Buying the Unbans and Banning IPs

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by davidkaragezyan, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidkaragezyan

davidkaragezyan MeatBoy1

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy1
    Now I read the whole thread explaining the purchase of unbans and the other stuff but one thing that stood out to me was the IP ban.

Here's my concern. (keep in mind I'm all for this idea I just have a question) How will this stop people from bypassing if they simply use a VPN? Do you guys have some way to void users from doing that?

2. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    This is just to stop people from bypassing their bans on the same IP.
    While we are able to catch people on VPN's, there is no way to stop them from bypassing using them unless we just block VPN's altogether (which was already agreed upon that we wont do)

Automatically IP-Banning is more efficient then manually banning every account that bypasses.

ItsJerry, Bruhtrash and ItsHarry like this.
  3. davidkaragezyan

davidkaragezyan MeatBoy1

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy1
    No no I get that IP-Banning is better and more efficient but how exactly do you stop them if they just use a VPN? You said you are able to catch people on VPNs but can't stop them unless you block VPNs altogether, which you wont do, so what's the plan for that? And why was that agreed upon to not do (just out of curiosity)?

4. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    A lot of people use VPN's just to connect overall with no malicious intent. If we blocked VPN's it would cut back even more on the server population.
    Like stated before, we are still able to catch people on VPN's and ban them if they are bypassing; but there is just no automatic system to do this.

ItsJerry and Bruhtrash like this.
  5. davidkaragezyan

davidkaragezyan MeatBoy1

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy1
    Ohhh I see, well then it seems like a very well thought out system to me, not sure why so many people hate it.

EDIT: I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread since my question was practically answered, no need to keep this thread up.

ItsJerry and ItsHarry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.