Becoming a Musician + Announcement.

Discussion in 'Real life stuff' started by thesaber903, Aug 8, 2019.

1. thesaber903

thesaber903 ~ || 15 | ASMR | Multifandom | Active || ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    How did I become a Musician?
    Well, let me tell you. It was completely out of the blue, I had no idea this would be happening. As someone who is a fan of Broadway Musicals and Musical Theatre itself, my dreams were just about to begin.

It all started when I woke up to my best friend, Emily, screaming at me through DMs to apply for this talent company, "bubbletalent". She got accepted already so I thought I'd apply to work with her even though my confidence is like at rock bottom for singing, but it's worth a shot, right?
    However, I had NO IDEA this would be the day when I became a Musician, I used to make covers but I always used to think they were crappy, but I did like a few of them that I still have saved on my PC. I went on Instagram and I applied, it took like an hour overall and eventually, they told me I got in. Let me tell you, I stopped breathing for two minutes because I was so shocked, I actually got a job at 15? I'm in contract with a talent company even though it's small, I was still proud of myself nonetheless, my confidence went up and I was so happy, I was finally starting my dreams.

Yesterday I was wondering that night if Emily and I wanted to do a duet cover, she said yes and now the fun began. I am currently writing and sorting out lyrics for our cover of 'The Truth Untold' by BTS, except with a little twist. We added our own rap to it, unfortunately, I can't record it yet until my dad gets me a new singing desk microphone and I'd rather not break my headphone microphone from my lazy ass voice. I mean... I actually broke it once with my voice... Let's not get into that...

If you want to know the rap, here it is, I am not rapping this part but Emily is:

I’d move a mountain to change the past
    It must hurt so bad to just wanna go back
    Maybe I’d do things differently if I had the chance
    Then it probably wouldn’t have to be our final dance

I pretend I don’t love you
    But I keep thinking about you
    What’s the point in trying
    When it all ends in tears I won’t be the one crying

Then the song carries on like it's supposed to, what do you think? I'll make another thread about it in 'Creation Showcase'.
    (I have no clue if this IS supposed to be in Creation Showcase but since it's more of a real life thing, I'll leave it here.)

Chosen and Ahmeet like this.
  2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    https://www.instagram.com/bubbletalent/

This is it lol? Extremely shady.

I hope you did not sign some random contract with your personal details or sent them other pictures/videos of yourself.
    Seriously, be careful not to get exploited by this "talent company" that's DM'ing 15 year old girls.

Just my two cents

3. thesaber903

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    Ahhh, jerry, I actually dmed myself, they didn't dm me lol

4. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    What was in the contract? just wondering

thesaber903 likes this.
  5. thesaber903

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    Just a couple of questions, just wanted a photo of me so they can make a post on their account about me and my friend, didn't ask for anything else from me, just a photo.

6. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    I agree with Jerry. They only have 128 followers, doesn't really look like a good reputation to me. Also, do they have a main location and such?

davey and Smg like this.
  7. hubbo

hubbo Donator

Minecraft:
    HUBB0
    that rap was good

thesaber903 likes this.
  8. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    People may sound pessimistic or not interested in sharing your excitement so I just want to clarify that to us your safety and security comes before your happiness.

If this works out to be a legit thing and they manage to get you somewhere, that's excellent. But until they do, please exercise the utmost caution with revealing any of your personal information (full real name with date of birth, home city or address, school district or other information that may reveal your location, contact numbers, etc). Please also do any traveling (if required to go to a studio) with your parents and only after thoroughly investigating the studio you are allegedly traveling to. For example, looking up bubbletalent management Instagram via Google will lead you to multiple talent companies, but no information about this specific one. It's just a common red flag when you cannot identify your agency. It also seems you two are their first clients.

The parent in me is very apprehensive. Be safe.

Having said all that... I like the lyric, like the song and wish you the best. I'd personally recommend looking into using cakewalk to create your own samples/mixes of your music (it's free and amazing) and most importantly, have fun with this.

AbductedSnake, davey, hmj and 5 others like this.
  9. thesaber903

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    Thank you Ezz, I will be more cautious as this is my first time, they never asked me any personal questions apart from my picture. It may sound shady and I can even admit that to myself but thank you for your message, I appreciate it.

Ezzerland likes this.