given out.
    -

This could go on, but I think you get the point.
    The bad guys make the good guys look bad, making the bad guys look like the good guys.

If a player gets warned, muted, etc., someone that has had ties (let's say Player 2) with the player announces it. Then everyone is ganging up on staff, saying how shitty their rules are, and that they should "drink bleach".

I am sure staff knows about this, and it's already starting to get taken care of, but it's sickening to see this keep happening. Some older players forget that the community is still growing, meaning younger players will also be joining the server, so when they see that players are being mean to staff, they're going to do the same exact thing as they grow in the server.

At least that's what I did. I then realized how wrong I was, that I was doing the wrong thing, and I removed myself from the toxic group of players, and it felt so good to finally be able to see staff differently.

But that's not everyone's case, and I wish it were.
    If it takes some realization to see that the community is growing into a monster of a place, then so be it. But I am not going to sit in my chair and watch little players be teased by the toxic, older players over the server.

If you are a toxic player, grow up. If you were once a toxic player, like I was, then I congratulate you for moving on, and realizing that there are greater things to look at rather than yourself. If you were once a toxic player, and made the staff team, my respect goes to you.

I am really, really hoping this thread doesn't turn into an argument, as that was not this threads intention, so please, don't make it be.

Expedect.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Flurried, aptsCS, Praetor and 16 others like this.
  2. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I get so tired of hearing "it was just a joke" and then they usually say but (insert name here) said (whatever word). Rules are rules. I honestly don't think staff should take into consideration if someone was 'offended' or if it was a 'joke'. I also hate how toxic the environment is getting. I have said in another thread, I do not play on the server. I sit and watch and report. I don't care if it's younger kids getting picked on or older kids. I think it's complete BS that these kids think that their behavior is okay. Even worse that it's someone else's fault because they're too weak or cowardly to accept responsibility for their own behavior.

That said... my youngest daughter got verbally warned by a staff member and the staff member informed me about it when he saw me. I told them that they should feel free to msg me on skype and I will talk to her about what is acceptable and what is not. That is part of the problem. The computer is a babysitter and most parents don't know how to use or refuse to learn. They have no idea what their kids do.

3. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Exactly, that is what I was trying to say, glad you understand.

I agree, and to know your daughter has been warned and you were informed about it is amazing.
    I also agree that parents don't know what those kids are doing behind the computer screens.

tence3000 and safoya299 like this.
  4. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Honestly I wouldn't even worry bout it that much mainly because the problem has been going on for a looong time lol
    I've been staff here for nearly 8 months, and I'm approaching my 3 year anniversary of being a part of the community in December. There has never been a time that I haven't seen at-least one person be toxic/a hater. Even before I joined this place, never seen a place without them

Best thing you can do in these type of situations is to report thus player through /report or on here, and to stay out of it. Players getting involved and trying to tell the rule-breaker what they're doing is wrong is actually breaking a rule itself, mini-modding lol

But yo, I guess being around it so long makes you used to it lol
    Just remember that those types of peeps only want attention, and we give it to them with some nice verbal warnings :)

also I used to be toxic loololololol

5. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I know they want attention, that's what I say to everyone. That's why you have to ignore it, but in todays society, people get "triggered" (a new word that people are using to make fun of people standing up for their rights). They fight back. I try to stop it, to the best I can without using /report to avoid conflict, and if it gets out of hand, then I use the /report command.

That's just me though. Other players don't even care. Some argue, and leads to this massive argument, which leads all the way back to the beginning of this whole thread. (That's what I call toxic vs. toxic, people like you probably dread this)

6. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

There are sometimes many toxic players. I do agree.

7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Also, this thread spreads a nice message but it also gives what these players want, attention. Just remember that when creating similar threads in the future. Cheers :)

8. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I agree, SMG. Personally however, if it's not publicly recognized, then it's not recognized at all. That's just my way of thinking this out.
    Also, Paramount, there aren't "sometimes" toxic players, there are always toxic players, that's the only reason I created this thread (sorry if that was a little bit harsh).

tence3000 likes this.
  9. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

If only the toxic people could read this.

10. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    If only they actually cared about the rules on the server, in the perfect world, right?

11. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    First of all I want to say that I completely agree with this.
    Recently over factions and kitpvp, this being the one with the most in my opinion, there have been a lot of 'toxic' players.
    This has caused a lot of problems for staff and for the other people around who want to casually play the server.
    Players can get very annoyed from the amount of immature comments and so can staff.
    I have heard 'it's just a joke' so many times by now I am sick of it as well.
    Well it's only a joke if 'both parties' agree to it.
    Many people have complained about the staff recently as well and that they aren't banning hackers, well this is hey.
    They have to spend their time on players making stupid comments instead of making the game more playable for everyone else.
    In my opinion these players are becoming as bad as hackers in a way as they ruin the gameplay.
    Thanks for bringing more attention to this and I hope this all goes down well.

12. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    First of all, no problem. I have realized that I indeed forgot some minigames, which our actually some of the main servers that consist of toxic players, even the players at those server admit that fights are always happening. Parkour and Factions are the worst places, because people rank themselves higher than others (in Factions case) because they've played longer, and they have more stuff (that would be different if we calculated their Z-Score but nobody really cares that much, right?), but in parkour, it's strange. People just... talk. Talk about currently offensive/controversial things at this state in time, and with this mean society, it's widely accepted that people get triggered easily, but they're not triggered easily, they're just human, a human that still understands human rights. Yes, I just went somewhat off topic.

What I am trying to say is, a discussion on this has already happened so many times, and if it has, then why the hell haven't we fixed this problem yet?

tence3000 likes this.
  13. Racingman1

Racingman1 Beatles Fan I Premium Rank I Person Donator

Minecraft:
    Racingman1
    One of my friends on the server said that one of my other friends (who is a staff) 'betrayed us' and thinks that as soon as you become staff, all the fun gets sucked out of them. Which I find bullshit, and like how it's said in your post I agree how the bad guys make the good guys look like the bad guys.

This has to stop, one way or another.

Smg likes this.
  14. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Agreed.

15. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

I understand.

16. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Glad you do. :)

17. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Another thread about staff holy crap we need some better threads people

YFIOTR, Xandalf and j0sef like this.
  18. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    This isn't about staff, read the entire thing.
    It's about toxic players.
    Staff is in this because staff is important to fix this.

19. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Not a fixable problem fam toxic players like myself will continue to be toxic no stopping it you can just keep it to a minimum and to be fair Staff are ruining their fun but that just means they are Ruining it for the better of the server because people be acting stupid I'm just saying kitpvp player here it's not gonna end

Xandalf and teitan like this.
  20. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    We can control it.
    If it doesn't stop I think it's best if further actions are taken.