Ban offensive skins

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Impossibru_, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Impossibru_

Impossibru_

Earlier I saw a user on skyblock who had an Adolf Hitler skin on. I feel like these kinds of skins should be banned. Reasons for this is that these skins are incredibly offensive and makes people feel unsafe on the server. Skins should be safe and unharmful and should not be mean or offensive to anybody.

TheMint, t3mptr3s, Trevah and 2 others like this.
  2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    What to you is an offensive skin?

Just Adolf Hitler?

3. Impossibru_

Impossibru_

Any skin related to nudity, mass killings, or terrorism (such as Bin Ladin )

4. Trevah

Trevah There's always tomorrow Donator

Minecraft:
    Trwver
    Should be added to the rules, if it has not already.
    100% agree.

t3mptr3s likes this.
  5. Left4Lag

Left4Lag Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Left4Lag
    On most servers Hitler, terrorist, etc skins are bannable so I can support this suggestion.
    Especially since most people who use those skins are up to no good and generally idiots anyway ^

Karwaa, Amandq, Andy and 3 others like this.
  6. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

I know inappropriate skins are bannable aready, so yea this should be added

Amandq and t3mptr3s like this.
  7. Amandq

Amandq lil’ moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Amandq
    Completely agreed. I’ve actually brought this up with some of the staff team and was told to ask around with the community to see what you all think. Controversial skins like these don’t belong on the IJ&H network, or any network for that matter.

8. hubbo

hubbo quit Donator

Hitler is a historical figure and that's the only reason he's not bannable, which is literally (excuse my language) one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. I haven't met 1 person who actually takes Hitler into a higher account other than a mass killer. Anyone who uses his skins is an obvious troll.

I agree, get dat outta hee

Andy, t3mptr3s, Skillz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Former S.TAFF | M Donator

Minecraft:
    momand
    I've said it before, so I'll just quote what I said in this suggestion:

I believe the "historical figure" argument sort of falls flat when discussing the "legality" of skins of figures such as Hitler or Osama bin Laden.

Hitler and bin Laden are historical figures, sure. However, both have a huge amount of stigma around them. Hitler led Nazi Germany which ended up killing millions of Jewish, disabled, homosexual, etc people in WWII, while Osama bin Laden led Al Qaeda which caused great terror to America and the Middle East. Due to this stigma, I don't believe that we should allow such skins or builds on our server, as it would only cause outrage, especially among those who are Jewish and have ancestors that died in the holocaust, or those who have relatives who died in 9/11.

I strongly agree that we should treat all of these cases equally.

Kinda confused why this rule hasn't been applied yet.

Trevah, Skillz, t3mptr3s and 2 others like this.
  10. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Hitler wasn't original at all. The Idea of the holocaust was stolen by Kemal who literally burned the whole city of Smyrna in 3 days before he told his soldiers to back off. That's what we call the Greek holocaust cuz he killed around 1 million like that (I may be wrong but it was a large number). Sooo with that logic u should ban Kemal Skins, great Alexander skins, Mussolini skins, Kim Jung un skins, Hitler skins, Papadopoulos skins, Putin skins and thousand more which is pointless because all of them were mass killers :shrug: oh and Pepe skins of course

There are thousand historical figures that have created black pages in history so it's impossible to ban them all. I don't think it would make any difference cuz the server is dead anyway and like if you see hate symbols and get a seizure I feel sorry for u cuz the real society is much rougher than that.

11. Saul1337

Saul1337

Ban furry skins, they sexualize animals

hubbo and Katerina like this.
  12. hubbo

hubbo quit Donator

bestiality was a thing long before furries tho :what::what::what:

13. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    I think they should be bannable by report. If a person is meming I don’t think it’s fair to ban them. Give them a warning if it offends someone. Then if they still persist, ban them. I do agree that some consequence should be enforced, though.

hubbo and Andy like this.
  14. Saul1337

Saul1337

Furries are a subculture that brought it out in the open and normalized it in a certain way.

hubbo likes this.
  15. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

4FEF228E-13F8-423D-B50E-8F253ED5C351.jpeg wait this is already a rule?
    Was this changed or does hitler not qualify as excessive offensive symbols

16. Dream_Addict

Dream_Addict Stardust Smoker Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Sorry but I disagree. In my opinion there is nothing implicitly offensive about any given historical figure, and I dont believe in punishing on the presumption of intent, in this case being that if they're wearing skin X, they're obviously not good people anyway.
    If the person wearing potentially offensive historical skin X breaks the rules and either says stupid shit or harasses someone, they'll be punished accordingly.

17. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Last time i checked absolutely nobody uses a hitler skin who isnt a troll, and plus the skin has offensive symbols on it.

Amandq and Soap like this.
  18. Dream_Addict

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    I dont disagree with your assertion that they're all or are mostly trolls, but what you're saying is literally profiling lol, and I dont plan on going near that line.

Can you explain how they are harmful without speaking? Because, presumably, the only reason this thread exists is because there ARE players with this skin that dont break the rules. In which case, I say let them exist and have their fun on a minecraft server.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  19. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Haven't we already explained this before?

Trevah and Amandq like this.
  20. Dream_Addict

Minecraft:
    muffin_mobber
    Rather than say that, why not just tell me how lol